No announcement yet.

The Torment of Tantalus (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with all who really liked this episode. A lot of interesting stuff, about the early attempts as using the Stargate, the device, Daniel, Ernest, etc.

Comment

good episode... i think that the best part was that they figure out what the universal language would be, broken down into the universes most basic elements...amazing...
      "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Yeah, it's a great idea--if you don't mind memorizing 146 'letters'

Comment

And then figuring out how they form into a written language that you could translate. As Daniel said (and was confirmed by Ernest) It would take (more than) a lifetime.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

This episode is fantastic, one of my top ten favourites, perhaps even top five.
            I don't know what else to say about it that hasn't already been said.

Comment

I just rewatched this episode today and I noticed something young Ernest is played by none other than Paul Mcgillion aka Carson Beckett from Atlantis. He looks alot thinner then than he does now tho . This is also in my top ten episodes . Definatly my favourte Season 1 episode.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

^No way!Cool! This has to be one of my all time favourites, it was a good story with old ernest being played very well. You can almost feel the emotion on the poor old buggers face when he sees people for the first time in decades. It was nice to have an episode where we can see that the universe doesn't revolve around earth, where other races met up for a gossip and a cuppa.
                This is where season one differs from all the others, where we are the newcomers to the galaxy and evreryone else seems to be more advanced. I should think a lot more thought has to go into races that are beyond us in technology whereas in later seasons they seem to have got a history book out and picked an era at random with most of the other races being less advanced.
                I wonder if the building that ernest was in, originally had a shield like Atlantis as it was getting a bit battered bt the elements.
                Still the episode has got to be in my top five.

Comment

^^yse i noticed that a few weeks ago, strange why TPTB bring back actors in different roles, although by the time Atlantis came around everone would have forgotten or so they hoped

Comment

****!!!! GREAT Daniel Jackson by Michael Shanks.........exactly what James Spader might do!

Comment

Yes i just watched that episode last night and when i was watching catherine's father and ernest talking... i was thinking "hold on a sec, that's beckett" funny stuff i say.

The one thing that gets me about the actor recruited to play the old ernest is that he doesn't look much like Paul Mcgillon (compensating for aging and balding of course).

But still i find the whole thing funny.

As well, i'm not sure if it's just me or did i see the guy who played Mirdyn on the atlantean council/Merlin also play the leader of the people from the planet which the weather control device was stolen in "Touchstone" episode 214?

Oh and I also noticed that Narim, the Tollan is played by the same guy, Garwin Sanford, that plays Dr. Weir's now ex Simon Wallace. I mean talk about coincidental appearance but that's cutting it when it comes to actors time distance between different roles.
                      And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

Yes, i just looked up the filmography of Matthew Walker who plays Merdyn/Merlin, on sg-1, his character's name in Before I Sleep is "Moros", all M's, 10000 years must cause lots of name changes

His filmography confirms he plays "Roham" in Touchstone!
                        And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

I'm watching it again right now! When I saw Beckett I was like, "Woah!".

I tell great stories.

Anyway, awesome episode! Haven't seen it in five years. >.>

Comment

I got the DVD so ill have watch it and check it out.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I read the script in the Essential Scripts book and I loved it! It was highly original and a great intro for the four races/ ancients plotline of the series! Of course the script has scenes that were cut from the final episode so I'm going to have to go see if a friend of mine has this episode on DVD so I can watch it.

timdalton007

Comment

One of my favorite episodes. Goes from Hilarious to sentimental in a great way. Wish they would revisit this planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X