Atlantis VS. 4 Ori Motherships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis VS. 4 Ori Motherships

So I have been wondering lets say that in a paralell universe They found three ZPMs and transfered all the drones from the tower to Atlantis and sent it to the Supergate to help fight off the coming Ori ships, would th combined might of three 304's(Odyssey,Daedalus, and Korolev) , 1 O'Niell class, Atlantis and a bunch of ha'taks been enough to repel the ori beach head fleet.
    sigpic
    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
    So I have been wondering lets say that in a paralell universe They found three ZPMs and transfered all the drones from the tower to Atlantis and sent it to the Supergate to help fight off the coming Ori ships, would th combined might of three 304's(Odyssey,Daedalus, and Korolev) , 1 O'Niell class, Atlantis and a bunch of ha'taks been enough to repel the ori beach head fleet.
    probably, but there would be a lot of damage. well with or without asgard beam cannons?

Comment

Originally posted by mkb441 View Post
      probably, but there would be a lot of damage. well with or without asgard beam cannons?
      The only differance in the alt univers is that Atlanis is there the beam weapons have not been invented yet.
      sigpic
      STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

in season ten it was stated in an alternate universe that the drones were capable of dispatching ori motherships, they did use quite some but Atlantis also has quite some, and maybe Atlantis can just target the shield generators and once those are down the rest of the fleet finish off the rest
        check my story's:
        Battlestar group 16
        and Under Siege
        and respond at:
        Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
        my newest story:
        TFS Ticonderoga
        and respond at:
        TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Erm, why do people persist in seeing Atlantis as an offensive weapon? It was never intended thusly. Its shield and drones are for defence.

ZPM-powered Auroras are the way forward. Followed by Asgard tech - especially ZPM-powered Asgard tech, by which I mean the Odessey.
          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
            Erm, why do people persist in seeing Atlantis as an offensive weapon? It was never intended thusly. Its shield and drones are for defence.

ZPM-powered Auroras are the way forward. Followed by Asgard tech - especially ZPM-powered Asgard tech, by which I mean the Odessey.
            yes but in this alt universe they are desperate and when they find an ancient cash of ZPMs the use the most powerful ship they have Atlantis, so i was asking would it be enough to change the out come of the battle I ask this because I am thinking of doing a Fan fic were this takes place.
            sigpic
            STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
              yes but in this alt universe they are desperate and when they find an ancient cash of ZPMs the use the most powerful ship they have Atlantis, so i was asking would it be enough to change the out come of the battle I ask this because I am thinking of doing a Fan fic were this takes place.
              Well in The Road Not Taken (season 10 of SG1) it was said that the Ancient outpost in Antarctica managed to fend off a single Ori Cruiser with the Drones they had, but it almost depleted the remaining power in the ZPM, if Atlantis in your scenario is fully powered, I don't think from seeing EATG that Atlantis can fire drones at the rate of the outpost but if the city is just sitting in space, with enough energy to fire a good stream of drones then I could see it taking out a few Ori Cruisers, perhaps even the 4 in Camelot.
              Atlantis IMO could have been enough to take out those Ori Cruisers although it's possible the Ori could do one hell of a lot of damage to Atlantis's shields, perhaps depleting them and then you'd have some dead occupants.

Comment

i'd say Atlantis could do away with those ori ships (it might not even suffer damage, as the City-Shield does take a whole lot (fire from a whole lot of hives in "The Siege" and sustained fire from our "super"-ZPM-Upgraded-hive in "Enemy at the Gate")) but it might deplete all of its drones in the process thus making it incapable of repelling further attacks (as for not being able to fire at the speed the outpost can: That was due to the power ot the city being used elswhere (shields, sublight drives) i suppose - or because becket was not able to control that much drones (we talk about a person that is pretty unsure of himself when working with ancient tech and is not the best choice for the chair (sheppard is)) - even more: That Outpost volley was overkill (like the one the Orion fired to destroy a single hive...) they could have done with less i would say (why use tens of thousands if a few thousand could do the job....well should ask o'neill, shouldn't we? ^^)

greetings LAX

Comment

well, atlantis would probably winn, since the übershields could take pretty much anything thrown at it when fully powered and not skidding on an atmoshpere... and the drones would't have much of a problem getting through the ori shields, but atlantis is not the best choise. A ZPM-powered Aurora would probably do better. Atlantis isn't built for space combat, it's meant to lean back and laugh on a planets surface as the attackers throw everything they have at it in vain. Aurorars are actual ships, made for ship-to-ship space combat.
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by IMDB
                  Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                  Hehe

Comment

Win for Atlantis I believe. By the way I'd just like to point out that the Ancients wouldn't have used their city-ships as warships, only ''in case of emergency''.
                    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

A win for the 4 ori ships imo. The allied ships at the supergate battle were just like bugs from the ori's pov, they'd likely ignore them and focus their attack on atlantis. If Atlantis were to fire drone like it did in EATG then imo it doesn't stand a chance, not even taking out a single ori ship, if however it fired them in mass then i think it could take out 1, maybe 2 ships, either way though I don't see it winning. The Ori would take care of atlantis, then move onto the 'bugs', leaving basically the same result as what did happen.

Comment

Yup, like the post above, and Atlantis would be destroyd what so ever
                        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I think Atlantis could and would win. And why? Well, it is fully powered in this scenario (they got loads of'ZPM's as stated) and she'll be fully stocked up on drones, as stated.

She wont be skimming an atmosphere and will NOT be controlled by Carson, who frightened of hurting anyone, Sheppard on the other hand IS the right person for the job.

(speculation) Atlantis would be "enhanced" with rail guns, nuc's missiles and much much more fighters, this could in combination with all other ships, that fire all they have at them, and with that would spot the flaw in the Ori's shields that a nuc could go throe them with the rings, blow up the Ori.
                          Obviously, we'd go ALL IN against the ori if we could bring Atlantis there. Also with those ZPMs we could give the ships controlled by and the Asgard ZPM's too, that would boost there power and make them capable of hitting the Ori harder

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

IMO, the battle would be exaclty the same, perhaps last aminute longer, our side would still get pwned, and atlantis would get destroyed, zpms or not.

Even all the fanboim about atlantis skimming the atmosphere or carson in control in EatG aside, Atlantis shield failed just containing the gate exploding in first contact, so its shields are obviously unable to take deal with very high power attacks. Which is exactly what the ori are using. Drones wouldnt be much use either, since in the road not taken an entire stock of earths outpost with a zpm managed to only fend of a single ori ships, not even destroy it. Theres also the point of ori hating the ancients and most likely concentrating their fire on the ancient ship of the fleet.

And in response to locutes, if even asgard weapons had little to no effect, what do you expect nukes, fighters and railguns to do? maybe throwing rocks would have been better then.,.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                              IMO, the battle would be exaclty the same, perhaps last aminute longer, our side would still get pwned, and atlantis would get destroyed, zpms or not.

Even all the fanboim about atlantis skimming the atmosphere or carson in control in EatG aside, Atlantis shield failed just containing the gate exploding in first contact, so its shields are obviously unable to take deal with very high power attacks. Which is exactly what the ori are using. Drones wouldnt be much use either, since in the road not taken an entire stock of earths outpost with a zpm managed to only fend of a single ori ships, not even destroy it. Theres also the point of ori hating the ancients and most likely concentrating their fire on the ancient ship of the fleet.

And in response to locutes, if even asgard weapons had little to no effect, what do you expect nukes, fighters and railguns to do? maybe throwing rocks would have been better then.,.
                              first of all, you didnt watch first contact.... It states that the shield cant protect for long because the shield emitters get fried, cuz it is not the way they are meant to be used.

second of all, i know nukes and fighters wont do MUCH damage, but they can at least be used in packs all hitting the same spot, that does a lil bit damage but all is better then nothing.

Nukes will kill a ship cuz of the explosion which would rip the ship apart from within, assuming they can be deployed within the ship by the rings, as stated in an epi.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Working...
                              X