Carter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter?

Why is carter going on missions? She's the commander of the military contingent on atlantis. She should stay on atlantis. The few missions weir went on actually required her skillset that nobody else we know of had.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
    Why is carter going on missions? She's the commander of the military contingent on atlantis. She should stay on atlantis. The few missions weir went on actually required her skillset that nobody else we know of had.
    Carter can go offworld as the need arises and each time she did her skills were needed.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

So far, Carter's been off world twice.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
        So far, Carter's been off world twice.
        Three times. Twice in BAMSR.

I do agree that it's a problem having her go offworld in combat situations, since she is the base commander. Jack never did that, Landry never did that, Hammond only did it once. And all of them were military. However, I don't think going off world for negotions or scientific treks is a problem.

And it's kind of a moot point now, since
        Spoiler:
        she'll be gone next season.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

In BAMSR, her expertise was good to have aboard on of the ships even if it was a combat situation.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            In BAMSR, her expertise was good to have aboard on of the ships even if it was a combat situation.
            But she is the base commander! No matter what kind of skills she has, the base commander's job is to stay on base and send her people into combat.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Jack never did that, Landry never did that, Hammond only did it once.
              Jack went offworld for the time ship, Landry went offworld to question a prior, and Hammond went offworld several times (including the time he flew an antiquated death glider).

And all of them were military.
              Sam is in the military.

Part of the problem with Weir was that she was stuck on the base all the time. It makes a lot more sense for Carter to go offworld then it did for Weir. Just wait and see. There might be a good reason for Carter to go offworld. Why else would she just be with Keller and Mckay?

Comment

Originally posted by geewillie86 View Post
                Jack went offworld for the time ship, Landry went offworld to question a prior, and Hammond went offworld several times (including the time he flew an antiquated death glider).
                But I said in combat situations. None of those, except for the time Hammond flew the death glider, were combat situations.

There might be a good reason for Carter to go offworld. Why else would she just be with Keller and Mckay?
                If you're talking about Trio, then from what I know of the episode, I don't have a problem with her going off world in that situation. She's obviously not going into combat, otherwise she wouldn't be taking just Keller and McKay with her.
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

Three times. Twice in BAMSR.

I do agree that it's a problem having her go offworld in combat situations, since she is the base commander. Jack never did that, Landry never did that, Hammond only did it once. And all of them were military. However, I don't think going off world for negotions or scientific treks is a problem.

And it's kind of a moot point now, since
                  Spoiler:
                  she'll be gone next season.
                  O'Neill, Hammond and Landry were all Generals.
                  Carter is a Colonel.

Therein lies the difference.
                  : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                  : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                    O'Neill, Hammond and Landry were all Generals.
                    Carter is a Colonel.

Therein lies the difference.
                    Both are commanders of their respective base. I don't see the difference. If Sheppard were the base commander, I would be saying the same thing about him.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

Both are commanders of their respective base. I don't see the difference. If Sheppard were the base commander, I would be saying the same thing about him.
                      I agree there's no difference
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Actually I find it amusing that people comment on Sam going offworld a few times when Shep was illogically the military commander AND a team leader and was off base a lot. If one can do it why can't the other????
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Actually I find it amusing that people comment on Sam going offworld a few times when Shep was illogically the military commander AND a team leader and was off base a lot. If one can do it why can't the other????
                          Shep may have been military commander, but he was not the leader. That was Weir, and she didn't go off base on combat missions either, obviously.

I'm just saying Sam should have to abide by the same rules that Jack, Hammond, and Landry abided by.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

Shep may have been military commander, but he was not the leader. That was Weir, and she didn't go off base on combat missions either, obviously.

I'm just saying Sam should have to abide by the same rules that Jack, Hammond, and Landry abided by.
                            But not the ones Shep does, ooooooooookay.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              But not the ones Shep does, ooooooooookay.
                              Carter is not in the same position as Shep is or was. If Carter and Sheppard's positions were reversed and Sheppard was base commander and Carter in Shep's position, I would be saying the same thing about Sheppard - that he should be staying on base.
                              Last edited by Killdeer; 08 February 2008, 06:53 PM.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X