No announcement yet.

A Daniel-centric movie..... thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts? I'd watch, buy the dvd and then buy another back up dvd for when the first one wears out.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
      LOL. While I loved that early Daniel and thought him to be very sweet I think they moved on at the right time. One season more and he would have gotten quite tiresome. Plus Jack, Sam and Teal'c all got a lot of character development, it would be strange if Daniel remained the same.

I guess my favourite is season 3-6 Daniel; I love that guy to pieces. I try to forget that he ever descended though

Who said they are all single? From what we've seen:
      Sam and Jack are seeing each other at the very least,
      Daniel and Vala have a thing for each other,
      Teal'c is with Ishta (there was no mention of breakup, so I'm assuming it's still true)
      Cam, from what I remember, was supposed to be dating his high school sweethart from Bounty (I may be wrong about that though, it's been a while since I saw the ep)
      Sure looks like they are all taken Anyway, this is way off topic; there are other threads about characters/pairings if you are interested. And welcome to the forum!

*cough* Ke'ra *cough* He also had the whole Sarah/Osiris subplot..

Anyway, to be more on topic, I have to agree with those who feel season 9-10 and AoT were Daniel's show and are not interested in repetition. For that matter I also agree with Sky that I wouldn't want Sam-centric movie, even though I love both the character and the actress. I guess both Daniel and Sam (and also Vala) have the ability to dominate the storyline, sometimes to the exclusion of the others.
      Funnily enough, I've also felt that Jack or Teal'c -centred stories allow for plenty of teaminess

But yeah, if the fourth movie ever gets made - and that's a huge "if" - don't concentrate on any specific character but rather on the team. That's my take on it.
      I always saw that as merely a one-night stand... and there was never any indication (IMHO) that Daniel and Sarah continued their relationship..... But then it might be my shippy glasses!

Comment

I saw the potential for Daniel/Sarah, but i personally think it was never meant to happen simply because the actress wasn't a vancouver actress, thus would have been too expensive to bring in too often.

that said, had they really wanted to accommodate it, they could have paid to bring her over...guess the storyline just wasn't in the budget, literally
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I saw the potential for Daniel/Sarah, but i personally think it was never meant to happen simply because the actress wasn't a vancouver actress, thus would have been too expensive to bring in too often.

that said, had they really wanted to accommodate it, they could have paid to bring her over...guess the storyline just wasn't in the budget, literally
          yeah, the limits of being just another silly TV show...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Claudia Black was brought in from Austrailia, so if they had wanted to go the Sarah/Daniel route it was possible. But then having said that...I am a Daniel/Vala shipper.

Comment

well, it might have also come down to, was anna plowman willing to move to vancouver for weeks/months at a time for a role?

claudia obviously was, but not ever actor is willing to relocate.

in the case of anna vs claudia, anna would have likely gotten a handful of episodes over the course of a year, while claudia had a guaranteed 1-2 years

sigpic

Comment

A Daniel movie HAS to deal with Share and Vala. We sorta got that in the argument in Unending but still, we need something thats not erased from history.

I dont know If you guys noticed but every time Daniel makes a discovery and new horiffic enemy is discovered XD The Guaould, the Ori, the Dark Asgard. Lol.

Id save it for when SGUs getting close to the 5 yr mark so Daniel's movie includes new characters for a spinoff with whatever new bad guys he provokes this time. Then it could be like the original SG movie that told its own story and resolved Oneills suicidal tendancies and Daniels not fitting in on earth. Then the series picked up from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  I'm game but with one proviso...Vala MUST be in it!!!! THen they can do anything with Daniel they want.
                  Ditto They are my 2 favorites characters without ship they are the ones who drove me to get hooked and Daniel is the one who made me get all the previous seasons but IMHO Vala brought Daniel back to life in many ways I love his passion since she came into his life she is a part of his story now like it or not

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                  damn, thats like the one thing i DON'T want
                  i think vala's been played out... through the mother of the orici to being brought back as katesh... to her relationship with daniel in unending...

start the movie with her leaving the sgc for good
                  We will have to agree to disagree and something Vala Haters need to remember please don't dis Vala just because you don't like her there are people who love the character and she is a part of the show when it left off so please stop trying to erase her out of Stargate it is rude I am not saying you have to love her or even like her just stop trying to erase her
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    A Daniel movie HAS to deal with Share and Vala. We sorta got that in the argument in Unending but still, we need something thats not erased from history.
                    Why? I'd say Sha're is a pretty closed book. Daniel loved her and she will likely always remain an important person in his life, and the events of her death with likely always haunt him, but I can't see why a movie should deal with something that he seems to have accepted and moved past.

Vala I can sort of understand, seeing that as of the last movie she was an active part of his life (though with her not appearing in the next movie that might have changed), but I wouldn't want a movie to focus on their potential relationship anymore than I'd want this possible third movie to focus on Sam/Jack.

I dont know If you guys noticed but every time Daniel makes a discovery and new horiffic enemy is discovered XD The Guaould, the Ori, the Dark Asgard. Lol.
                    I hadn't even thought of this. Lol. They need to lock the man on base and not let him go on anymore adventures before he destroys the universe.
                    Last edited by Ashizuri; 21 January 2010, 02:56 PM.
                    Originally posted by Callista
                    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                    Originally posted by HPMom
                    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I would be all for a Daniel-centric movie, I love all of SG1 but Daniel is definitely my favorite. It could be set up like a Indiana Jones film. Id like to see more of the Ori/Medieval mythology from Seasons 9 and 10 in a Daniel movie.

Comment

While I have nothing against Daniel (matter of fact, I like and enjoy the character), I wouldn't be at all interested in a Daniel-centric movie. I like Vala, too, but would also not be interested in a movie with the focus on her or on her and Daniel. I appreciate that others would love to see something where the focus is on either or both of them, though.

Comment

There is no way anything would ever focus on Shau'ri.

First, that storyline was ended in s3, and it was ended at MS request. He fully supported the story in Forever in a Day so Shau'ri is pretty much a closed book as far as I can see. (not to mention that the Shau'ri story is tied into the goa'uld, a plotline that Coop & co have deemed to be bothersome 'baggage' and not something they seem to want to deal with)

As to Vala...I doubt Claudia will be back. She's got her family to think of and is living in Australia i believe, so I think she has other priorities. I wouldn't declare it impossible because, obviously, I wouldn't have knowledge of that, but given that Brad seems to be helming the movie and he seems to be less of a fan of the last couple of years of the show, I find it unlikely that he'll keep his movie around the parts of the universe that he likes.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X