The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    I'm not ready to give in to age just yet - I'm more inclined to get myself fitter and learn to pace myself better. And I'm way too much of a control freak to trust anyone else to do my gardening or pot up the plants that I've nurtured through the winter or grown from seeds

Just got back from a mini WooHooMeet with Cags and Kirsten - lovely lazy day sitting in the garden after a short stroll to the cafe for lunch - bliss!
    Ah my friend - it's not that I have given up, just the opposite. I fight it any way I can. But it is life. I have several years on you - after all I'm already into the 70's. And I'm trying to convince the doctors that it's time for a knee replacement - they just don't agree yet (they have stretched the "standards" making me not quite eligible.) I know that would help - my right knee is slipping around over there - and I don't appreciate it. I am not depressed (never really been in a deep depression). I'm also not giving up, but I do have to deal with the cards I'm dealt. I have come up with a few ideas and have even discussed one or two with my doctor. So time will tell.

However, as far as the gardening is concerned - not bothered by that at all! - I really enjoy a pretty garden but I am not one to play in the dirt and never have been. I prefer a good gardener to do it for me and I'll pay him (or her) to do it! As for pacing myself - well sometimes that has some advantage over falling down. That has happened once and it was a struggle - one I solved by myself - but never the less I don't want that to happen again.

I'll also figure a way somehow to get back to the UK for at least on last trip. And, I'm now on a fixed income so I have to learn to deal with that as well. Life doesn't care what you or I think - it does exactly what it wants. I've been retired for almost 10 years now and I've been enjoying it totally. Not willing to give that up at all. Smartest thing I ever did - retiring about 5 years earlier then I was suppose to - but then like I said I hear my own drumbeat and it said get the hell out of Dodge and find a lovely place somewhere else. I did - I love living in Washington. Excellent idea for me!

The day I wrote that last bit I had received some very sad news. I lost a friend I've known for over 3 decades. It was quick and sudden and totally unexpected. It made me "wax philosophically" a little more then normal I guess, but sometimes you just have to air it out to get it out. Life can be very realistic sometimes - and I guess I was just not ready for it at the moment. But I have a somewhat different philosophy then a lot of people so I was able to make peace with it very quickly which I have. Life does go on and so do I.........

So no - haven't given up and probably never really will. I have no choice - it's either keep living my life, improving it in different ways but still improving on it and when it is my turn they'll have to find me first! I hide well!
    sigpic

Comment

Good to see Martin having fun.............

Comment

In his element

*hugs* Laurie - sorry about your friend
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Comment

From Twitter............

Martin Wood @realmartinwood 19h

I do what I do because of this man. He has the most astounding creative mind I'm so proud 2 have inherited a piece of him. HappyFathersDayDad

Comment

Yesterday we had temperatures up to 35C - apparently tomorrow will be the hottest June day since 1976 I'll be sitting in front of the air-con unit then............

Comment

^Lovely Martin with dad picture
                My condolences on your loss, Laurie.

Sorry to mock your pain, Jumble but I'd kill for 35ºC. Yesterday we reached 42ºc and I live under my A/C unit. Under no circumstance try to make me leave.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I don't think I could cope with temps that high

The trouble with the UK is that we are just not equipped to deal with extremes - snow causes horrendous problems for us because we don't get it very often so a couple of inches stops us in our tracks, and until recently we haven't had really hot weather so most places don't have air-con! I even met someone today who's car doesn't have it

I'm glad I'm not working tomorrow so I can just sit it out indoors After that, the forecast is that it will cool down towards the week-end, possibly with thunderstorms taking the place of the heat - *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    I don't think I could cope with temps that high

The trouble with the UK is that we are just not equipped to deal with extremes - snow causes horrendous problems for us because we don't get it very often so a couple of inches stops us in our tracks, and until recently we haven't had really hot weather so most places don't have air-con! I even met someone today who's car doesn't have it

I'm glad I'm not working tomorrow so I can just sit it out indoors After that, the forecast is that it will cool down towards the week-end, possibly with thunderstorms taking the place of the heat - *crosses fingers*
                    What really makes me nervous - I believe we are just beginning the effects of climate change. Sadly, it is probably only going to get worse until we really make a change.
                    sigpic

Comment

Three years ago this happened...............

.... two lovely people had a beautiful wedding

Comment

Oh Jumble, just logged on and seen this. I might not be here much these days but I'm always thinking of you guys. Thank you for posting this lovely picture

*hugs*

Comment

Always thinking of you too Sarai

Comment

*Runz in*
                            (Clothed, for once)

Oh my word! Have you SEEN Joe's blog today! I...just...there are no words! GAH! *Swoonz*

Oh, and happy late birthday to Jan.

*Squooshes Woohoos*

*Runz out*
                            sigpic

Comment

He's definitely rockin' the silver fox/bearded look...............

Comment

Jumble! You must warn me before posting hot pics of Joe! *fanz self*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X