No announcement yet.

It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit that this was one of the best episodes I haven't seen in a long time. Can't wait for more. Can't say that the next few episodes look that good. And what about the end. Anyone?
    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Oh yeah.....Should we expect more Cameo's? Got say that it just means that Sg-1 is more popular than some of you thought.
      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

That was a fantastic episodes. More episodes like that and I won't have to spend money on that hypnotist to wipe Season 7 from my mind 'cause with this kind've ep I just forgot Season 7 happened!

It hit all the right buttons for me, and then added a Puddle Jumper. What could be better? It was SG-1 Old Skool, something that's been missing since the end of Homecoming.

I think, and I stress think, that the writers have finally gotten a handle on how to use RDA's schedual. This Season has been far superior to Season 7 in almost every way, and they don't seem to be fumbling about looking for reasons why Jack can't be there and reasons why certain cast members aren't as prominent due to the filming of multiple episodes at once (exception being Covenant, where Teal'c should've been 'off world' for the episode because his miniscule role was just embarassing and made it look like the writers were trying to fit him in somewhere).

We didn't have Daniel being a gun-toting super-commando, we had him being his usual self, and getting his ass kicked in HTH combat by a Jaffa (and not winning - he had to be saved). We had Teal'c fighting, JACK FIGHTING, Sam doing her techno-stuff. Maybourne!

And a Puddle Jumper. I think all Stargate episodes should have Puddle Jumpers in them!

Question is, did they take the PJ with them before they left? Were they coming back? And where would it go once it got him? Or would they just sent it to the Alpha Site straight off?

I really enjoyed that episode. Next week is Kinsey and Chekov ey? Well, onwards and upwards!

BYE
        "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Now wasn't this just a cool episode? I wouldn't say it was the best, but certainly not the worst.

The comedy from Jack to Maybourne, and from Maybourne to Trelak (or something). But I think the effect of how powerful the Gou'ald there was somewhat a lot different, because there was a lot of mocking between everyone. Perhaps because of SG-1 being there, maybe now.

I liked how SG-1 walked into the village to see Maybourne treated like royalty, or being King of the village. I couldn't help but laugh.

The final scenes of the episode were really cool with the flowers and wives stuff. Had me laughing. Gives a lot of hope for the remainder of the season.

Favourite scene : The fight between Teal'c and Trelak;

Trelak : "You are a man of your word".
          Teal'c : "Indeed". *stabs Trelak in chest*

And then he just walks away like nothing happened.
          __

__

Comment

In my opinion this is the best episode this season. It was cool to see the little puddle jumper decimate a mother ship like that.

Comment

i enjoyed it cause its sg1 but i think we all can agree the writers have fully committed to sga.. 2 ancient missles destroy a monther ship.. rda held this episode together.. i mean i dunno they need to end this season quick and hopefully they will start fresh on season 9 with the new cast golden days im afraid are gone..

Comment

An Offworld mission - An Offworld mission!!!!
                A Team mission - A Team mission!!!!

Haven't seen one of these in ages - and as many people pointed out, it felt like the old days.

I had high hopes for this episode and it didn't disapoint me, here are my thoughts:

Good:
                - Nice to see Maybourne in again, he grew on me and good to see him interact more with SG-1. Did anyone notice thoe that Teal'c didn't seem to keen to speak to him - does he still hold a grudge against the incident in season 2? As someone else mentioned - Maybourne asks where Jack is but doesn't mention Daniel is back in living form etc.

- Daniel doing a small piece of his usual work - translating writing.
                - Teal'c fighting and doing what he does best
                - Carter doing what she does best and try to make something work.
                - Jack doing what he does best - kill Jaffa.

- Loved the scene when Jack comes through with the music playing!
                - Why didn't Jack zat the Jaffa twice as it would have been more silent and not led the rest of the Jaffa to the Puddle Jumper.

Nitpicks:
                - I thought the Puddle Jumper and ruins where a long way from the town - so how can Jack's Tauri weapon noise be heard all the way back in the village - true wind direction but still bit odd.

- Why did Daniel and Teal'c try and leave the city - I know they might have thought Jack needed help but it was obvious that anyone leaving the town might be a member of the Tauri.

- Can Jaffa read Ancient text now - as the Jaffa viewed the writing and sent the rest of the Jaffa out to search the area like he knew there was a ship around!

Overall a Good Episode - and good to see the Puddle Jumper in the SG-1 galaxy. Spoilers
                Spoiler:
                Apparently this Puddle Jumper is the one Dr. Weir used in "Before I Sleep" if I read Gateworld correct.

I think the reason the Puddle Jumper's two glowing jellyfish destroyed the Hatak with great ease was Ares does not have the same shields Anubis has on his motherships. So all the jellyfish of doom that were fired at Anubis in "The Lost City" were needed as Anubis has powerful shields.

I have also thought of something about this episode that needs me to write down in Word to make it quite easy to understand and I will post it - it is regarding time - travel Ancient etc - so look forward to that!

Comment

Originally posted by DIngChavez
                  Why didn't the mothership have shields? If the puddle jumper has such advanced weapons, why don't the Asgard repelicate a few and wipe out the Gou'ald?
                  Either the mothership may not have activated shields thinking the little puddle jumper no threat or the Ancient missiles easily penetrated the shields just like in "Lost City".

As for replicating the weapons, even the Asgard have a hard time understanding Ancient technology.

Originally posted by Lunar
                  The only other thing I would have liked would have been a little bit of sparkage between Sam and Jack when it came to relinquishing her command to him. I would have liked it if they'd given the same order at the same time or something, I know challenging her COs authority isn't really in character for Sam but still, a little something like that would have been nice, just to let us see how she's grown into her command.
                  This is a spoiler thread. No need to hide "spoiler" information.

Sam did not need to relinquish anything. It's called "chain of command". Jack's her commanding officer so whenever he's around, she would naturally defer to him. Besides, neither Daniel nor Teal'c are your typical subordinates; they're more like colleagues than underlings. It there had been another SG team there, led by a major or lower rank, then we might have seen Sam issuing orders regarding reconnaissance and troop deployment.

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                  Wonder when Maybourne learned to speak ancient? And what are they going to about that "special" gene in S9 once Jack is gone? Suddenly realise that Daniel can do all that stuff to from being ascended?
                  One doesn't have to speak a language to be able to read it. I'm sure there are many people in the SGC who can read Ancient. It's just a matter of setting aside the time to study the language. Also, I'm sure not all the people with the Ancient gene went to Atlantis because they'd want to have more options than just Jack to operate the Ancient outpost's defenses. However, unless, Daniel got a successful gene injection, I don't think he can operate anything keyed to Ancient DNA.

Originally posted by Token
                  When Sam and Teal'c entered the puddle jumper, it started activating. I thought the Ancient technology only activated when the Ancient gene was introduced. Am I wrong? We know that Teal'c doesn't have the gene. Does Sam? Because that was my first reaction when I saw the puddle jumper's lights come on, am I missing something? I don't really watch Atlantis but I do know the city didn't activate until the presence of the Ancient gene.
                  And why aren't you watching Atlantis?

To answer your question, only SOME Ancient technology requires the presence of the gene. Atlantis' basic systems came online when it detected the presence of people but certain equipment only responded to persons with the gene.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    I liked how SG-1 walked into the village to see Maybourne treated like royalty, or being King of the village. I couldn't help but laugh.
                    Did anyone else have a sudden impression of the original Star Trek episode, "I, Mudd"? Of course, Harry Maybourne got a better fate than Harry Mudd.

Originally posted by Anubis
                    Favourite scene : The fight between Teal'c and Trelak;

Trelak : "You are a man of your word".
                    Teal'c : "Indeed". *stabs Trelak in chest*

And then he just walks away like nothing happened.
                    Actually, I think Teal'c may have stabbed Trelek in his symbiote pouch.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      The ref was blind! Spurs scored, and the ball was six feet over the line, and the goal wasn't given Flippin' Man U.

Erm, was I watching the wrong channel again?
                      Hey Mrs W I had a look at the goal on MOTD and couldn’t believe it the ref needs to be disciplined by FA.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

That was a pretty fun episode. Nice to see Maybourne again, he's come a long way, hasn't he? I especially liked how, when he told the village the truth, they pointed out all the things he had done to make their lifestyle better. And then you find out he has several wives, so he's still something of a heel.

You know, people who have to wait to see the new eps in order (and haven't been reading spoilers) are going to get an interesting look at things. SG-1 just happens to find a Puddle Jumper in one episode, then, two weeks later, Atlantis tells where it came from. And things will tie together further late this season. Who says TPTB are just slogging along?

Regarding the two drones, remember that these are smart, tough little weapons. In 'Lost City', and again in 'New Order' we say how they can punch through objects and continue on, until they find something they want to blow up on/in. They're also manuverable enough, at low speeds, to circle an individual. I don't think it's out of the question that those things could have punched right through to the Ha'tak's reactors and blown them apart. But that's just me.

a time to mourn

Comment

If I remember what Daniel said:

He said that the Ancients or Ancient went forward in time to a time when the planet was hit by an Earthquake – a flood and then when the evil gods came back and travellers from another world defeated them.

Well if the Ancient went forward in time to that event – then this Ancient must have been on the planet when SG-1 were there then defeating the enemy. But – here is where it may get confusing for myself or you – if this Ancient used the time device in the Jumper to get to the future and is on the planet when SG-1 are on fighting the Goa’uld – how did the Ancient go back in time to write down the event if SG-1 stole the Puddle Jumper!

So basically – was there an Ancient on that planet?

1: An Ancient uses the Puddle Jumper to go forward in time – 2005 when the Goa’uld arrive and SG-1 the travellers arrive to defeat the Goa’uld.

2: The only way SG-1 could defeat the Goa’uld is with the Puddle Jumper, which means then the Ancient would not be able to go back in time to write down the events.

3: But then if the Ancient didn’t go back in time to write down the events how were the events written on the ruins?

See, now I am confused. Have a go yourself in working this one out. I look forward to your ideas.

Comment

To the person saying that when jacks gone will they just magic up some way for daniel or someone to use it..

U must remember that Beckett made a way to inject the gene into humans... And Atlantis will have Regular contact with earth very soon, meaning that we will also have that ability.

Comment

[QUOTE=TheWarrior]1: An Ancient uses the Puddle Jumper to go forward in time – 2005 when the Goa’uld arrive and SG-1 the travellers arrive to defeat the Goa’uld.

2: The only way SG-1 could defeat the Goa’uld is with the Puddle Jumper, which means then the Ancient would not be able to go back in time to write down the events.

3: But then if the Ancient didn’t go back in time to write down the events how were the events written on the ruins?
                              [QUOTE]
                              1. An ancient uses the Jumper to view the defeat of the Goa'uld by SG-1, using the time ship.
                              2. The ancient goes off through time and does whatever.
                              3. At some point the ancient goes back in time to the planet and leaves his ship there, so that SG-1 can find it and fulfil the events he saw eariler.

That's my theory.

Comment

I figure he watched in the cloaked puddle jumper.and maybe went back in time far enough to tell a duplicate of himself what to do while he did something else. I dunno.. time travel hurts my feelings and my brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X