Carter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Actually I find it amusing that people comment on Sam going offworld a few times when Shep was illogically the military commander AND a team leader and was off base a lot. If one can do it why can't the other????
    because like you said Shep was both military commander AND team leader, Sam is JUST base commander

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Shep may have been military commander, but he was not the leader. That was Weir, and she didn't go off base on combat missions either, obviously.
    true but let's say something happens to Atlantis and Shep's off world. if Weir requires military assistance with whatever then in this case it's Shep's 2IC who'd be calling the shots

I'm just saying Sam should have to abide by the same rules that Jack, Hammond, and Landry abided by.
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Both are commanders of their respective base. I don't see the difference. If Sheppard were the base commander, I would be saying the same thing about him.
      The reason you can't see the difference is because you are treating Atlantis like the SGC. This is why the rank of the commanding officer gives away the difference.
      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
        The reason you can't see the difference is because you are treating Atlantis like the SGC. This is why the rank of the commanding officer gives away the difference.
        Whether it is the SGC or Atlantis, both situations need a leader who stays on base. Whether that is Hammond, Landry, Weir, or Carter.

If Caldwell or Sheppard were leading Atlantis, I would expect the same thing of them. The rank makes no difference.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Whether it is the SGC or Atlantis, both situations need a leader who stays on base. Whether that is Hammond, Landry, Weir, or Carter.

If Caldwell or Sheppard were leading Atlantis, I would expect the same thing of them. The rank makes no difference.
          I see your point but they are allowed to go offworld if the situation calls for it. IMO the situations she went offworld did.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            I see your point but they are allowed to go offworld if the situation calls for it. IMO the situations she went offworld did.
            I agree. Sam went offworld in Reunion, BAMSR and Trio, those were necessary trips
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Again, you are missing it. Atlantis isnt a "base". Its a secondary command post. An Outpost. Its not as high up in the chain of command as SGC is, which is why the SGC is run by a General. Atlantis has a Col in charge so it is more like the Alpha Site, or Daedalus. Think MASH. Did Col. Potter sit behind the desk the whole time he was there? No.

She is not a "Base Commander" - She is Commanding Officer of an outpost. That is where you are making the error that is leading to a false conclusion.
              : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
              : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

But I said in combat situations. None of those, except for the time Hammond flew the death glider, were combat situations.
                Going onto a planet where a System Lord is about to arrive with his merry band of Jaffa isnt a combat situation? Going back in time to steal a ZPM from the Supreme System Lord isn't a combat situation?
                Spoiler:
                Going on a ship to the Asgard home planet with no means of backup isn't a potential combat situation?

Well, now we know...

Comment

Working...
                X