This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Corridor Level 28> - <Armory>

{Corporal Tyrone (Ty) Henry Jamuljun,} - {Captain Elena Ovcharenko ~ Scorpio} - {Batou Kusanagi~Raiden}

Ty swiped his card and allowed the two officers entry, he stood smartly at attention as they passed, once they were within he closed the door quietly. "Thank you ma'am I'd be grateful. I did put in my transfer req with General Landry about a month ago, he sent me a note sayin' as soon as a permanent team place came up, it'll be mine." He led them over to the racks and started laying out standard assault gear. Flashbangs, a zat for each member, the Captain's personal side arm, a G36M for the Lieutenant then he remembered something special he was going to keep for himself. "Ah ma'am as you know all non SGC issued weapons have been returned to their country of origin. But we do have this L85 we've been trialling, I've used it myself twice with Colonel Reynolds, I think this will do you very nicely." He lifted the rifle down and handed it over. "As for my mission experience. I'm New Zealand SAS ma'am, three tours of Afghanistan, sniper and scout. Military Medal and the US Navy and Marine Medal ma'am. Eight missions here at the SGC with various teams. The last was with SG3 on that Lucian encampment on PR6-448." He stood back and waited for her appraisal.

Comment

Intro for Washington

Setting: The Pentagon - IOA Briefing Room

Marine Captain Brian Wake led the two recent arrivals down the corridor, heading towards teh deepest darkest areas known to mankind. Oddly enough, Brian though it was rather pleasant down there since they'd furnished the conference room with an ambient noise generator and sun styled lights. It was supposed to be to combat isolation sickness for those poor souls - like him - who worked down her for long hours and never saw the sun, but it just showed how much money the IOA was wasting - sorry, using.

He knew General O'Neill and Doctor Jackson behind him were going to find it the same. They were legends in their own lifetime and even just being their guide into the deepest bowels of the IOA's dungeons was an honor. "Right through this door, sirs."

He used his keycard and then placed his palm against the biometric reader on the wall. It quickly recognized him and the several latches of the door opened revealing the light of an afternoon coming through. Brian saluted and gave a respectful bow of his head. "The IOA nation delagates are waiting for you inside, sir."

... *Continue playing!*
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

*correction for earlier post*
        <SGC> <Briefing Room> <Daniel's Lab>

Jack remebered there was one last thing he had to do. He headed at a trot down the stairs and up the level 27 corridor, he turned the corner and came to his old friends hideaway, he poked his head in the door, Jack took no notice of those he saw leaving. "Danny boy, get your suit on. The Oddysey is picking you up in ten minutes, we'll meet up in Washington in a couple of hours or so."

*advance timeline for the SGC thread* *now reads 1000 hours the next day, from the start of the thread*

<The Pentagon - IOA Briefing Room>

{Lt. General Jack O'Neill}

Jack had been going over and over in his mind just how he would deal with these people. Daniel told him on the way in to just go straight for the jugular and get it over with simply. He liked that, simple, his won credo. He thanked the Captain and with Daniel close behind he found his seat near Strom, who sat at the head of the large table. As he pulled his chair out and sat, he noticed the door close. "Right locked in here with this lot." He thought.

Taking in a quick inventory of who was there, he was peasantly surprised to see some governments had sent military representatives rather than civilian. The Russians who were already on the program with General Sushenko, the British had sent General Salmon who he knew from the Royal Marines and at the far end of the table sat a very familar face, Rear Admiral William MacGregor of the Australian Navy. Well at least he had the company of freinds.

He greeted those he knew from the IOA and acknowledged the newcomers and then pulled out his notes. "Ladies and gentlemen." He began formally, which was way out of his normal manner and he felt uncomfortable, he knew he was going to stuff up, so he took the easy road. "I'd like you all to meet Doctor Daniel Jackson, he's gonna tell you just how small our little corner of the Galaxy is...Daniel"

"Now we'll see the crap hit the fan." That thought passed through his mind as if someone else had said it, he looked over at Will MacGregor and remebered a joint op in the Philippines many years ago, he nodded at him and received a similar reaction in return.

He sat back down, and watched the weird, strange and puzzled looks on all the faces. Daniel's own face wasn't that pleaasant either, Jack had just delivered him to the lions.
        Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 08 August 2010, 07:52 PM.
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
          <SGC> - <Briefing Room>

{Colonel Al Reynolds} - {Major General Hank Landry-NPC}

Reynolds waited until the others had gone and approached the General just as he headed for his office. "Ah General Landry, you did say SG3 was required for the Hammond's mission didn't you, Cam Mitchell briefed me on a co-operative team effort this morning as well."

Hank stopped by his door and looked at Reynolds. "Yes Colonel, gear your team up and be ready for beaming in the gate room in fifteen minutes, Colonel Mitchell will have your orders when you get on board the Hammond."

"Sir, thank you." Al then headed for accommodation to round up his team.
          <Level 23 Team Accomodations>

{Colonel Al Reynolds}

Once everything was set, Reynolds clicked his coms, he nodded to his 2ic Beck and said. "Sam we'ere ready, beam away when ever you like." The hum of the Asgard beam whisked them away and only a faint smell of ozone was left where they stood.

Comment

<SGC><Daniel's Lab>
            "Hey Jack it is nice to see you again, I hope the meeting went well without me" Daniel replied to Jack. "See you tomorrow then." Daniel watched as his friend walked out of the lab and down the hallway. Daniel gathered the papers on his desk and put them into his briefcase. Daniel's briefcase still had new briefcase smell and the leather looked unblemished. Wait, a moment Jack if the meeting is tomorrow why then do I have to put my suit on now." Daniel grabbed his suit and briefcase then made his way beam out point on the base.

<Odyssey>
            Once aboard the Odyssey, Daniel was greeted by one of the crew members and was shown his temporary room. The crew member was about to tell Daniel about ship's facilities but Daniel reminded the young man that he has been on the Odyssey before and man left. Just being on broad the Odyssey gave Daniel some odd feelings of despair, love, where just a few of feelings that appeared. Daniel decided to take a quick nap so he could get up and continue getting ready for the meeting in the morning.

After his nap Daniel grabbed a cup of coffee and contiuned doing his reading. It had been a few hours but to Daniel it felt like it was only a couple of minutes when the bridge called to tell him he had 30 minutes till beam down to the Pentagon. Daniel rushed to grab his stuff and threw on his suit.

Once inside the briefing room Daniel knew it was "game on."
            "Thank you, Brigadier General Jack O'Neill," to Daniel he was just Jack but in the world of formality Brigadier General Jack O'Neill was better. "As you know only a few Goa'uld are still in existence but their power and control is very limited very a small threat to Earth. The Ori have been defeated but we still have a lot of enemies out there. The replicators still exist in the Pegasus Galaxy and it appears that current biggest threat is the Lucian Alliance. The Lucian Alliance was once just a small group of smugglers and thieves but now they have replaced the vacuum of power left by the Goa'uld. The Alliance runs itself much like the mafia once did, with death threats and extortion for example. Our freed Jaffa colleagues are running a strong but easily fractured government which the Alliance sees as a threat to how they do business. The Alliance's main source of income comes from the sale of Kassa, which is addictive corn like vegetable. I and some of my colleagues are working if it is possible to mutate corn turn it into Kassa. There have been early waring signs that the Lucian Alliance is trying to ingrate it's self into our world for the past few years but know we have found a evidence that they have made it to Earth. On Sg-1s' last mission a Dell Server piece was found at a Lucian Alliance base.
            -------------
            "I'll be in my bunk," Jayne Cobb
            "Indeed,"

Aftermath RP

SG1, Resurgence RP Daniel Jackson

Comment

{Rear Admiral William MacGregor}- {Doctor Daniel Jackson}

Will cleared his seat and stood. He faced directly in a line to Jack O'Neill, nodded the acknowledgement then turned slightly to face Doctor Jackson."Excuse me for being blunt Doctor Jackson. But even though we have a a folder in front of us a mile thick, I think a little background might help. I have been through the SGC and recently finished my training at the Gamma site, but the majority of these good people have not. I think it might be an idea to start at the begining....briefly. I know from my point of view during my meetings with Generals O'Neill and Landry and Mr Strom, I kinda lost it around some fellow named Sokar. So if you would be so kind.." He sat firmly down again and laid his arms on the table.

Jack grinned in Will's direction and then frowned ever so slightly at Daniel. "Oh yeah, the crap is gonna hit right about..now." He asid to himself.
              Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 09 August 2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

<SGC>

<Armoury>

{Corporal Tyrone (Ty) Henry Jamuljun,} - {Captain Elena Ovcharenko ~ Scorpio} - {Batou Kusanagi~Raiden}

"So any idea what the mission is Cap?" Batou inquired. "I need to know what of my tech gear I'm gonna need to bring along."
                sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                  Spoiler:

<SGC>

<Corridor leading to the Armoury>

"Sorry about jumping the gun there Cap but I've talked with Coporal Jamujun before and I've been meaning to come ask you to request that he joins SG4."Batou stated appologetically. Lowering his voice so only Elena can hear him, "However I do think that something needs tbe done about the rank situation of his, he has been an acting Sergeant for some time now and I think he deserves a promotion if he's approved to join SG4."
                  <SGC>

<Corridor leading to the Armoury>

{Captain Elena Ovcharenko ~ Scorpio}

"It's OK, Lieutenant, just don't make thinking for me a habit and there won't ever be a problem." Now she was also whispering to him while they three were approaching their destination, Tyrone few steps ahead. "It all sounds like you two are conspiring on me." The woman chukled quietly, but immediately restored a serious face. "And thank you for that rank notifying, Batou, I'll keep it in mind."

By now they reached armoury and the Corporal seemed to finally form his answer to her questions.

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
                  Spoiler:

<Corridor Level 28> - <Armory>

Ty swiped his card and allowed the two officers entry, he stood smartly at attention as they passed, once they were within he closed the door quietly. "Thank you ma'am I'd be grateful. I did put in my transfer req with General Landry about a month ago, he sent me a note sayin' as soon as a permanent team place came up, it'll be mine." He led them over to the racks and started laying out standard assault gear. Flashbangs, a zat for each member, the Captain's personal side arm, a G36M for the Lieutenant then he remembered something special he was going to keep for himself. "Ah ma'am as you know all non SGC issued weapons have been returned to their country of origin. But we do have this L85 we've been trialling, I've used it myself twice with Colonel Reynolds, I think this will do you very nicely." He lifted the rifle down and handed it over. "As for my mission experience. I'm New Zealand SAS ma'am, three tours of Afghanistan, sniper and scout. Military Medal and the US Navy and Marine Medal ma'am. Eight missions here at the SGC with various teams. The last was with SG3 on that Lucian encampment on PR6-448." He stood back and waited for her appraisal.
                  <Armoury>

Elena watched Jamuljin laying out the gear, then accepted the rifle, marking in her memory what he was saying. She examined it, inserted a magazine and cocked it. Then she aimed it at a spot on the wall and mumbled. "British L85A2 gas-operated, rotating bolt assault rifle in a bullpup layout... Weight 4.98 kgs loaded and with telescopic SUSAT sight, also has aperture iron sights... Length 785 mms, barrel length 518 mms, standard NATO 5.56x45 mm cartridge, 30 rounds, 775 rounds per minute, muzzle velocity 940 meters per second, effective range 650 meters... Can have a laser light module attached, as well as a 40 mm under-barrel grenade launcher..." She finally lowered it down after digging out of her memory all about the rifle what she was able to, unloaded the weapon and turned to the awaiting Corporal. "Well, I trust you to chose my weapons since there're no Russian ones now, so I'll take it, thank you, though if I'll ever met the guy who inveted the bullpup I'll cook his brains with peas since they're not useful for anything else." Lena smiled and put the rifle on the table with the rest of her gear, cocked it again there to make the cartridge eject, caught it and shoved it back into the magazine. "Now about you, Corporal. I like what I hear, but I still think that we'll do like my first CO did to me after my graduation from the Aviation School. What does it mean is that you can tag along with SG-4 on this mission, and if I'll like what I see during it as well as I like what I hear now, then you're in after it ends. Grab your gear, soldier!"

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                  Spoiler:

<SGC>

<Armoury>

"So any idea what the mission is Cap?" Batou inquired. "I need to know what of my tech gear I'm gonna need to bring along."
                  Scorpio leant against the table and folded her hands on her chest, watching Raiden sorting out his equipment.

"To be honest, I've only vague imagination. All I can tell now is that it's something about getting into a LA secret hideout somewhere. If we'll manage to catch Cate after the briefing, she would probably shed some more light on it."
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Jack looked up at Daniel and had to wonder if the trip on the Oddysey had done something to him. He loved him like a brother but sometimes he knew the man had a lot on his mind, especially lately. He cleared his throat and stood. "I think what the Admiral would like ust to tell these folk is how we came to be where we are now." Jack had to rely on his memories of the last decade and a half, but it was all there, well most of it.

"It all started back in 1928, when a Alien device was found in Giza, Egypt....." He went on for almost three hours, probably the most Jack had ever said in his life. Surprisingly not one voice was heard until he finished. He could feel those eyes looking at him with disbelief. A little sweat poured from his brow and finally he sat. Then the uproar occured, with sixty something voices all wanting to be heard at the same time.

*Anyone feel free to drop an NPC in here and ask some snarly questions please.*
                    Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 09 August 2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

<SGC> <Armory>

{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

Cate had wound her way down to the armory, she held back her anger at Drake having to be re-deployed, but there was nothing she could do about it now. She turned into the door of the Armory and found her firend. "Elena, game on girl. Come on we're out of here as of ten minutes ago. Oddysey is our taxi today." She beamed that toothy smile. "Raiden, grab my DE's please and lets go."

((DE's= Desert Eagle automatic .357 magnum pistols))

Comment

<Pentagon-IOA Meeting>
                        {Daniel Jackson}
                        "Excused me, esteemed members of the IOA General O'Neill has barley scratched the surface on the history of the Stargate program. Not long after the Asgard Thor had introduced us to the Replicators...." Another two hours had gone by that Daniel and O'Neil giving the IOA members another couple of years Stargate program.

Some of the members where starting to get restless and stomachs were being heard throughout the room."Thank you Dr. Jackson and General O'Neill but as it has been five hours since we have started, I recommend for our and your sake that we take a 45 min. lunch break," said the British Representative.

"I think that would be a could idea, what about you General O'Neill?" Daniel as asked O'Neil trying to tell him by sight that a break is needed.
                        -------------
                        "Indeed,"

Aftermath RP

Comment

<Pentagon-IOA Meeting>

{Lt. General Jack O'Neill} {Carl Strom}

"I think that would be a superb idea, and as Doctor Jackson and General O'Neill have kindly brought as all up to date, we should thank them for their informative presentation" Strom said.

"Informative, this is prepostrous and I will lodge a protest with my Embassy to that effect." The German representative said bluntly. "We have seemingly avoided world destruction by the skin of our teeth, several times if all this is to believed and now we find out, fifteen years after the United States initiated this Stargate Programme?" He was literally fuming now.

"Hear, hear" The South African delegate added, which started a further uproar.

"Ah Daniel I think you may want to bring a little calm here." Jack said with his hands akimbo.

((*edit* Apollo you may want to change your dialogue colour for Daniel,as we usually only use red for NPC's))
                          Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 09 August 2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

<Pentagon-IOA Meeting>

{Daniel Jackson}

"I will admit that we have been lucky. When the US Air Force first started the program we where not sure what it would lead too. When we destroyed Ra not only where we protecting the Abydonians but also our planet. We could have buried out Stargate but after we killed Ra, Apophis would have shown up to our planet no matter what. With the luck of Stargate we have made many allies that have helped us helped including the Asgard and the freed Jaffa. I mean no offense but I think if a civilian organization was running the program at the time we would have not made as many military based allies such as Teal'c, Bra'tc, and the Tokra. As Mr. Welles suggested we should take a break right now, we all need sometime to let this all soak in."
                            -------------
                            "Indeed,"

Aftermath RP

Comment

<Pentagon-IOA Meeting>

{Rear Admiral William MacGregor}- {Doctor Daniel Jackson} - {Lt. General Jack O'Neill}

As the group began filing out amidst mumblings and silent protests, Will caught both Daniel and Jack before they were near the door. "Hey nice job both of you. Doctor Jackson, I'm Will MacGregor, and don't listen to anything this old coot will tell you about me, I don't bite." He smiled and offered his hand. "My daughter Cate has told me a lot about you, she's quite a fan apparently."

"Old coot ya say Will. Oh you still owe me fifty bucks."

"Las Vegas, nineteen eighty seven" Will lauaghed aloud. "Jack you lost the bet remember, Anne did drink you down without a sweat if I remember rightly."

"Hmm yeah well, it was worth a try anyway. Good to finally see you here Will."

Comment

<Pentagon-IOA Meeting>
                                "Thank goodness they are actually taking a break, both Jack and I need to gather our wits and our voices for the 2nd round," Daniel said to himself as he gathered his various props and the thumb drive from the projector.

"Nice to finally meet, Admiral William MacGregor I have read plenty about your work. It also nice to meet the father of Lt. Cate Hayden. She has left quite an impression at the SGC," he had replied to the Admiral. Daniel could not hide the smile on his face when he heard that Jack was beat in a drinking game. "Let me guess the two of you are headed up to the Officer's club?"
                                -------------
                                "Indeed,"

Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X