Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did this episode make you think about McKeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Let's take off our shipper glasses, shall we? This episode was pretty much:
    Two friends go out together. They have absolutely no chemistry. They sit down and listen to a presentation, they hold hands for a short while (still no chemistry).

Then came the big whoop and they were fighting for their lives. Then Jennifer died (clinically) and Rodney revived her.

Then they kissed, Jennifer confessed her love and they had air plane sex on the way home.

Yeah, that's a perfectly written ship alright! No chemistry followed by "I love you!" and sex. Veeeeery believable.

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
    And that's the point I see completely different. Where was Keller's support for McKay? Worse, she sat there with a face which showed she was embarrassed because of McKay's behaviour. Hey, the man was right with everything he said, wasn't he? I don't have the feeling she really loves the man he is. She wants to change him. Into something better? I don't know. I can't see it this way. I expect from a person, who says he loves me, that he accepts me as the person I am. And I expect understanding and support. I can't see these things with Keller. I don't want to ship two people together, but Sheppard has a better way to calm McKay down when it's necessary (maybe not always ).

IMO she isn't the right person for him. And the way this episode was written hasn't changed my opinion, just the opposite.

GREEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to FallenAngel and silvercomet!!!!

Well said. I had that feeling too that she wants to change him. You can't change people. If you can't accept a person for total body and soul of who and what they are...it's time to move on.

True love is the total acceptance and appreciation of another person....of their goodness...of their person. Love doesn't 'just happen'. It takes time to grow....

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      Uh huh, and did he tell you he loved you too? On your first date?
      Well...I...erm. No, though it is a little different. But then, I also didn't say it was perfect! Yes, that was a little odd, I agree, 'I love you' seems to be overused in TV (and real life - teenagers specifically) nowadays.
      Though people seem to be missing that she said 'I have for some time' - like he did in the Shrine. So these feelings didn't just 'happen'. They've been building up. Why, I'm not quite sure. If I were Keller I'd choose Ronon first anyday!

But my point being that it's not that awful.

And I'm probably rambling...I'm sick!! Forgive me?
      Thanks to LiliJ for (most of) my lovely sigs! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Spangly View Post
        Well...I...erm. No, though it is a little different. But then, I also didn't say it was perfect! Yes, that was a little odd, I agree, 'I love you' seems to be overused in TV (and real life - teenagers specifically) nowadays.
        Though people seem to be missing that she said 'I have for some time' - like he did in the Shrine. So these feelings didn't just 'happen'. They've been building up. Why, I'm not quite sure.
        And that right there...is the crux of the problem. Like I noted in another thread, and I won't rehash the whole thing here, if you're not going to do it right, don't do it at all. I hate half-assed storylines. And that's how this came across.

If I were Keller I'd choose Ronon first anyday!
        This is because you are crazy.

And I'm probably rambling...I'm sick!! Forgive me?
        That explains everything.
        sigpic

Comment

The episode didn't change my opinion of the McKay/Keller relationship: I strongly disliked pairings and romance before, and I still strongly dislike them. While I was OK with both McKay/Katie and McKay/Keller in "The Last Man", I was OK because they didn't get the focus. Half an episode about a love affair? The only story arc this season is a pairing? And I thought SGA was a sci-fi/adventure show...
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

This is because you are crazy.
            True, True.
            Thanks to LiliJ for (most of) my lovely sigs! xxx

Comment

And that right there...is the crux of the problem. Like I noted in another thread, and I won't rehash the whole thing here, if you're not going to do it right, don't do it at all. I hate half-assed storylines. And that's how this came across.

You are 100% right!!! Hit the nail on the head. I hate half assed stories too. This was definitely a "why bother". It was a waste of good film and talent

Comment

It's a sad, sad world when even I can't come up with some sort of defense in the name of McKeller.

ummmm.......

Yeah, I got nothing.

Le sigh...
                When the people who ship it didn't like it, you know you've got problems. ^^

Honestly: they had the opportunity to fix the travesty that was "The Shrine" (the ep that made me stop shipping McKeller) and they wrecked it.

DragonLady
                "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

I thought it was a bad idea from the start but realized this was probably where tptb were going, so the episode hasn't changed my views on it.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    The effects of Mckeller to some folks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

Family Guy style!
                    OMG!!That was HILARIOUS!! Thanks for the link!! I love that show!
                    Laughing so hard, I almost threw up

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by Spangly View Post
                      Okay...underground bunker ready? Check. Here we go...

I really quite liked this ep.

There, I said it. But really guys why such the fuss? Okay, so I personally do prefer Ronon/Keller, Mckay/Katie (I was very confused as to why they decided to end it!) and I just ready something about Keller/Lorne...hmmm..
                      Anyway, just because it may not be the best, it's not awful! It's rather sweet - McKay tried to be humble! Okay, so he stopped as soon as Keller was out of the room. But it's sweet none the less!
                      So what if there haven't been mega amounts of 'moments'? For example, I was asked out by a guy that I had NO idea liked me - but just 'cause he hid his feelings, doesn't mean they didn't exist!

So, just calm down! Maybe it's not the best, but at least there's confirmation (maybe a little too much at the end of Brainstorm but ah well) unlike our universe Sam/Jack grr...

Anywho, rant over!
                      And I prefer McShep. But I do not let my shipping allegiances color my view of episodes. I give each episode an un-biased initial view. I judge each episode for what they are.

And when episodes are shoddily written, they just are shoddily written. The episode could be all about how John finally mans up and declares his undying love for Rodney and I'd still rag on it if it was shoddily written (though I'd, obviously, squee over the plotline).

The episode was so badly written, Pandora's_Box, who in her sig links to a McKeller LJ Community, McKeller YouTube Channel and McKeller FanFics site apparently hates it.

That's how bad it was. Even the most avid McKeller shippers hate it. Also, I respect Pandora's Box tremendously for being able to objectively view each episode for what they are and not let her shipping glasses color her view of Atlantis.

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
                      COME ON!! give Rodney a chance here, Its about time the intelligent person got the hot girl here.
                      Nobody cares. It's a badly written ship. It will remain such 'til such time the writers wake up and start writing it better.

This is just a geek fantasy come true, the "unattractive" geek gets the hot girl, yawn. It's a boy's club run wild (writers and fans alike).

So what if it's a geek fantasy come true? At least make it believable and realistic (if even slightly so) and try to write it well.

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                      GREEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to FallenAngel and silvercomet!!!!

Well said. I had that feeling too that she wants to change him. You can't change people. If you can't accept a person for total body and soul of who and what they are...it's time to move on.

True love is the total acceptance and appreciation of another person....of their goodness...of their person. Love doesn't 'just happen'. It takes time to grow....
                      You should visi the "She's trying to change him"-thread started by yours truly where I'm arguing the same thing.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                      The episode didn't change my opinion of the McKay/Keller relationship: I strongly disliked pairings and romance before, and I still strongly dislike them. While I was OK with both McKay/Katie and McKay/Keller in "The Last Man", I was OK because they didn't get the focus. Half an episode about a love affair? The only story arc this season is a pairing? And I thought SGA was a sci-fi/adventure show...
                      Oh my Wii, you just destroyed my world. I hadn't even noticed that 'til now. Defense mechanism, I guess. But now that you mention it, it's pretty much the only prominent story arc which spans the entire season this year!

For the love of puppies, make it stop! But noooo, the idiot writers will probably bring it to the movies. An entire movie centered around McKeller, just you wait and see!
                      Last edited by FallenAngelII; 01 December 2008, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I like it. I've thought from the start of their relationship that they were good together and this shows that. I liked the pairing of them right away and this ep made me like it even more.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                        X