A Daniel-centric movie..... thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Daniel-centric movie..... thoughts?

i think that TPTB should write only 3 more films.
    1 as a character-driven story focused on Jack (see my thread elsewhere)
    1 as an all-out SG-1 vs the Bad Guys epic action film
    and the LAST SG-1 film ever as a character-driven story focused on Daniel...

i do not want to see the movies ending up inventing new bad guy after new bad guy... or ruining the mystique of the furlings, or continuing with time travel, or recycling old races bc eventually it gets dull and boring..... or just not as good as the series

so what are your thoughts on a Daniel-centric film?

mine are simply that it involves Daniel on another treasure hunt for a lost city of the ancients..... and when he finds it (with jack's help.... see my other thred )... daniel finally gets the chance to confront and tell off the ancients...... without being descended...
    well, that's it in a nutshell..... there's a lot more involved, but i'll keep it all a secret for the time being

what would you like to see?
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

wow, 14 views and no posts yet
    ok
    here's one:

how about something involving Daniel and an ancient civilization from earth so far unexplored in SG-1... but somewhat tied in with Egypt?
    (is miss the egyptian connections)

maybe something involving King Solomon?
    maybe the mines of solomon were really naquadah mines

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
      i think that TPTB should write only 3 more films.
      1 as a character-driven story focused on Jack (see my thread elsewhere)
      1 as an all-out SG-1 vs the Bad Guys epic action film
      and the LAST SG-1 film ever as a character-driven story focused on Daniel...

i do not want to see the movies ending up inventing new bad guy after new bad guy... or ruining the mystique of the furlings, or continuing with time travel, or recycling old races bc eventually it gets dull and boring..... or just not as good as the series

so what are your thoughts on a Daniel-centric film?

mine are simply that it involves Daniel on another treasure hunt for a lost city of the ancients..... and when he finds it (with jack's help.... see my other thred )... daniel finally gets the chance to confront and tell off the ancients...... without being descended...
      well, that's it in a nutshell..... there's a lot more involved, but i'll keep it all a secret for the time being

what would you like to see?
      The way things are going, I doubt will get 3 more movies. We'll be lucky to get one more. That's why I can't believe they are going to waste the next movie on Jack.

I would love to see a Daniel story after this film but, I don't see that happening in my opinion.

Comment

This might be a cool set up: Daniel discovers a cave painting on Earth that contains alien writing and far predates the arrival of the Goa'uld. The writing could be Furling, for example, and may even contain a gate address.

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype View Post
          This might be a cool set up: Daniel discovers a cave painting on Earth that contains alien writing and far predates the arrival of the Goa'uld. The writing could be Furling, for example, and may even contain a gate address.
          NO!!! NO FURLINGS!!!!!

lol

sorry, the furlings to me are like wolverine's origin: the less we know, the better we are... and the cooler they are

Comment

I'm game but with one proviso...Vala MUST be in it!!!! THen they can do anything with Daniel they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
              I'm game but with one proviso...Vala MUST be in it!!!! THen they can do anything with Daniel they want.
              damn, thats like the one thing i DON'T want
              i think vala's been played out... through the mother of the orici to being brought back as katesh... to her relationship with daniel in unending...

start the movie with her leaving the sgc for good

Comment

I'm game but with one proviso...Vala MUST be in it!!!!
                I'm good with that.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

i think vala's been played out... through the mother of the orici to being brought back as katesh... to her relationship with daniel in unending...

seconded
                  sigpic
                  i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

HECK NO!!! daniel is only entertaining when Vala is there, otherwise IMHO he gets rather....umm how do I put it nicely? ok I'll just say it...DULL!

But I agree with the poster who said that the next movie is probably the last we'll get!

Comment

HECK NO!!! daniel is only entertaining when Vala is there, otherwise IMHO he gets rather....umm how do I put it nicely? ok I'll just say it...DULL!

But I agree with the poster who said that the next movie is probably the last we'll get!
                      vala is annoying a beep... and to me she ruins daniel... she does nothing but turn him into a irritated jackass

the sexual tension was good at the start...
                      but vala got old, dull, and repetitive...
                      and i just hated the effect she has on daniel...

i much prefer the daniel who stood toe-to-toe with the likes of Apophis, Anubis, and Replicarter... the Daniel who was at the top of his game, an intellectual with no equal on earth...
                      THAT is Daniel Jackson...
                      not the Daniel from SGA Lost Tribe
                      not the Daniel cuddling in Unending.

but the Daniel who told the ancients where they could stick it
                      Daniel who is fed up with everyone in the galaxy refusing to listen to or help him...
                      Daniel, the unappreciated anthropological supergenius

oh yes

and

the Daniel who defied RA

Comment

I couldn't agree less. It's just not possible. When Vala isn't there, Daniel is all about the exploration, first contact, and interesting debate/banter over methods and ethics. When Vala's in the mix it's all about innuendo and keeping her in line, with marginal exploration and discovery on the side. It's less action/drama with a comic touch and more broad humor. A lot of depth is lost. I liked those seasons, too, but I missed Daniel. You knew he was still doing those interesting things, but we rarely got to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                          I couldn't agree less. It's just not possible. When Vala isn't there, Daniel is all about the exploration, first contact, and interesting debate/banter over methods and ethics. When Vala's in the mix it's all about innuendo and keeping her in line, with marginal exploration and discovery on the side. It's less action/drama with a comic touch and more broad humor. A lot of depth is lost. I liked those seasons, too, but I missed Daniel. You knew he was still doing those interesting things, but we rarely got to see it.
                          I couldn't agree more. With everything you said... Daniel is one of the most interesting characters on the show (he's the main reason why I stuck around for 9/10). A lot of things that make him 'Daniel' disappear when he is with Vala.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

IrishPisano:
                            i much prefer the daniel who stood toe-to-toe with the likes of Apophis, Anubis, and Replicarter... the Daniel who was at the top of his game, an intellectual with no equal on earth...

THAT is Daniel Jackson...
                            not the Daniel from SGA Lost Tribe
                            not the Daniel cuddling in Unending.

but the Daniel who told the ancients where they could stick it
                            Daniel who is fed up with everyone in the galaxy refusing to listen to or help him...
                            Daniel, the unappreciated anthropological supergenius

oh yes

and

the Daniel who defied RA
                            Well said, although I enjoyed Lost Tribe, too. It wasn't exactly SG-1 characterization, but SGA is directed very differently and has a different tone. I could see why it was the way it was.

So on the topic of plot, I'd like to see something offworld, dealing with another culture, hopefully with an archeological component. I'd like to see something that explores not only Daniel's willingness to give people/species a chance, to want to talk before shooting, but also his capability for ruthlessness once he's written someone/something off. He draws a heavy line in the sand. Just where that line is can be very interesting.

Comment

You mean a movie about the character who has been perhaps most "centric" for the entire series?

What is there left to know about the guy?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X