No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this might be a stupid question but how come ba'al beamed away with an asgard lookie beam?
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
      this might be a stupid question but how come ba'al beamed away with an asgard lookie beam?
      Baal served Anubis, who had acces to Thor's knowledge. Remember - Osiris had the beam technology and (s)he served Anubis too.

Comment

Originally posted by joasia
        Baal served Anubis, who had acces to Thor's knowledge. Remember - Osiris had the beam technology and (s)he served Anubis too.
        oh right yeah, thanks
        sigpic
        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome episode. Haven't been this impressed with an SG1 ep in a long time. Reckoning 1 and 2 are instant classics. And they aren't even the last eps of the season!

Everyone working on this show deserves a serious pat on the back!

Now I gotta go see Threads

Comment

This episodes has easily entered my top ten of favourite SG-1 episodes.

AMAZING!! I haven't been thrilled by a TV show in a few years. I loved every minute, every second, every frame of this episode. And the ending? BOOYAH!! Daniels dead again and that opens the door up for a whole lot more concerning his acension.

Hot damn, when the SG-1 writers turn out something good they really turn out something good. If the rest of the season keeps up with this episode then I'll forigve all of season 8 being very lackluster and rather dull.

Way to go SG-1 creative team!! You guys (and gals) out did yourselves!!
            "You ended that sentence with a preposition!!" - Jack O'Niell

My DVD Collection

Comment

Shock Horror!!
              Reckoning was actually about Stargate.
              More Shock Horror. It had actual elements of science fiction which is what the show is....um...was, should I say, about.
              It was a good ep, but the hyperbole about it is a bit exaggerated, I believe. I think people like it more than they really should because the rest of the season has been pretty much crud, I believe.
              The Moebius reviews suggest Reckoning was an abberration and they went back to their bad old ways with a dissappointing season finale.
              This one good ep does not excuse the 15 or so other eps that have been so, so mediocre.

Comment

i like reckoning 2 there were lots of cool actions sceens and it was cool when daniel was contorling the repcaters and what ep could be complte with out daniel not dieing yet again

Comment

One probelm with RK Part 2 was the so-called Jaffa Rebellion really got swallowed up in all the other replicator stuff going on.
                  Their 'sort of' victory and final freedom were all a bit ho hum and rather underplayed. It felt as if it had all the tension of a dust up between a pair of soggy lettuce heads.
                  It may have needed an ep all to itself. Then again, the Jaffa stuff always bored me anyway.

Comment

I think this episode was good enough to justify the weakness of part one. Made 'The Reckoning', as a whole, into a strong episode. Especially because the damn one dimensional replicators seem to be gone, hopefully forever!

Now the Asgard have no excuse not to blow the gua'uld to hell.

I didn't expect Daniel to be killed again at the end of the episode. Of course, it's pretty predictable even not knowing any spoilers that he's going to ascend again. I think they should have added a scene showing the cast actually *emoting* over Daniel's death, the same way they did in Meridian.

It's a great turning point also for the jaffa rebellion to gain legitimacy.

Comment

This episode is one of the best of the series. Ever. That's all I'm going to say.
                      Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

I think this episode was the best of season 8. Perhaps the best action-packed episode of all time. If I hadn't read all the spoilers, I would have thought everyone was going to die at the end!!! Well I guess Daniel died again. "Danny's World' is that what he said?

I thought Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks did the best acting ever! They have great chemistry and I loved the cheesy evil grin RepliCarter had the entire time! AH! Scary!

Overall, wow, I am amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by mayorbill11
                          I'm glad they finally killed the stupid replicators.
                          They’ll find one eventually.
                          That I should love a bright, particular star.

Comment

Fantastic episode. Everyone gave their all, and it worked out. My favorite scenes had to be the ones between Daniel and Replicator, though. Especially when Daniel was able to access her mind while she was accessing his. Then he took over the other Replicators just long enough to give everyone a fighting chance, and he probably didn't even know how he was really helping them. I knew that something was gonna happen to him at the end of this ep, but this was FAR beyond what I thought. My heart skipped a beat right into my voice box. I can definitely see why if this was gonna be the show's end, this would've been it. The space-fight, the self-sacrifice, and even the trust of the person that they wanted to get captured by the Replicators was just great. The scene with that Ancient weapon was also extremely impressive. But when it activated, I knew Daniel's fate was sealed

I also loved it when they dialed all the gates at once. Anyone else recognize that planet with the purple trees? It was the one from Daniel's dream in "Forever in a Day".
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I recognized the planet! haha I was naming all the planets when they were doing that and my Mother was like "Yes, we know you know them all."

Comment

I must agree with the general feeling that this was one of the best episodes ever. Although I’m sad that the Jaffa rebellion was put on the back burner for all the Replicator stuff, I don’t agree with some of what I’m hearing about the Replicators being bad ‘bad guys.’ To me, what could be better than an enemy you could not reason with, who learned every trick in your book from you, and had no emotions to play upon? The Human Form Replicators are the best.

Plus, Daniel and RepliCarter were perfect. I totally believed their interaction, especially Daniel being able to get into RepliCarter’s mind. When I first read a spoiler for Reckoning part 2 my first thought was “What would happen if she dug too deep?” I think since the Ascended couldn’t cast Anubis out that they really couldn’t cast Daniel out either. The best they could do was stuff his soul back into a body and try and block his memories. It’s all still there.

Now I can’t wait until next week when ‘Threads’ airs and we find out what happens to Daniel.
                                That I should love a bright, particular star.

Comment

Working...
                                X