No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No no, its ok, such an exciting episode you were probably still in a state of "wowedness" and dident pay attention to boring talk bits.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

What a great episode! The special effects! Those fleets of ships firing at each other! WOW! It was exciting too! Good ep! Best of the season so far!

I think they ended the RepliCarter threat too quickly though. The SGC finally has a formidable enemy again and only after an ep or two their dead already! Although I can see why because they want to make Anubis an enemy again. But still! I wouldve liked to see more of the Replicators.

Oh, and Daniel dead! I know he wont stay dead but I was like, YEY! LOL! I never liked the DJ character once he came back. And Replicarter killed him T-1000 style! Sword right in the gut, how cool is that!?!?
      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

my theory is that there are some replicators still alive at planets that had an iris (therefore, the beam hopefully cant get through)...

Comment

No other stargate probably have an iris, mybe some sort of shield but the energy wave got through shields on ships so likely a shield around a stargate also. If they do survive they are likely far out into space away from any planet, or on a planet without a stargate at all/or buried.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Anyone else got the feeling that the whole thing was planned by Annibus? He purposely give the planet to the rebel jaffs, and then give them enough time so that sg-1 can figure out how to use the ancient weapon to kill off the replicators (Since earth has the replicators destroying data that he doesn’t have access to). If sg-1 succeeds, well, no more replicators, and then he can just use his superior forces to retake the planet and kill off all the rebel jaffs.

Of course, it didn't quite work out the way he expected it too. (Mostly thanks to replicators showing up at the wrong time) But it did got ride off the replicators.

And i have the feeling not all replicators are dead. Just now they reverted back to non-intelligent bug swarm state.
            Last edited by Dimeron; 06 February 2005, 06:30 PM.

Comment

in there pre human form, could the replicators adapt to the weapon jack developed?

Comment

Originally posted by corn
                in there pre human form, could the replicators adapt to the weapon jack developed?
                Nope. They seem to have gained the ability after rep-sam figured out how the weapon works.

Although the surviving replicators might retain the ability. However, the good news is at least the bugs are not intelligent anymore.

Comment

I didn't like the way that they said Baal ran away. He escaped, he didn't run, and he was laughing at them when he bailed. Actually, he does that a lot, the laughing thing. I don't think Baal takes himself too seriously. It's like when Jack says that Baal's not a god, Baal's about to laugh, agree with Jack, and say 'Relic of an outmoded belief system*.'

Best Baal moment was when he turned away from Anubis who was admiring the new body in the mirror and just rolled his eyes. I love Baal. Can we have more Baal in S9, please?

*TM PTerry, Small Gods

Comment

Ba'al is growing on me too. I can almost forgive him his wicked ways in Abyss with the torture sessions, but he almost appears to be the kinda Goauld that could help SG1 - in a Yu sorta way.

Anyway, just getting over Reckoning II - and one thing keeps kicking me about it. Haven't had time to read through ALL the posts on this thread, so if someone's mentioned this, well tough. The only downside to this ep for me was the lack of concern everyone showed about DJ's kidnap. I thought it was just Reckoning I, but no. Hey, a few throwaway lines would have sufficed, just to know that the writers hadn't forgotten him.

The conversation that Jack and Carter had at the end was unbelievably trivial, with the 'oh, Thor's fine, doing this, doing that,' and 'Tealc's doing this and that' and then as an afterthought they remember the 'D' word. Now quite worried about Threads and what it will hold. Jack's 'worried' look didn't do much to forshadow the storyline. Well not for me anyway. Not sure if I want an extra long ep about Jack and Carter's relationships, with one or two sentences on how/where DJ might be.

But then, I should have faith in TPTB. They kicked a@@ with the Reckonings, I'll give them that. Thouroughly enjoyable and I'm praying Threads will be worth it.

Missed ya, Gateworld. Glad you are back.
                    Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

They couldn't do anything about Daniel's kidnapping. All they could do is what they did do. They also don't know what happened to Daniel. All they can do is speculate and I think it would be pretty dull for the viewer to have endless worry. We know they care about Daniel, we don't need to see it all the time.

Comment

However, the good news is at least the bugs are not intelligent anymore.
                        There is no reason to assume the bugs are not intellegent, since they always were very intellegent even before the human-form reps appearaed. Think of all the things they did in previous episodes. They could take over goa'uld ships and other alien ships like they did with Apophis's-- so even if the bugs are just 'bugs' again (that is, if they're still alive) there's no reason to think they're an less a threat.

Comment

"We know they care about Daniel, we don't need to see it all the time."

Yes. We do.

At least more than the crumb that we actually got.
                          Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                            There is no reason to assume the bugs are not intellegent, since they always were very intellegent even before the human-form reps appearaed. Think of all the things they did in previous episodes. They could take over goa'uld ships and other alien ships like they did with Apophis's-- so even if the bugs are just 'bugs' again (that is, if they're still alive) there's no reason to think they're an less a threat.

I mean intelligent in the sense that the ability to analysis situation, reason, and the entire cognitive process.

The replicators were intelligent in the sense that an animal is cunning, but they can be easily tricked, as Carter has done numerous times. They were never truly sentient. Just like bugs and virus that rely on their nature resilience and adoptability to survive.

Human-shaped replicators are intelligent, which is why rep-sam was able to adopt to the distributor weapon or formulate the plan to try to find and destroy the only weapon that can stop them.

Comment

I think the human form replicators have some form of emotion and the desire to survive at any cost compared to bug-replicators.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

mean intelligent in the sense that the ability to analysis situation, reason, and the entire cognitive process.
                                What would you call what they did on Apophis's ship in the 'far-out' galaxy just after SG-1 blew up the sun? I mean, they attacked the big ship, they got on board, they disabled the self-destruct, they learned how to adapt the goa'uld ship's engines! This is not sentient behavoir?! They just couldn't communicate in a human-like way, but they were VERY intelligent and not just in a fight-or-flight way, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X