Kali, Part 3 (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    I'll have to listen to it again--I couldn't quite make out the words, though at the end they seemed to be saying ..."to seek, to know" That makes sense for the Sanctuary. It seems kind of fast paced for what we see on the screen. ? Maybe when they signed on Andrew? Lockington he said he wanted to write his own theme.? It does seem weird to change the title music in mid-stream.
    Something like that.

From Tapping Tuesday:

Q#3) @ Pat OBrien: Was there any reason for the change in the theme music for season three? ...or were you just trying to change things up?

A#3) Our Canadian composer Andrew Lockington wrote it. He is writing all the music for the show and w...e thought it should be his theme music.Afficher la suite
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Good ep, good to have it back AT kicking butt as normal
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        ^^^ There were words? I could hear voices, but I thought it was just to the tune, not real words.
        I *thought* I heard (English) words in the last seconds. Maybe I invented them.

Comment

I forgot completely that Sanctuary returned on last Friday so I waited for the second Friday rerun. I miss the first 10 minutes but I did like the episode. I found it to be slightly lacking but I couldn't think of what was missing. I really need to watch Season 1 and then rewatch Season 2 to get a better hold on the show because I felt lost at times. Its been quite a while...I thought Wexford was a interesting character and I hope to see him again (mainly due to Paul McGillion ).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Yes. And boy are the other household heads going to be sorry they listened to Wexford at all. It should be interesting to see what Helen's relationship is going to be with the other heads now.
            I hope we do see some fallout with the other HOHs. I still have a feeling that the coup was mostly Wexford's doing since we never saw another HOH back up his claims, even though Helen was in contact with Ravi and Declan after his coup, though they were a bit preoccupied with the waves to worry about chain of command.

After watching the ep for the 2nd time, I do like the opening music, but I'm not sure how well it fits with the sequence. Maybe I'm just so used to the blend between the old music & the sequence it will need getting used to.
            I like the new music, but it feels like its pace is faster than the animation of the titles so it doesn't seem to fit as well as the old music.

Originally posted by maylet View Post
            I like how Will manage to save the situation, he had no problem with the fact that he had to die so he could talk with Kali and that was really amazing of him, the faith that he had on her was really good. I want to know who the others in the temple and what is it that he will start to remember.
            When I saw that temple Will landed in, the mountains in the background made me think of Mount Kailash. It's a sacred mountain in the Himalayas to Hindus and considered the home of Lord Shiva, who's consort is Kali (well, that's one of her names, Parvati is more commonly used). I'm interested to see if the writers are going to go more into this kind of Hindu mythology, though I kinda doubt they will beyond what they've touched on with Kali.

sigpic

Comment

OK...who the hell thought it was a good idea to put Sancturary up against SGU in the UK? Thank God for Watch+1!

1. New theme tune! That'll take a bit of getting used to.

2. Had a feeling Will wouldn't die but in that situation the question is always "how will they get out of it?" and they did that fairly smoothly.

3. What was Wexford's mutation meant to be?

4. "This is HMS I-don't-particularly-give-a-crap..."

Solid enough start.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

here's a transcript if anyone is interested.

For your use only. Please don't go posting it elsewhere without asking first
                Attached Files
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

finally got to see the kali 3 YAY!

great ep, really enjoyed the way they dealt with the aftermath of s2...

helen was great the way she handled herself and kept her cool... she should really stay away from helicopters though loved the move to take the gun off edwards guy and his response! the bazooka was classic... telling wexford to stand down brilliant!

loved the moment between helen and the big guy on the phone... and when henry found out she was still alive...

henry making sure he stalled on 'fixing' the systems, then getting the message to helen was great! and going werewolf on wexford, ha... and the 'thats gross' when wexford spat that stuff at him, lol!

really enjoyed kates part in this ep... how she used magnus' name to get the alert sirens going... her part in the evacuation efforts and saving the boy... and her utter stubborn belief that will was going to be fine and not giving up on him...

liked the moments between helen and will, and kate and will... enjoyed the whole will and kali sequence and how she stopped the waves... when he asked the guys to help and something happened before he came back i think was the virus leaving his system...

ravie and declans roles in the ep were done well...

it was good to see wexford get his just desserts and too see edward atone for his part in the matter...

loved the sanctuary symbol on the laptop!

not personally a fan of the new opening music... but cool to see that ghandi is the opening photo with magnus for s3!

cant wait to see what this means for big bertha and how will fairs after his experience...

EDIT: i dont see any issues for helen being reinstated as head of house... once she was back on the ship wexford couldnt get people to follow his orders... as to the boxes (now that ive had a chance to skim the thread) when would magus have had a chance to pack? wouldnt it more likely be boxes of research brought back from mumbai - just a thought...
                  Last edited by katjoy; 23 October 2010, 04:57 AM.
                  "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    RoX... LOL.

But I think Henry uses Mac. I remember seeing one.
                    um networks run on things like IOS (cisco's os for its routers) hopefully they have improved the security this year as the sanctuary seemed to get hacked on a regular basis.
                    ----------------------------
                    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Pretty good start to the season and conclusion to the three-parter.
                      The only thing I didn't like was the new theme music: it's too 'upbeat' compared to the 'mysterious' sound of the old one. Oh well.
                      I'd quite enjoyed Forsythe as the villain in parts 1 and 2, and he continued to amuse in part 3 Henry had some great stuff especially rigging up that transmitter to send the coordinate, and Helen was great as always. Though I could see her getting picked up by Forsythe's ship from 5 minutes away
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i think, b/c he *so* easily came out of this, like he didn't even die there for a bit... the others, the ones will kali, saved him. that's the first thing that flew into my mind when will just popped up!
                        My theory is that it was Gregory who saved Will cause I remember seeing him in the trailer (if my theory is right please don't tell me to Friday thanks)
                        Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

I thought it was AMAZING I totally loved it and then new theme music is uber pretty and now I have something to watch on a Thursday night (in Australia it's on on Thursday's) and Will without his pants *swoon* and is it just me or has Henry's sexy arms gotten bigger? and I totally loved Forsyte it this episode and I loved the "dude thats gross" scene I am SOOOOOOO glad I have new sanctuary to watch cuz other wise I might have died I totally LOVED the new ep and so can't wait to see Firewall I am actually gonna rewatch Kali Pt3 tonight after school YAY for new Sanctuary and Andrew Lockington is a frelling genius so is AM and ok course DK and Amanda looking beyond pretty I totally <3 her
                          Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

EPIC start to the new season!

Henry was epic, Helen was epic (duh). Even Forsythe was epic! Rest in peace, you amazing villain you.

In memorium:
                            "Really? Why. Why do I even hire these guys." -Forsythe

Helen: “Thank you, Charles.”
                            Forsythe: “Charles? I thought your name was Kyle.”
                            Charles: “Charles.”
                            Forsythe: “Oh.”
                            Helen: (to Forsythe) “You know, you could help instead of lounging about like a frat boy.”
                            Forsythe: “I gave you Carl, didn’t I?”

“You can’t blame me for dreaming big.” –Forsythe

Wexford: (on radio) “Helen, come in. Helen! This is your final warning.”
                            Forsythe: “Oh, shut up.”
                            Wexford: “You need to clear the target area immediately.”
                            Forsythe: (coughing, gasping) “This is the HMS I-Don’t-Give-A-Crap. If you happen to be an uptight amphibian martinet with a Napoleon Complex, please…bugger off. Otherwise, leave a message after the tone and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”

We will miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
                              EPIC start to the new season!

Henry was epic, Helen was epic (duh). Even Forsythe was epic! Rest in peace, you amazing villain you.

In memorium:
                              "Really? Why. Why do I even hire these guys." -Forsythe

Helen: “Thank you, Charles.”
                              Forsythe: “Charles? I thought your name was Kyle.”
                              Forsythe: “Oh.”
                              Helen: (to Forsythe) “You know, you could help instead of lounging about like a frat boy.”
                              Forsythe: “I gave you Carl, didn’t I?”

“You can’t blame me for dreaming big.” –Forsythe

Wexford: (on radio) “Helen, come in. Helen! This is your final warning.”
                              Forsythe: “Oh, shut up.”
                              Wexford: “You need to clear the target area immediately.”
                              Forsythe: (coughing, gasping) “This is the HMS I-Don’t-Give-A-Crap. If you happen to be an uptight amphibian martinet with a Napoleon Complex, please…bugger off. Otherwise, leave a message after the tone and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”

We will miss you.
                              LOL I loved that! Forsythe was awesome..May he R.I.P.
                              Spoiler:
                              The only thing I didnt quite care for was the new intro sequence. I mean it's the 3rd season and they already change the music? I wonder why? :O
                              Last edited by Jacquelyn; 13 November 2010, 02:37 PM.
                              sigpic
                              My tumblr

Comment

Good point about the themetune. When I heard the original theme tune I thought "Sancturary" when I hear the new themetune I think "curry house".
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X