TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young ship/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rien View Post
    Feel free to steal that idea and do with it what you will as i said my attempts at writing fanfic are always silliness in a jar (i think the proper term is meant to be crack fic but i like the term silliness in a jar better )
    Okay, it's on my list of plot bunnies. I actually thought about making it a Halloween type story but I'm working on a Big Bang story right now that's due like -- Wed, so I had to hold off. I'll let you know when I have it finished. I'm going to be really bad. In a good way, of course.

(edit)... at least i have fanfic to tide me over thanks for the fanfic suggestions by the way i will definetely check them out at some point. I am a little distracted lately cause i am applying to do a teacher training cource and have to somehow write a personal statement that will make me sound like a good person to teach children rather than the complete nutcase i am in reality
    Don'tcha just hate those kinds of personal statements. Ugh, I do to. For me, it's not to take a course but to find a job. I was laid off last March. I've never been good a selling myself on resumes and in interviews. I hate "blowing my own horn" as it were. Just give me a job and I'll prove to you how good I am.

So I stay sane by writing SGU fan fic.

Comment

Yaay thanks to santa i now have complete seasons 1 & 2 on dvd and can begin rewatching all the Young/TJ moments :-)
      Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Yaay thanks to santa i now have complete seasons 1 & 2 on dvd and can begin rewatching all the Young/TJ moments :-)
        It's fun isn't it. Now you can watch anytime you feel like it rather than waiting for re-runs and wading through commercials.

And if you're interested in reading an intense TJ/Young fan fic, check out "Welcome to Cloverdale" by my friend Shena on Live Journal.

Go here to link to story: http://shena8.livejournal.com/74823.html

Rating: NC-17, explicit adult subject matter
        Word Count: 63,320
        Characters: Tamara Johansen/ Everett Young, the Destiny crew (Cloverdale AU versions)
        Warnings: explicit adult subject matter, bondage, kink, mention of non-con

Summary: "Every journey is a series of discoveries about who you have been, who you are now and who you want to be in the future."

When paramedic Tamara Johansen answers a call about a young groom who passed out at the tailor's before his wedding she has no idea she will meet her soulmate later that day. But the man of her dreams comes with more emotional baggage than she can imagine, and when a debilitating injury nearly kills him she finds herself at a crossroads in her own life as well. The journey will be long and difficult as the road to recovery is fraught with peril. And in order to help him with his travels she will go places she's never dared to go before.

Author’s Notes: written for the journeystory Big!Bang. In the Stargate Universe episode "Cloverdale" (SGU 2-05) Matthew Scott is infected by an alien organism. He hallucinates a different life where his commanding officer Everett Young is his father and First Lieutenant Tamara Johansen is a paramedic who revives him after a fainting spell on his wedding day. The story picks up in the Alternate Universe in Cloverdale immediately after the end of the episode.
        Last edited by kimmyg; 27 December 2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Wow his thread has been pretty dead since i left to dp my rewatch. Unfprtunately work and real life keep getting in the way that and the DS9 watch i was already half way through

But in better news i afinally have the time to start my rewatch this week and post my thoughts and opinions on Tj & Young here even if nobody ever reads it and i end up taling to myself...though that woud be embarasing if i ended up talking to myself for an entire thread

Comment

So far im up to episode 7 on my rewatch, the one where they fail to dial earth from inside a star, and i love how TJ always seems to know who it is every time that Young and Telford switch bodies. That and Youngs brief daydream about kissing TJ

I must admitt i didnt pay much attention to the scenes between Young and his wife the first time i watched SGU but i have been this time round. Given their argument about him taking the job at Icarus base and how they werent on speaking terms til he came back to tell her goodbye in Telfords body i find it perfectly reasonable to assume that they were seperated when he and TJ hooked up. And whilst there is clearly still a lot of unresolved emotions between Young and Emily that he was fantasising about a reunion with TJ before he 'reunited' with his wife makes me think that maybe he was on the rebound from his relationship with TJ...

i dunno maybe thats just a crazy theory built on wishful thinking but so far i get the 'fell for a younger woman it ended badly now i run back to the familiarity of my old spouse' vibe from the way his relationship with Emily is being portrayed. I mean their thousands of light years apart and he isnt even in his own body and they were having marital difficulties and not on speaking terms before the whole stranded on Destiny thing so even if they did still care for each other theres no way the relationship could work.
            Sharon and Wray works in spite of the afore mentioned problems because they have such a close trusting affectionate relationship and even then it begins to come under starin as the series progresses. Young and Emilys marriage is nothing like that so it seems like any chance of them rebuilding their marriage is doomed from the get go and though its Young doing all of the chasing quite earnestly i think deep down he realises it wont work...

and now i feel sorry for Young for chasing after the wrong woman when the right one was clearly right in front of him did i mention i love how TJ spends most of the early episodes hovering over Young as he limps along their so cute together

Comment

I've only been on this forum a few times now (and this is actually my first post), but I really do enjoy reading all your posts about TJ/Young, rien!! To me, everything you've said so far is spot on and it's how I feel about these two as well. It's too bad we never got to see them develop more, especially considering the change of heart Young had in the last few episode of the show..

Comment

Originally posted by YceQueen View Post
                I've only been on this forum a few times now (and this is actually my first post), but I really do enjoy reading all your posts about TJ/Young, rien!! To me, everything you've said so far is spot on and it's how I feel about these two as well. It's too bad we never got to see them develop more, especially considering the change of heart Young had in the last few episode of the show..
                Welcome to the forum I hope that you enjoy it here

And thanks for saying that you enjoy reading/agree with my posts its very nice of you. I definitely agree that its a shame we never got to see them develop and grow as a couple. Joe Mallozzi did say on his blog that if the series had continued they would have kept the love triangle unresolved and left it for the viewers to decide but given Youngs change of heart i'm certain the dynamic between those characters would have shifted in favor of Young /TJ with Varro being slowly pushed into the waiting arms of Vanessa

...wait thats not right? it makes Vanessa sound like second best or that she only gets second best when shes awesome and totally deserves the best. Okay Varro is second place compared to Young but he would be perfect for Vanessa once hes given up on TJ/realised he was only feeling sisterly affection then he should fall head over heals for the awesome Vanessa. That works

It always seemed to me like Young wasnt the only one who had a change of heart over the last couple of episodes. Varro seemed to take a smaller role with regard to TJ, she started to push him away and he seemed a little confused by that but didnt fight it. Instead he seemed to start noticing Vanessa. Maybe that was just because at that point they were all aware of how things turned out for their alternate counterparts on Novus and they were looking at each other through the lens of 'Hey thats the person that i married and had children with? I hadnt really noticed them before now but now that i do they dont look so bad' but there definitely seemed to be an element of mutual attraction/chemistry between them that imho had been missing from his interations with TJ.

Its probably just yet more wishful thinking on my part, after all Varro hooking up with Vanessa means there would be nothing to prevent Young and TJ from rekindling their romance

Comment

^^ Agreed. Both characters really seemed to look at each other in a different light again, after keeping their distance for some time. Especially after Epilogue, the bit where they're back in the shuttle, leaving Novus, you can see TJ and Young just share this one, quick glance and it's like that sorta reinforced their bond, and their feelings for each other. He had put aside everything to come down to the planet to help and comfort her, and I think she took it as a sign that things weren't completely over yet, and so did he. I love it, really. He began to take a stand once he realized Varro liked her. Stepping up, showing he's not over TJ yet.

I recently rewatched Universe, and it's amazing how many new things you notice, things you didn't see the first time around. All these little moments between TJ and Young, what they really mean...
                  Obviously they would've kept the triangle unresolved, had the show continued, but I do believe that in the end, they would've ended up together.
                  And I'll just take my comfort in knowing that Louis Ferreira really seems to like them as well

Comment

[QUOTE=rien;13364332]
                    So far im up to episode 7 on my rewatch, the one where they fail to dial earth from inside a star, and i love how TJ always seems to know who it is every time that Young and Telford switch bodies. That and Youngs brief daydream about kissing TJ
                    Yeah, she is very quick to pick up on that. It's amazing how ody language can really betray how and what you are thinking/feeling. And she doesn't back down to Telford either. And very rarely did we see her back down from Young either. If TJ beleives in something she's backing up her thoughts/actions wholeheartedly.

I must admitt i didnt pay much attention to the scenes between Young and his wife the first time i watched SGU but i have been this time round. Given their argument about him taking the job at Icarus base and how they werent on speaking terms til he came back to tell her goodbye in Telfords body i find it perfectly reasonable to assume that they were seperated when he and TJ hooked up. And whilst there is clearly still a lot of unresolved emotions between Young and Emily that he was fantasising about a reunion with TJ before he 'reunited' with his wife makes me think that maybe he was on the rebound from his relationship with TJ...

i dunno maybe thats just a crazy theory built on wishful thinking but so far i get the 'fell for a younger woman it ended badly now i run back to the familiarity of my old spouse' vibe from the way his relationship with Emily is being portrayed. I mean their thousands of light years apart and he isnt even in his own body and they were having marital difficulties and not on speaking terms before the whole stranded on Destiny thing so even if they did still care for each other theres no way the relationship could work.
                    Or at the very least, Emily made her thoughts known about him taking that command, and not willing to wait until he returned home after one year to supposedly retire from the AF.

YOUNG: When this tour's over, I promise ...

EMILY (interrupting): You know what? (She glares at him for a moment, then looks away.) Never mind. Don't bother. You always end up choosing somewhere other than here.

(Young walks over to her and turns her around to face him.)

YOUNG: I'm not choosing my job over you. How can you even say that to me?

(Emily relents a little and puts her arms around his neck.)

EMILY: I love you.

(She puts her mouth near his ear.)

EMILY: But I can't wait any more.

That statement pretty much agrees with your summary that Emily and Everett were already on the outs before he even met TJ. His fantasy about TJ before seeing Emily and his desperate plea at her door are just a sad declaration of where their relationship is after Emily became aware of the affair.

YOUNG: Emily, I really tried. I-I didn't want ... I didn't wanna come here. I tried not to come here but I can't ... I can't stand it!

(His voice gets quieter.)

YOUNG: Baby, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you so much. Please, just ... I had to try, all right? I had to, just in case there was a chance ...

(On the other side of the door, Emily fights back tears.)

YOUNG: ... a chance that you could forgive me.

And then she has SEX with Everett. And then Telford poisens her mind saying Everett is still having an affair with TJ while on Destiny so in the end, their marriage was over before he went to Icarus.

Sharon and Wray works in spite of the afore mentioned problems because they have such a close trusting affectionate relationship and even then it begins to come under starin as the series progresses. Young and Emilys marriage is nothing like that so it seems like any chance of them rebuilding their marriage is doomed from the get go and though its Young doing all of the chasing quite earnestly i think deep down he realises it wont work...

and now i feel sorry for Young for chasing after the wrong woman when the right one was clearly right in front of him did i mention i love how TJ spends most of the early episodes hovering over Young as he limps along their so cute together
                    Isn't TJ wonderful. She has such doubts in herself, however, when it comes to making decisions she thinks things through then goes with her gut. Her and Everett's affair probably started with a non-thought emotional, he's totally hot, I gotta shag him; she's so hot and I need someone to hold me, to feel again, I need to shag her kind of deals and before they realized what they were doing, clothes were off and the deed done. I always wonder if it was just a one time "mistake" or something longer, something they realized they couldn't control and so he forced the issue by turning away from her.

I love those two together. They make me smile.

Comment

I've been rewatching some SGU episodes lately, and I've noticed that TJ and Young have "a thing", and by that, I mean 'holding hands'. Seriously, whenever something happens, Young always grabs her hands, just to hold them, or to kiss them. I love it!

Comment

Oh i didnt notice hand holding first time around im gonna have to keep an eye out for that

Comment

Oh i didnt notice hand holding first time around im gonna have to keep an eye out for that
                          Oh yeah, I always thought Young kissing TJs hands was very romantic and a respect thing he has for her.

Not that I wanted Everett to go back to Emily, but we only really saw the end of their relationship. Despite the sex with Stones, the only thing Young held was Emily's calf after the sex. Then Telford pretty much sabotuged Young's reconciliation by poisening Emily's mind.

I need to re-watch the entire series again. Hey - November and December is SGU months durin the GateWorld rewatch event. I plan on participating in that.

I've got to get my fill of Everett and TJ.

And Louis is just gorgeous to watch and listen to. I can listen to his voice all day long.

Comment

I haven't been on in awhile - new job and all. Now I work the night shift to when I have time I've been catching up on GateWorld lurking.

Comment

Working...
                            X