Klorel/Skaara Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klorel/Skaara Discussion

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I wanted a place to talk about the characters by themselves.

For me, Skaara and Klorel are almost sort of opposite, but they are similar in some ways as well. They were both young and both the sons of leaders for a start and that doesn't include the whole body thing...

Skaara was awesome. He was strong willed, smart, had courage and a certain amount of confidence. I loved his curiousity and rebelliousness. He was also trying to look after people including trying to warn the Sg team (in the movie) when the gliders were attacking and he stood in the way to protect the Abydonians when Jack and his team were worried when the gate was shut.

Spoiler:
    In the episode Children of the gods, my favourite part is where hesitates to bow, but does so because of Jack.

Klorel is another story. He is mean, obviously.
    Spoiler:
    He tried to kill Daniel and Skaara mentions in Pretense that he had seen lots of other worse things that.
    I like the confidence he held for the most part. It was clear that he wanted to make his father proud and that's the times I kinda felt sorry for the gou'ald. He showed compassion (I blame Skaara) which ended up being his downfall at the end of Serpents grasp/lair. It also seemed that at the time that Klorel would rather have gone with them than have to face his father. Then in Pretense he showed loyalty to his father, by telling them that they would pay for what they did.

Spoiler:
    when they took him back to Apophis's ship.

What are your thoughts on these characters? I would love to hear it.
    Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 02 August 2010, 06:01 AM.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

In Defence of Skaara.

I like how Skaara was in this episode. The Skaara character had a natural progression through the series. It's sometimes hard to remember in the movie that he was referred to as a kid, which I took to mean that he was young. He was in most ways innocent and took to Jack kind of like a mentor. You see him curious, smart and with a heart for the people. Then he learns in a fast lesson how things can turn and he stands strong and deals with everything as if comes his way.

He had time to bond with Daniel and obviously had a stronger one with Jack when SG1 returned for the Pilot episode. Skaara shows the relationship he has with Daniel by the way he informs him about the sandstorm, showing that Daniel is in charge and that he is still a little nieve about things. They make the connection to the movie for us by introducing the lighter, so even if we haven't seen the movie we can see that Jack and Skaara have some kind of bond. Then Skaara and Sha're get taken, which clearly effects Jack and Daniel.

In the prison Skaara is acting like a big brother, even though in the movie he seemed to be the younger one. I figure that with what he went through on Abydos that he matured a bit. Clearly he is upset about the fact that he couldn't stop them from taking Sha're.

When SG1 arrive he seems to be hopefult that they can save Sha're because he has a huge confidence in Jack, but why wouldn't he - Jack defeated a god, after all. Anyway Jack is the one in charge again, so it makes sense to me that Skaara would follow him, just like the others were. I love how he doesn't want to bow, it shows us that he still has that strength that made him so lovable. Then he is taken again.

Next time we see 'Skaara', Klorel had just got him zatted and he was in pain, so he should've been a little bit whiney. His conscience was brought out and he asked them to forgive him for what Klorel was about to make him do, which attests to Skaara feeling like there was nothing he could do to stop it. In Defence of Skaara.

Klorel takes over again and Skaara is silenced again. Unless you count the part where Klorel is deciding whether or not to stop them removing the symbiote from Teal'c. Jack appeals to Skaara to help and Klorel starts to look at Jack differently. I like to think that Skaara is 'inner monolouging' to Klorel, which is why Klorel seems to show compassion, but this is not any kind of cannon fact, just a Skaara fan, hoping that she is seeing Skaara's strength coming through.

Skaara makes another small appearance to 'let Jack say goodbye' and is once again subdued by physical problems. We are left to think that we have seen the last of him at the end of this ep.

I love the entrance in Pretense where he looks up and even though it looks like Klorel, Skaara's voice comes out as he takes what control he can and asks for help.

Next time we see him, we are given the impression that it should be Skaara, but this time when he turns around Klorel threatens them, making us wonder what is going on. Then he turns around and we see a new, strange device and learn what it does as Skaara switches seemingly at will. I have always wondered whether Skaara is stronger in this aspect as he is in control for most of the episode (Well that we see), but maybe it's just Klorel holding back for strategic reasons...

Anyway Skaara seems to be a little worried that they can't see him anymore and only see Klorel, this is, however only implied by his asking if they are happy to see him. After being away from anyone he knows or cares for, and the teams uncertainty about what was going on and who they were talking to makes his insecurity justified for me.

He shows that he is still strong willed and smart by telling them that he listened and learnt while he was in the background. He is calling Klorel a 'demon', not a god, which I like, it shows that some lessons can not be forgotten. I've always wondered how Klorel felt about that...

My opinion of the trial part of this episode is that Skaara feels frustrated about having to defend his actions, to gain back what was his or him. Skaara shows some of his innocence again as Zapacna tricked him and made him annoyed, shown clearly by the look on his face. He lets us know that he has been through many bad things and situations because of his hosting and we hear that he could see them.

In the end we see the trial end and Skaara is awarded his own body back, which he is obviously very happy about (and not so hard to act... )

Then we see him dressed in Tolan attire, but he still looks very happy and kind of heroic.

Last episode we see him in is Full Circle. He seems to have recovered nicely, although he seems a little more reserved. We learn that he is betrothed. I was disaapointed though that they made him get shot and subsequently die before that could happen. He was ascended and that was kinda better, but didn't make me feel any better about what had happened, but I had hope that if Daniel could come back from that, then maybe Skaara could to.

So those are my thoughts on that. I see Skaara as a character with a nice natural progression.
    Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 02 April 2012, 12:48 AM. Reason: Removed some of the duplicates.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Throughout the show, Skaara seemed happy to see Jack, but I liked how he almost always acknowledged Daniel first.

Comment

I re-watched the movie and realised that either Skaara is insanely intelligent or he knows more than he let on... After they took Re on, Skaara was drawing on the wall... Writing was outlawed, yet he knew how... Did Daniel teach him how to draw? Just a thought...

Comment

lol. I found this thread looking for pictures of Klorel/Skaara and I wish I could've joined in sooner. I wish they had used Skaara/Klorel more because I thought both of them were interesting characters. I did notice something, I wonder if one of the reasons that he was chosen was because of how strong willed and resistant he seemed as opposed to Daniel who seemed lost and was willing to give himself as a host because of what happened to Sha're. It also looked like somehow Teal'c knew ahead of time that Skaara would be chosen. It does sort of add to the theory. I did notice that the Ga'ould for the most part seemed to like taking hosts that were stronger or resistant. I wonder what happened to Klorel after "Pretense."

Comment

Originally posted by Reseph(Shed) View Post
            lol. I found this thread looking for pictures of Klorel/Skaara and I wish I could've joined in sooner. I wish they had used Skaara/Klorel more because I thought both of them were interesting characters. I did notice something, I wonder if one of the reasons that he was chosen was because of how strong willed and resistant he seemed as opposed to Daniel who seemed lost and was willing to give himself as a host because of what happened to Sha're. It also looked like somehow Teal'c knew ahead of time that Skaara would be chosen. It does sort of add to the theory. I did notice that the Ga'ould for the most part seemed to like taking hosts that were stronger or resistant. I wonder what happened to Klorel after "Pretense."
            I agree, they are interesting and had a lot more to give in the story. I think it's a shame that they didn't explore that further. The symbiote and host relationship could have been explained a lot more through the interaction of these two.

Teal'c was there when Skaara was taken from Abydos, so maybe he had a feeling. I'll have to rewatch the ep to see.

I really admire Skaara's strength throughout the movie and the series. Even after all he went through as a host, he still seemed to have the will to fight near the end of Pretence.

In one of the threads there was a discussion about how Klorel could be brought back into the story, but without Alexis Cruz, who played Skaara/Klorel, I don't think it would have been the same anyway. It is interesting to wonder about it though.

Comment

Have you read through the threads on the episodes that Klorel/Skaara are in? There's some interesting ideas in them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                Teal'c was there when Skaara was taken from Abydos, so maybe he had a feeling. I'll have to rewatch the ep to see.
                I was referring to Teal'c's reaction right before that Ga'ould picked Skaara. They made it seem like he knew what was going to happen a second before it happened. Teal'c sort of made a "no" movement with his head that Jack seemed to notice.

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                In one of the threads there was a discussion about how Klorel could be brought back into the story, but without Alexis Cruz, who played Skaara/Klorel, I don't think it would have been the same anyway. It is interesting to wonder about it though.
                You're right, it wouldn't have been the same, but it still would have been interesting because from the way most Ga'ould seemed to act throughout the series I'm surprised that he didn't make more of an effort to avenge his father or win glory by trying to conquer or harm the Tauri somehow. Maybe he was too inexperienced or maybe it was because he was Apophis's son and he wasn't able to build up much of a force after what happened. I would have liked to see him try and succeed however because regardless of who played him I think he could have made a good villian. I haven't had time to look through all of the threads yet so I haven't seen any other ideas but I'm about to give them a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Reseph(Shed) View Post
                  I was referring to Teal'c's reaction right before that Ga'ould picked Skaara. They made it seem like he knew what was going to happen a second before it happened. Teal'c sort of made a "no" movement with his head that Jack seemed to notice.

You're right, it wouldn't have been the same, but it still would have been interesting because from the way most Ga'ould seemed to act throughout the series I'm surprised that he didn't make more of an effort to avenge his father or win glory by trying to conquer or harm the Tauri somehow. Maybe he was too inexperienced or maybe it was because he was Apophis's son and he wasn't able to build up much of a force after what happened. I would have liked to see him try and succeed however because regardless of who played him I think he could have made a good villian. I haven't had time to look through all of the threads yet so I haven't seen any other ideas but I'm about to give them a look.
                  I always thought that Teal'c shaking his head was to show that he disapproved of the choosing process as a whole and the fact that Daniel asked about the host...

I like the idea of Klorel having a new host and coming back, but at the same time I want Skaara back, but it would be a stretch to get them back together. Klorel would have to have found a new host if he ever came back into it... klorel was young, and he seemed to have more compassion than other Goa'uld. I don't know whether that would have stopped him though. His reaction to Bra'tak when he betrayed him was strong, so I think I would imagine him amassing a force, even if we never get to see it... On the other hand though, SG1 was getting the message around the galaxy that the Goa'uld were not Gods, so he may have had trouble finding people who still believe...

Comment

Working...
                  X