No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Today there was no mail -- it was a Catholic holiday but don't ask me which cause I don't know. All I know is 'not a work-day' ... at least not in the office, cause it was most definitely a work-day in my front yard.
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    As a born and raised Catholic, I feel badly that I have no clue what the holiday is.

*runs to google*

Oh, the Ascension!! (So sorry, mom, that I didn't know that! *hangs head in shame*)

Heh! Former Catholic, also totally couldn't remember what the holiday was.

Tomorrow that saga continues... although I fear, with all the lifting and arm-action I did today, I might not actually be able to do any lifting tomorrow cause wow... my muscles are screaming.
    Sounds like me after this week's raiding party...

Have a long weekend to enjoy which normally ends on Sunday at Brussels Comic Con where I was hoping to meet Karen Gillan but she cancelled, Bernard Hill passed away (luckily I already have his autograph), but the four Hobbits are still attending so I can add Elijah Wood's autograph to the collection (albeit doesn't come cheap), and Dominic Monaghan. Also, Boba Fett himself Temuera Morrison -- who also, more recently appeared in My Life Is Murder, starring Lucy Lawless ... you know, Xena Warrior Princess.

If you want something fun to watch, I can highly reccommend MLIS ... it's hilarious. Lucy plays a retired Detective who consults for the police. The first season takes place in Australia, but from season 2 onwards it moves to New Zealand, to Auckland (back home for the Kiwi that is Lucy).
    ​*raises a glass in salute to Bernard Hill*

Hope you have a great time at the con.

Oh dear. I hope you've recovered!!
    Yep...just in time to wash my car tomorrow morning.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I accidently dropped a pitchfork down onto my leg while I was putting it down after using it, and while I thought it was nothing, it did leave me with a bruise.

I also got bitten by a mosquito (tiny bite, little itch) and something not yet identified ... the back of my arm is all swollen, itchy and clearly reacting with an infection or allergic reaction cause it's also very warm to the touch. I'm thinking a fly or a spider bite.

Today we finished up preparing the front yard for the new grass, which we will be sowing on Sunday when we get back from the Con. It will rain again on Monday so good for the new grass seedlings.

Most of the heavy lifting is done except for one act of stonemasonry -- otherwise we won't be able to install the edge for the flowerpatch. When there's time tomorrow, we'll continue work on the rock garden.

Am I hurting? -- you wonder...

Like you have no idea.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I accidently dropped a pitchfork down onto my leg while I was putting it down after using it, and while I thought it was nothing, it did leave me with a bruise.

I also got bitten by a mosquito (tiny bite, little itch) and something not yet identified ... the back of my arm is all swollen, itchy and clearly reacting with an infection or allergic reaction cause it's also very warm to the touch. I'm thinking a fly or a spider bite.

Today we finished up preparing the front yard for the new grass, which we will be sowing on Sunday when we get back from the Con. It will rain again on Monday so good for the new grass seedlings.

Most of the heavy lifting is done except for one act of stonemasonry -- otherwise we won't be able to install the edge for the flowerpatch. When there's time tomorrow, we'll continue work on the rock garden.

Am I hurting? -- you wonder...

Like you have no idea.
        Whoa! Sounds like we need to rename it Whump Saturday! Please get that bite looked at, that it's all warm and swollen doesn't sound good.

Otherwise, glad to hear the yard refurb is going well, and I hope you have fun at the Con tomorrow!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The swelling of the unidentified bite has gone down. It no longer feels warm to touch and the itch has nearly disappeared. Whichever beast bit me, I shall never know but I sincerely hope it wasn't a mosquito cause damn that would mean the new generation is a force to be reckoned with.

Today, we finished with laying out the flower bed and reenforced the entrance to the garage -- so my car is sleeping outside this week. Tomorrow, con first, then grass.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Boston Celtics won again last night. But all of the games have been completely lopsided, with the winning team being up by a huge margin. It's not very interesting to watch.

I'll be taking my first real trip out since the surgery today. Let's see how I do.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Heh! Former Catholic, also totally couldn't remember what the holiday was.
            Former Catholics UNITE! If I was asked what religion I am, I'd probably still say I'm Catholic, but that's more for my mom's memory than anything else. When she was alive I took her to Church every week. At the time, I was the only child to still attend mass. Now I'm the only one who doesn't. Sorry, mom!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Yep...just in time to wash my car tomorrow morning.
            I haven't washed my car in way too long!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            The swelling of the unidentified bite has gone down. It no longer feels warm to touch and the itch has nearly disappeared. Whichever beast bit me, I shall never know but I sincerely hope it wasn't a mosquito cause damn that would mean the new generation is a force to be reckoned with.

Today, we finished with laying out the flower bed and reenforced the entrance to the garage -- so my car is sleeping outside this week. Tomorrow, con first, then grass.​
            I'm glad the swelling has gone down. Try not to hurt yourself, will you please?

Comment

I'll be taking my first real trip out since the surgery today. Let's see how I do.
              Remember OSYtbfB.gif But sWPLUF3.jpg
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Very good to hear the swelling went down on it's own! Hmm, guess this means you may need to look into wearing an insect repellent when you go out gardening.

Today, we finished with laying out the flower bed and reenforced the entrance to the garage -- so my car is sleeping outside this week. Tomorrow, con first, then grass.
                Sounds awesome, it'll look glorious when it's finished!

Find your inner turtle and take it slow and easy.

Former Catholics UNITE! If I was asked what religion I am, I'd probably still say I'm Catholic, but that's more for my mom's memory than anything else. When she was alive I took her to Church every week. At the time, I was the only child to still attend mass. Now I'm the only one who doesn't. Sorry, mom!

Honestly, I'm not sure how I'd answer if asked.

I haven't washed my car in way too long!
                Neither had I. You would not believe all the dried mud crusted on the underside behind the wheels... Gonna try to wash it again in a month to get anything I missed this time.

Comment

Working...
                X