Kali, Part 3 (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another observation.

in the first and second viewings of the ep, i noticed that the boy that was with kate just after the tidal wave hit... he was *very* convincing being super cold! watch that scene, you can see him actually shivering. i'm thinking he really was that cold.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I saw the boxes too.. i dunno if it was just Helen packing up the head of the house stuff or not... Becuase i was like.. thats her house... is he kicking her out.. i'm so confused... althoguh ti was about 3:30 in the morning and i was pretty mooshed lol
      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        that whole scene where helen disarms forsythe's guy was just hysterical! and forsythe didn't even try to do anything.
        "Why? Why do I even hire these guys?"
        AWESOME scene!
        "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
        -Brom in Eragon

Comment

i also love the sqeaky ball scene too.. Between Edward and Magnus.. To funny
          sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

what scene are you talking about? is it when will visits helen in her office at the end? i guess i didn't pay attention to the surroundings.
            Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
            I saw the boxes too.. i dunno if it was just Helen packing up the head of the house stuff or not... Becuase i was like.. thats her house... is he kicking her out.. i'm so confused... althoguh ti was about 3:30 in the morning and i was pretty mooshed lol
            That would be the scene - and yes it did look like her office so I'm wondering if she was packing up to leave to go back to London or just packing up what's hers to move on and away from the main Sanctuary....though I can't imagine why she would need to leave her Sanctuary just coz Wexford thinks he's now in control...which I'm not inclined to believe...yet. Oh the possibilities that are running through my head.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              That would be the scene - and yes it did look like her office so I'm wondering if she was packing up to leave to go back to London or just packing up what's hers to move on and away from the main Sanctuary....though I can't imagine why she would need to leave her Sanctuary just coz Wexford thinks he's now in control...which I'm not inclined to believe...yet. Oh the possibilities that are running through my head.
              Why assume packing up? They could have been there for unpacking, or referencing.

BTW Wexford wasn't in control of anything at the end of the episode
              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Why assume packing up? They could have been there for unpacking, or referencing.
                True.
                Are we sure he still wasn't in control as far as the heads of the Sanctuary network are concerned?? I know the ships crew clearly didn't listen to him and Helen was giving orders but was he officially relieved?? I didn't hear anything that said Helen had now resumed control...other than her taking it but I'm thinking more along the lines of the Sanctuary network. I suppose they still have yet to decide what to do with Bertha and deal with Helen not having killed her when she said she would all those years ago. I must have missed the part where they resolved that.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

True.
                  Are we sure he still wasn't in control as far as the heads of the Sanctuary network are concerned?? I know the ships crew clearly didn't listen to him and Helen was giving orders but was he officially relieved?? I didn't hear anything that said Helen had now resumed control...other than her taking it but I'm thinking more along the lines of the Sanctuary network. I suppose they still have yet to decide what to do with Bertha and deal with Helen not having killed her when she said she would all those years ago. I must have missed the part where they resolved that.
                  No it wasn't resolved in the episode but do you really believe anyone is going to support him when it comes to light that he abandoned the lifeboats to chase and kill Bertha? After he murdered a civilian who was in his way? After he distorted the truth in his reports?
                  -

Comment

another observation.

in the first and second viewings of the ep, i noticed that the boy that was with kate just after the tidal wave hit... he was *very* convincing being super cold! watch that scene, you can see him actually shivering. i'm thinking he really was that cold.
                    It looked like it was cold. And the floor was wet even before the wave. It was the end of March when they filmed this.

I bet the following ep will tell us more.

Comment

No it wasn't resolved in the episode but do you really believe anyone is going to support him when it comes to light that he abandoned the lifeboats to chase and kill Bertha? After he murdered a civilian who was in his way? After he distorted the truth in his reports?
                      Oh no, I agree with you but until the heads relieve him, would he still be in charge?? I'm thinking maybe Magnus has decided that if they gave up on her so quickly maybe she should just stand down...or not. But I'm only guessing when I see the boxes that she has been or is still packing up her things...guess we won't know til the next ep...hopefully.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Okay, I was sure Magnus was back as HOH.

But the more I read you guys talk about it, the more my confidence wavers. I didn't see those boxes. I have to rewatch that scene so I can have my own opinion. But now, I want them to confirm us that Magnus is back in command in the second ep. You know, just to be sure. ;P
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I agree with your comments in that it wasn't really resolved that Helen was back in charge but also keep in mind throughout the interviews and such leading up to the season and in the commentary on Kali's Pt. 1 & 2 the creative team talked about the 'unseen' power Magnus has. I firmly believe the only reason that Wexford wasable to take control, network backing or not, is because Helen was too firmly busy to deal with it. She was just in shock, everything happening at once. In my humble opinion I think she probably just 'stepped' up and said 'It's over! I'm back in charge and if you don't like it well I'm so very sorry'.

Keep in mind as well the scene that you see with the boxes, in it they are in the Old City facility when the scene before they were heading toward Mumbai. It's very likely that several days have passed at least and she did say in her little talk with will that she had been researching what was happening with the waves but had made no progress in understanding how it happened therefore it was likely research materials or who knows what for sure in those boxes.

Also keep in mind in my opinion though it is hard to tell with Helen's high sense of fashion anyway she did look a little more 'proper' than usual in her outfit by the window. Chances are she had met with the network heads or someone important that day but my feeling is that she is now back in charge but you are correct in that they never said one way or another.

But I'm an optimist and I firmly believe what I believe. LOL Right or wrong that is
                          Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                          Melissa

Comment

Damn straight.

True.
                            My main concern for this season is to see Helen get her HOH position back, and to see Wexford be put in his place, that we saw, but I really want to see Helen officially be put back as HOH.

Oh, and I'm still a little nervous about Breach.

Again, damn straight.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                              Okay, I was sure Magnus was back as HOH.

But the more I read you guys talk about it, the more my confidence wavers. I didn't see those boxes. I have to rewatch that scene so I can have my own opinion. But now, I want them to confirm us that Magnus is back in command in the second ep. You know, just to be sure. ;P
                              I think the moment Helen gives the captain the order to go back for the lifeboats and he says 'yes, ma'am' is meant to indicate that Helen is back in command of the Sanctuary network, since he refused an order from her just before Wexford said he'd taken over in part 2.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                I think the moment Helen gives the captain the order to go back for the lifeboats and he says 'yes, ma'am' is meant to indicate that Helen is back in command of the Sanctuary network, since he refused an order from her just before Wexford said he'd taken over in part 2.
                                Yes. And boy are the other household heads going to be sorry they listened to Wexford at all. It should be interesting to see what Helen's relationship is going to be with the other heads now.

After watching the ep for the 2nd time, I do like the opening music, but I'm not sure how well it fits with the sequence. Maybe I'm just so used to the blend between the old music & the sequence it will need getting used to.

Comment

Working...
                                X