Alternate Universe Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dboy how is the 2 part coming?

I have 2 exams left in this week after that I will try and write some stories

Comment

we should definately make a new thread

Comment

yeah I think that is better

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          GWVF 1.0 did ori versus wraith, then two turned Priors were the catalyst for the end of the ori war.
          With the Ori protecting the humans in Pegasus from the Wraith, Earth can pull back all it's resources into the Milky way...

A nice little piece of not-evilness that makes the story more interesting. And then with us sort of helping the Wraith...

i think it's crazy.
          I'm not sure I approve of our choice of words.

therein lies my argument: the ori are gone, so we no longer have an uberenemy, merely an enemy with uber equipment. therefore, we CAN beat them, especially since they lack scientists and smart people. the Priors have knowledge, but only what they have been given during the war. the ships are no longer magically built, no, people need to build them now. because i downright refuse to accept that the ori followers could build superadvanced intergalactic warships out of thin air without even FORGES, without any form of infrastructure!.
          Building hat infrastructure from nothing in Pegasus will take quite a while.

i think we should also introduce a new concept: gate sattelites. i've been thinking over this, and it will work. essentially, a small Asuran-esque stargate sattelite can be used to get a favorable gate position at any place. gate heavily guarded? just bring in the sattelite and we have a safe gate connection
          Except only one gate can work at one time. I imagine there would be quite a bit of EW between them to set which one is the priority gate.

Anyways, a GCV (Gate Control Vehicle) would probably be one of our more expensive pieces of equipment, since it needs everything, from a hyper drive, to a cloak, point defense, shielding etc.

Comment

if it has a cloak no stuff like PD is needed. we can bring in gate-fighters, or just plainly nuke the enemy from orbit

Comment

needle gliders

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

for example.

re: asgard upgrades. i think that our ships need to be upgraded by the asgard to Beliskner level. a more advanced asgard powersource instead of our own mediocre powersources. say, 200% power increase. which means that we can take 4 ori blasts instead of standard 2 (however, the ZPM will further enhance our combat capabilities),
                asgard pulse weapons (enough to relatively easily bring down a Ha'tak, meaning we can comfortably take on Illac Renin), asgard beaming enhancement (increased range, beaming buffer installed), asgard hyperdrive enhancement (pegasus in 3 days with ZPM),
                and asgard armor plating, asgard explosive dampening systems and damage control systems, so our ships do not explode BEFORE the shield fails.

the technology exchange treaties with the Tok'ra needs to be revised. right now, either side can easily keep back info. it needs to be changed, so the tok'ra and tau'ri can combine efforts against the ori.

i think more immoral and unethical combat at least needs to be considered. a new rifle attachement with miniaturised prior disruptor, or prior disruptor technology installed in a backpack, should allow us to be beamed near a prior, walk towards the prior and plainly shoot him.

this should be an effective campaign of terror.

the creation of the Illac Renin as a second Ori millitary should be done by the ori as a response to this effective and active warfare. as the Resistance strikes galaxy wide, and the orists troop-wise are heavily outnumbered (especially if the supergate is shut down, destroyed or dialled out), and thus turn to the loyal jaffa (the priors determine the loyalty), then start giving knowledge and letting the jaffa build an industry and start producing ori staffweapons, stun gaunlets, etc, and the Illac Renin starts to become a real force of jaffa.

this could be our main enemy, a weaker but more numerous enemy.

this also would make jaffa more useful, as the FJN does not have the power to take on even one ori mothership. an entire fleet won't do much damage.

i think we need to continue the asgard trend of counter warfare, and especially counter technology. the asgard do not fight with tactics and such as us, but instead render enemy technologies useless, use and abuse enemy weaknesses, and observe, then attack. they would be crucial in the understanding of the Supergate, and definately would try shutting it down and re-dialling more than once.

also, the asgard will most likely be responsible for human ship upgrades and their own ship upgrades, to the point where they will be able to use a fleet and fight the ori effectively.

the taonas outpost is most likely already emptied of useful materials and now sunken under the lava.

i think we should take the arctic outpost and either establish it on an unknown, gateless backwater planet, or take it and install it on our ships. using the taonas chair and the arctic chair, the Oddy and Deady can be given 1 chair each, and each half the drones (power in the Arctic outpost is a bigger problem than the drones). each a ZPM, each advanced asgard upgrades.

this should make both ships the terror of the Tau'ri. but i do not care about that. i think that if we need cannon fodder, we can throw in jaffa.

lastly, i would LOVE to see the Lucian Alliance as a well organised group of smart criminals, not a ragtag band of stupid idiots. their ships more like the AIR LA, or the Bounty LA, the kind that sends smart bountyhunters, smart people, and has smart people in command. i would also like to see their ships be more like the AIR variant than the cannonfodder variant.

Comment

if it has a cloak no stuff like PD is needed. we can bring in gate-fighters, or just plainly nuke the enemy from orbit
                  It's never that simply Killman. A cloak would let it hide when it's outmatched, and there will be times when this is so, and point defense can protect it when it's not cloaked to fight.

for example.
                  Are you sure the Asgard would agree? I'm not. They gave us shields, hyper drives and beaming, and explicitly stated no weapons. So I imagine the bulk of what they give us will be defensive. They would fight the Ori themselves.

What I'd like to see is the Asgard rolling out some Von Newman fleets.

this should be an effective campaign of terror.
                  Bull****. If we go around doing it like that, people would flock to the Ori, we gotta win their hearts and minds.

i think we need to continue the asgard trend of counter warfare, and especially counter technology. the asgard do not fight with tactics and such as us, but instead render enemy technologies useless, use and abuse enemy weaknesses, and observe, then attack. they would be crucial in the understanding of the Supergate, and definately would try shutting it down and re-dialling more than once.
                  We can provide tactics. A few of our tacticians per one of their ship, and there you go, nice short term solution.

Comment

A New Era
                    Part 2
                    Progress
                    Date TBD

Spoiler:
                    A massive bright flash engulfed thor and illuminated the small room in which Carter and the others were sat.

“General Permission to return to my lab?” Carter asked.

“Permission granted we’ll notify you if anything else develops,” Landry said. “Teal’c we would like to ask a favour of you,” Landry said.

Carter was sat in her lab fiddling with some sort of high tech looking pistol. By the expression on Carters face it was giving her a lot of trouble. She pulled off a panel at the back of It and moved a few crystals around before replacing it. She gave it a slight tap to make sure that it was secure then took aim at the target on the south wall. She squeezed the trigger 3 times releasing the same amount of small purple energy pulses. Clearly she had solved the problem which was shown by the smile on her face.

She left the room out into the corridor to her right and into the lift. She arrived on the 15th level and walked out round the corner into General Landry’s office. She knocked then pushed the door open to see him sitting at his desk.

“It works sir,” Carter said.

“By works do you mean you have made it work and it wont fire again or do you mean a successful prototype?” Landry asked.

“Looks to be a successful prototype,” Carter said.

“Well done colonel, finally I have good news for Woolsey,” Landry said sounding relieved.

The sirens and lights that show an incoming wormhole began to flash and carter and Landry walked out towards the control room. The both walked in and looked out the window arriving just as the vortex had cleared.

“Do we have an I.D.C?” Landry asked.

“Yes sir, its Teal’c,” The gate technician said.

“Lower the shield,” Landry ordered.

There was a light flash as the shield dropped and the stargate was open for anyone to come through within only moments Teal’c had appeared through the puddle and the gate had closed down. Carter and Landry left the control room and walked up into the briefing room and sat down. Only moments later Teal’c also came in and sat down.

“How’d it go then?” Landry asked.

“The High Council have agreed to give their full support to the Alliance,” Teal’c said.

“Have they selected a representative?” Landry asked

“Yes, Me,” Tealc said.

The room lit up and Thor appeared at the opposite side of the table. Everyone in the room turned and looked towards the little grey alien.

“The high council has agreed that joining this, alliance, could prove to be useful,” Thor said.

“I assume you will be representing the High Council?” Landry said.

“Indeed,” Thor said.

“Colonel Sir, I’m picking up a weak distress call coming from a planet a few thousand light years from here,” Major Kent reported.

“Can you play in back?” Emerson asked.

“I’ll try but I don’t think there is much left to play back,” Kent said.

“Someone……please…. We are under attack,”

“How long before all systems are ready to go?” Emerson asked.

“Everything is almost finished,” Kent replied.

“Tell General Landry the situation, as soon as you have set course for the source of the signal,” Emerson asked.

“Sir we’re approaching the co ordinates,” Kent said.

“Raise shields bring weapons on stand by,” Emerson ordered.

Their was a flash of hyperspace then the odyssey appeared back into real space faced by 6 Ha’tak vessels 3 on each side firing plasma blasts at each other.

“Sir incoming transmission,” Kent reported.

“On screen,” Emerson ordered.

An image of a Jaffa appeared on the view screen in front of them.

“Leave now or suffer the same fate as the these Lucian alliance scum,” The Jaffa said.

“The high council aren’t going to like you going around attacking possible allies,” Emerson said.

“And why would we care about the High council, the only guidance w need is from the ori,” The Jaffa said again just before the screen went black.

“Arm weapons, open fire on the lead ship,” Emerson said.

There was a noise of something powering up just before the head of the Daedalus class vessel began to unleash bolts of blue plasma cannon one every few seconds. Within moments the 3 vessels began to turn their attention to the odyssey leaving them open to the fire from the Lucian alliance vessels.

“Report,” Emerson ordered.

“Shields at 92% the Lucian alliance vessels are beginning to lose their shields,” Kent said.

The combined fire from the Ha’tak vessels and the Odyssey was now more then enough to take down the shields of the Jaffa ships. Allowing blue and yellow plasma blasts to be absorbed by the hull causing a mass of secondary explosions engulfing the ships.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Tom, if the ability to use the upgrades against the asgard is their concern, a beliskner type weapon on our ship would do significant damage, yet it would be incapable of harming O'neills.

why can our ships fire blue bolts all of a sudden?

and i found the combat scene very confusing.

von newman devices are crazy, tom. they are a deus ex machina, superweapon and endgame device in one. except that they will annihilate anything within their reach for maximum growth. in the milky way, that's ultra-crazy.

if you want a technological threat for the ori, use replicators. after those many years of war, combined with Atlantean experiences, ancient technology, and the asgard counter warfare, they sure have to understand a lot about Replicator technology. the best form is the block form, the nanite form is too dangerous. i would love to see a rogue asgard like Loki give a replicator queen (deactivated) to a rogue group of humans and possibly jaffa and some extra races. anyway, they dial the supergate, go to a resource-rich toxic or uninhabitable planet6, ditch it and activate it. only command is to kill ori.

Tom, you see the shock on the ori troop's faces in AOT when the prior was not only powerless, but also killed? they had SG1 in their grip, yet once they saw it, they surrendered.

Comment

nice story dboy,

but were will the lucian alliance stand in this war?
                        will they be like the enemy of my enemy is my friend or are they our will the be our enemy as well as the ori?

Comment

i'd prefer a pain in the mik'ta.

Lucian alliance shouldn't be friends. infact, they'd be much like todd. if they DO help, it's for their own reasons. and the ori are not uberdangerous to them

Comment

That's an Idea I like, the LA like Todd, also they should slowly become more smart instead of fools. I know you can't grow a brain overnight but, a slow but steady increase in their strategies and slowly getting more intelligent should be possible.

As for the Pegasus side of this story, perhaps the Coalition of Planets could slowly start to really do something.

I suppose Atlantis will have to relocate again and then start to use that world to create a small power base. Perhaps even start to build some underground cities like the Genii use. Perhaps we can get some Tok'ra crystals to begin to make those underground bases. And in those bases we can start to create some production facilities, produce bullets perhaps some medicines. We perhaps could even hide Atlantis in it, thus hiding us even better then now, but the cloak will do if not possible.

We could perhaps even get some Goa'uld tech here disassembled then shipped throe the gate, then use some of that to provide some basic infra structure. The Genii would also be a good source of getting nukes, which we could then also use to trade for other things with the Milkyway resistance.

We could even get the Travellers to help us, they might even be inclined to be on a planet where Atlantis resides and where there are the resources needed to get the weapons and other materials/technologies we may need.
                            Last edited by locutes; 08 December 2009, 08:25 AM.

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

i'd prefer to leave atlantis out. we can take 8% of it's database on harddisks, surely over the years, the entire database has been copied and sent to earth, and probably copied again and given to the asgard.

what i would like to see is raiding earth. think about an SG team or two being beamed into a nuke storage facility, where they tag the nukes and then the cloaked Odyssey beams them out.

similar on food stores and metal factories etc.

the LA should definately become smarter, something easily done by getting a smart person in command. then, the power of the LA already tenfolds.

Comment

well raiding Earth is not going to be hard.

But we need to get our infrastructure back up and running, and since we now no longer have control over Earth and virtually lost most of that infrastructure we should build new infrastructure.

And since the Tau'ri resistance is spread out over Pegasus and the Milkyway, we should build atleast some infrastructure in both galaxies. Starting to use some hidden bases like the Genii and Tok'ra do would simply be prudent. Also when we get enough men from Earth, Atlantis too should b resupplied and given some more personnel.

I personally suggest the Asgard take an interrest in Atlantis and send a small science team to uncover some of the tech, and perhaps find a way to solve their problem. And in return we get supplies from them, to both galaxies

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X