Clothing nitpick/plothole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade View Post
    Rush and Chloe should have been naked inside those tanks.
    Should they? Why? It seems anal probes weren't in store, so...

Comment

Rush and Chloe should have been naked inside those tanks, but nudity would offend the average viewer.
      Not to mention the fines SyFy would get
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Guys, guys, guys: have we all become so jaded by fan complaints that we can't see what's really happening here?

Clearly, Perfection wishes to see Chloe in that tight, black, leather catsuit...

What was I saying? Oh, right, yeah, he wants to see Chloe in that tight, black, leather catsuit...

Huh? Ok, right, he wants to see Chloe in that...thing, from now on.

And I most definitely approve of that. TPTB screwed up, ok? They have no choice now but to respect continuity and let Chloe wear that tight, black, leather catsuit...

[drools a little..]

Wait, what were we talking about?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Rush and Chloe should have been naked inside those tanks, but nudity would offend the average viewer.
          im the average viewer and i wouldn't be offended

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            im the average viewer and i wouldn't be offended
            I'm not the average viewer, and I don't think nudity would be appropriate on Stargate or the Sci-fi network, especially at 9pm.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Define 'average viewer'.

And whether people would be offended or not....it's against the law to broadcast nudity without jumping through a ton of hoops.

heck, on BBC america, during Children of Earth, when Capt Jack is rescued and he's naked, they blur out the long shot of his bare bum.....so you're not gonna get any sort of nudity unless the show moves to something like HBO or Showtime. The average cable network does not show nudity. Even DIscovery channel, survivorman or man vs wild, if either of those hosts gets naked, it's blurred out/not shot (as in the camera stays above the waist or below the knees)
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

While I hate gratuitous sex scenes on TV and movies. It's stupid and cheezy. This I like. It would make the scene a little more dramatic (in the Sci-fi sense) in the way the Aliens wouldn't care about preserving Rush's and Chloe's dignity. They would be nothing more than guinea pigs for them.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                  While I hate gratuitous sex scenes on TV and movies. It's stupid and cheezy. This I like. It would make the scene a little more dramatic (in the Sci-fi sense) in the way the Aliens wouldn't care about preserving Rush's and Chloe's dignity. They would be nothing more than guinea pigs for them.
                  But it doesn't make that much sense to me. They didn't go medieval on their asses, as in there was no physical torture(not that we know of yet, anyway). They're an advanced civilization. Why wouldn't they put them in some kind of outfit? They're essentially prisoners. Aside from dis-gracious examples such as Gitmo and Abu Ghraib and so on(and in that case, we're also talking physical torture), humans don't usually go around dragging naked prisoners around, so I wouldn't expect a more advanced race to do it either. Unless they're Klingons... And let's not forget that the aliens actually demanded surrender. True, it might be because they only want the ship but to me, it makes more sense that they actually gave them clothing. Maybe something different from what the aliens themselves wore would have been nice, but still, clothing...

Comment

There's no reason that aliens would necessarily view clothing the same way as we do, so I'm going to assume that the suits simply served as part of the tube system, which were probably just to help keep them alive in the tanks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      There's no reason that aliens would necessarily view clothing the same way as we do, so I'm going to assume that the suits simply served as part of the tube system, which were probably just to help keep them alive in the tanks.
                      You know, you've made a good point - I was just looking at the episode again and noticed the tubes going into the suits at chest level.
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                        But it doesn't make that much sense to me. They didn't go medieval on their asses, as in there was no physical torture(not that we know of yet, anyway).
                        So having them naked is going medieval on their asses? Please.

I only see it as conducting experimentation without encumbrance. Its not worse than mind probe or being captured against it's wishes. Obviously, I'm not saying they should absolutely be naked but just saying they could be. I would have done it (if the network agreed). Same as having prisoners stripped and washed naked and given new clothes when they get capture at one point if it fits the story. Its not extreme, just practical and highlight the Sci-fi drama part.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                        X