This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
    the human race fughts n till the end. look at Iraq. everyone knows that the war will almost 100% end in defeat. but we are still blatting on against the taliban.

look at SGC vs goa'uld. they blatted on against them. it may have taken a while but the tau'ri will overcome EVERY threat they are faced with.

we have something the asgard didnt.
    sheer us-ness. we dont fight because it means survival for our race (but that is a part of it i have to say)
    we fight because we have nobility. we fight to defend those that cannot or can but will end up dieing in the process. we are the ONLY race of humans in ANY galaxy willing to lose our sub-race (of humanity) to save another or save another race entirely.
    we have honour because everytime we have been ptted up against an enemy we have fought on. look at WW1. Germany (on its own i might add) nearly tanked Britain and France. but we perseviered. we fought on and pshed them back. WW2 Germany took over most of the planet. most say invading Rusia was the turning point of that war. but tell me. how many rebellions were goin on? and if i remember rightly Britain was the only european country not conquered. we are a race that is bred for war.

in my opinion. we shold stop focusing on spending money to carry on fighting wars. but work on our own technological advancment. we would not be where we are now if some people had not forgot what they had been told about laws of the planet and risked it all. we are too tied up to our "laws of the world" that we will not do anything that might work because our theories say it wont work. im fed up of our people being too chicken to take a rik to advance our own people as a whole

America is doin somehting about it. developing energy weapons after all. but that is about it. noone else is doing anything even remotely adventurous to do with technological advancement
    lol, i agree with most of what your saying, just a couple of points relating to the RL:

1.) The taliban are currently in Afghanistan - who the rest of N.A.T.O are fighting (or should be) pretty much due to 9/11 amounting to a direct attack (more people died in 9/11 than in pearl harbour ) by another nation upon a nation part of N.A.T.O - which under the treaty all nations are obligated to go to war- the situation is a lot more complicated in Iraq however with mutliple Iraqi factions fighting it out against both us, and themselves - and with a international coalition consisting of some N.A.T.O members, and non N.A.T.O members. Both wars are going south currently for the USA, Britain and the other allies etc... - but the situation is far from lost.

2.) Germany didn't nearly tank Britain and France on her own. The war was initially a coalition force, led primarily by Britain and France vs. the axis powers. Among the Axis powers, some joining later than others, were the nations of Japan, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and a whole host of others.

After the fall of France in 1940, and the loss of western Europe (except Britain) the war went from being a coalition force of western european states vs. the axis powers, to being Britain and The British Empire vs. the Axis powers... this only changed when Germany and her allies went and decided to do a repeat of the Naploeanic war (what many historians view as the first real world war) - which having failed to beat Britain, they go and turn on Russia... and consequently get clobbered due to fighting 2 fronts against multiple enemies - exactly like Naploean did Japan and the USA then enter shortly after Russia is dragged in.

Eithier way.. it was never 1 nation vs. another - but a whole team of nations vs. the enemy team. One big nasty world war

Comment

because we are the fifth person they met
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
      X