• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we won the bid for the Fifth Race on ebay
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

They needed someone dumber than they are...

Plus, we saved their little gray butts on several occasions. We saved them from the Replicators on the world where they were building the O'Neill. We saved them when the Replicators began their assault on Orilla. We defeated the Replicators when they ran out of weapons to fight the bugs. Maybe they felt like hyperdrives and shields weren't enough thanks for the two extra years of life we gave them.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Did the Asgard really choose just the Tau'ri as the Fifth Race, or was it humanity as a whole(lots of humans in the galaxy)?
        Ditto. I thought they were saying humans in general are the fifth race, not just those of Earth???? Cuz if its just earth then thats just discriminatory. Plus the Ancients supposedly seeded the galaxy, so every human would have the ATA gene. And and, going with the base theory of Goa'uld taking humans from earth and spreading them out, then those humans should probably have the ATA too so either way. I think its all humans. and the reason we were chosen: cuz deep down I think Thor has a crush on O'neill (thats a joke by the way)
        A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

Comment

Before the Asgard manipulated their bodies through scientific evolution, they looked similar to us. Then they started degrading and slowly dying off. They thought that the key to their genetic salvation was locked away in our DNA<--(What does that stand for!?!?), they couldn't find the answer in time.

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post
            We've seen alot of races with technology far more advance then us. Why do you think they chose the Tau'ri as 'The Fifth Race'?
            The Goa'uld had the day off.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post
              We've seen alot of races with technology far more advance then us. Why do you think they chose the Tau'ri as 'The Fifth Race'?
              I think it's because they considered the Tauri true friends.
              The Asgard knew that we would do almost anything to help them and they knew that we would be a good presence in a galaxy or even Universe of bad guys.

Comment

Humans arent descendant from ancients, theyre the second evolution. The presence of the gene is probably because of ancients that came back to earth from Pegasus had children with humans. So Sheppard, with his great ability to control ancient tech is probably a direct descendant of an ancient that couldnt keep it in his pants.

As for the Asgard, they chose the humans of earth probably because they were the only intelligent species who were ready to die to preserve life, and can do it in style. Did i mention how lucky earthlings are in general and have a great sense of timing too.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                  Did i mention how lucky earthlings are in general and have a great sense of timing too.
                  Not to mention our uncanny knack to survive when all hope is gone

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

I agree mostly with what has already been said. The Asgard chose humans because we have untapped potential, and because we don't give up. We put our minds to something and stick to it, and we don't leave people behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod View Post
                      The Goa'uld had the day off.
                      And they didn't want the opportunity anyways. If it was up to them, they'd rather be "The one Race" and not share the title with four others.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

because they managed to save the galaxy on multiple occasions, saved the asgard galaxy on multiple occasions, saved the Pegasus galaxy on multiple occasions, and managed to save at least 2/4 of the great races in doing so.
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

The humans are the fifth race because they are the closest things to the Ancients.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
                            The humans are the fifth race because they are the closest things to the Ancients.
                            I agree that that's probaby part of it.

Comment

also because the writers wanted something meaningful to happen at the end of the series.
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

the human race fughts n till the end. look at Iraq. everyone knows that the war will almost 100% end in defeat. but we are still blatting on against the taliban.

look at SGC vs goa'uld. they blatted on against them. it may have taken a while but the tau'ri will overcome EVERY threat they are faced with.

we have something the asgard didnt.
                                sheer us-ness. we dont fight because it means survival for our race (but that is a part of it i have to say)
                                we fight because we have nobility. we fight to defend those that cannot or can but will end up dieing in the process. we are the ONLY race of humans in ANY galaxy willing to lose our sub-race (of humanity) to save another or save another race entirely.
                                we have honour because everytime we have been ptted up against an enemy we have fought on. look at WW1. Germany (on its own i might add) nearly tanked Britain and France. but we perseviered. we fought on and pshed them back. WW2 Germany took over most of the planet. most say invading Rusia was the turning point of that war. but tell me. how many rebellions were goin on? and if i remember rightly Britain was the only european country not conquered. we are a race that is bred for war.

in my opinion. we shold stop focusing on spending money to carry on fighting wars. but work on our own technological advancment. we would not be where we are now if some people had not forgot what they had been told about laws of the planet and risked it all. we are too tied up to our "laws of the world" that we will not do anything that might work because our theories say it wont work. im fed up of our people being too chicken to take a rik to advance our own people as a whole

America is doin somehting about it. developing energy weapons after all. but that is about it. noone else is doing anything even remotely adventurous to do with technological advancement
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X