No announcement yet.

Clothing nitpick/plothole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The show actually does a great job with these sorts of details. Something that another viewer pointed out to me - Rush is clearly wearing his wedding ring (left hand) and his other ring (with dark stone, right hand) when he is on the planet with Young in "Justice".

In the tank, no rings (we assume the aliens took them along with his "away-team" clothes when they captured him).

Back on Destiny at the end of the episode - no rings.

Looks like Rush has lost both of his rings. I'm sure losing the wedding ring will bother him, given what we saw in the pilot.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      True. Except that, in this instance, it's quite evident that there's no plot hole or whatever. Neither Chloe nor Rush were wearing the clothes they had on at the end of the episode before being abducted.
      Yeah, he had the exact thing on in fact.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Yeah, he had the exact thing on in fact.
        Nope, he had his "away" military camo gear on - even the boots. Have a look at the pictures from "Justice". And note the rings!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          stop picking on the newbie.

I think it's safe to say that clothing, like toothpaste, deodorant, etc, will never be an issue on the ship. They could be marooned for years, but will just never mention where the clothes come from. Kinda like Ginger on Gilligan's Island
          To be fair, there's picking on a newbie and pointing out that he's just plain wrong and making a massive deal out of an unfounded argument.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            To be fair, there's picking on a newbie and pointing out that he's just plain wrong and making a massive deal out of an unfounded argument.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              Looks like Rush has lost both of his rings. I'm sure losing the wedding ring will bother him, given what we saw in the pilot.
              Can't believe I didn't notice this! I think my love for this show just grew bigger.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                Can't believe I didn't notice this! I think my love for this show just grew bigger.
                Maybe that's why he was so savage with the blue guy. "Ya ******* stole me ring!" * chokes poor alien to death* You know, he's real lucky the alien had similar airways to humans. If he were breathing through his ass, Rush would be in trouble.

Comment

If he were breathing through his ass, Rush would be in trouble.
                  You are very, very lucky that I wasn't taking a sip of coffee just then. Or, rather, my keyboard is very, very lucky. Snort.
                  sigpic

Comment

If he were breathing through his ass, Rush would be in trouble.

Must've been hard to lose his wedding ring. It was probably very important to Rush.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                      Nope, he had his "away" military camo gear on - even the boots. Have a look at the pictures from "Justice". And note the rings!!
                      Ahh yes you are right.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Ahh yes you are right.
                        What? I'm right? How the heck did that happen?

I would still be glad to see Rush (and Chloe, if you like) run around some more in their wetsuits, if you guys really want them to.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lets say I wouldn't be opposed for Eli to find himself some new pair of clothes. Maybe he can take a look at the Spencer's wardrobe.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            and my point is, you can point out that he's wrong without being snarky or mean.

none of you ever posted something on the net that turned out to be wrong?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And, to be super-fair, it wasn't just the newbie that was wrong!

But the most important thing, the thing you all need to keep in mind, is that I was right. Briangate said so. Since this is unlikely ever to happen again, please keep it in mind (and close to your hearts).
                              sigpic

Comment

Rush and Chloe should have been naked inside those tanks, but nudity would offend the average viewer.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X