• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Gateworld Chat?

Okay credit for setting up goes to Elorendil

link to the chat...

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
    Gateworld Chat!. Just enter the nickname that you want to use, then put #GateWorld in "Channel" field and click "connect."

If you want to register your nick, here is the command to do so:
    Type /MSG NICKSERV REGISTER desiredpassword emailaddress

If you register your nickname, you will be able to remove it from the server when it is a ghost. You may also remove it from the server if someone is maliciously pretending to be you. This password-protected nickname will last only one minute [on standard settings] after NickServ asks you to identify. Basically, it keeps people from pretending to be you.
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 06 July 2010, 12:15 PM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I think this would be a lot of fun! We could always use an IRC chat - those are pretty easy to set up. I'd be willing to help get one going.
    Signature by Glitch33.
    sigpic
    Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

You could just create an Off-Topic thread Titled "Ongoing Open Chat" or something like that.
      sigpic

Comment

Ya we could actually, though then thats just like any other thread, Id prefer to do something via a chat platform like skype or something, just more instant...

Comment

I believe that Skype based chats tend to be hard on slower internet connections. If such a chat gets started, this might be a good thing to look into so members with slower internet can still access it.
          Signature by Glitch33.
          sigpic
          Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

An IRC would be pretty wick'd...
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Yahoo messenger have a group chat room type service too... Ive never used that though so Im a bit sketchy on the details

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                You could just create an Off-Topic thread Titled "Ongoing Open Chat" or something like that.
                Things get lost too easily in an open thread. I hate having to PM everyone and than wait 120 stupid seconds between each.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                  Things get lost too easily in an open thread. I hate having to PM everyone and than wait 120 stupid seconds between each.
                  Actually Pm's here are down to 60 sec.
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay so anyone know where we could easily and freely set up a chat room/group type thing???

Comment

I can set one up if you guys want me to. It is free and easy to access.

Edit: Here we go, went ahead and started one. If anyone else has a better suggestion for where to start one, I will just close this one.

Gateworld Chat!. Just enter the nickname that you want to use, then put #GateWorld in "Channel" field and click "connect."

If you want to register your nick, here is the command to do so:
                      Type /MSG NICKSERV REGISTER desiredpassword emailaddress

If you register your nickname, you will be able to remove it from the server when it is a ghost. You may also remove it from the server if someone is maliciously pretending to be you. This password-protected nickname will last only one minute [on standard settings] after NickServ asks you to identify. Basically, it keeps people from pretending to be you.
                      Last edited by Elorendil; 06 July 2010, 12:04 PM.
                      Signature by Glitch33.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well done

I want some credit for the idea though

Well if it gets popular the mods may go about setting up a more official one perhaps on gateworld itself

Comment

I just wonder how you people survived back in the day when all we had was PMs
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, credit goes to you and I will set you up as an Op if you come over. Thanks for coming up with the idea! This could be a lot of fun.
                            Signature by Glitch33.
                            sigpic

Comment

vB has a chatbox option.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X