Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    lost job?? was she offered a role in lost
    Yep. She apparently didn't want to go to Hawaii and be on one of the best dramas in television history. She decided to stay in California and be closer to her friends instead, IIRC.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
      Sylar wears on me but only because of Maya. She is such a nitwit. She really awakens my violent side because I really really want to hit her. I would actually cheer if Sylar ate her brains.
      maybe that's why that story line bugs me so much.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
        Have you ever punched safety glass? Its not made to break easily either. Claire doesn't have the ability or power to punch through that glass. It would have just been better if Elle shot her w/ lightning and Claire healed. At least I would have liked that more.

O and the more I think about the happier I am about this writers strike. At least Heroes can get an entire rewrite for volume 3.
        And if she had the strength to break it, it would indeed cut her hands. it is still glass afterall. hell, even sharp plastic will cut you.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
          And if she had the strength to break it, it would indeed cut her hands. it is still glass afterall. hell, even sharp plastic will cut you.
          IIRC safety glass isn't sharp at all. That's why I was wondering about that. It's about 10x stronger then regular glass. So would hurt like hell, but I doubt it would make you bleed. I tried google but couldn't find an answer

I betting Bob dies, he seems evilish to me. I have a feeling he's working with Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
            I break thin wood in my TKD classes and I am more likely to break my hand then break more than 3 boards at a time. Safety glass would break my hand before I broke through a closed window. Its just not easy to break.

And I'm also 6'4" 230 and have a knock out right hand. It takes years to develop the necessary strength in your hand to break something as strong as safety glass. It would be akin to her walking up to a cinder block and breaking it. She'd just break her hand.

And honestly she wouldn't have had it go into her hand like that anyway. Safety glass doesn't break into sharp edges. That is why its used in cars. If someone goes through the window they won't get all cut up by the glass.

Comment

I saw this again last night on MOJO. Its on Comcast and it reruns the episodes every Weds and Thursday. This is the first time I was able to catch it on a Weds and I couldn't watch the entire episode. I have nothing wrong with the acting. I think they all do a really good job protraying their characters but these writers are horrendous.

This episode really only works if everyone on there turned into an idiot. It also shows a major weakness in the Heroes concept. Kring and his people are writing solely on an emotional response. There is no plot development at all so if a scene is not shocking then its a wash. In order to create the shocking moment they have to condense a major plot point to a few sentences. It works for the casual viewer but it kills the scene or arc if anyone thinks about it or worse talks about the plot with a friend.

Comment

I agree about the difficulty of trying to break safety glass with only your fist. Heck, a cop had to smash the window of my sister's car when she locked her keys in it and his billy club bounced off it. They had to borrow a hatchet to break it and it still took a couple of tries.

However, as for safety glass not being sharp enough to cut, that may be true, but unless she has very tough knuckles just the act of smashing into something with your fist would probably split the skin, and the tougher it is the more likely it is to split.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  I agree about the difficulty of trying to break safety glass with only your fist. Heck, a cop had to smash the window of my sister's car when she locked her keys in it and his billy club bounced off it. They had to borrow a hatchet to break it and it still took a couple of tries.
                  Maybe super strength is part of Claire's abilities that she doesn't know about yet. Like Matt's mind control over just reading minds.

I have a feeling that some of the heroes (that don't dies) will have their powers increase significantly and maybe expand.

Anywho, If your body can regenerate, I don't thinks its much of a stretch to be a little stronger as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Well that seems wasteful, why didn't he use a slim jim, or call a locksmith?
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      Well that seems wasteful, why didn't he use a slim jim, or call a locksmith?
                      Slimjim didn't work. Believe me, the breaking was a last resort, but there was also the issue of her being on a ferry at the time, so it was either get the car off NOW or she was heading back to the other side.

Comment

Good episode. Wouldn't be surprisd if sylar took mayas plague ability. A little too short though. If elle has control over electromagnetism, couln't she possibly hover ilently and possibly stop bullets in mid air?
                        http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

1. To be fair to Peter, Victoria was acting like the more dangerous individual here, though yeah he could have read Adam's mind.

2. How in the hell did Sylar pull that stunt off without having killed Alejandro previously?

3. Mohinder gets the moron of the week award!

4. Where Claire's plotline is going I'm not sure.

5. No good can go down in New Orleans.

Interesting ep!
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Sylar getting old fast

Comment

Hiro is a great show............
                              I like the Hero in this show.The acting of Many characters are stupid in this season.........

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                                Good episode, though the Maya/Siler/Alejandro storyline is beyond predictable. Like evil Claire. Who wants to guess on who the two fallen heroes will be?
                                Niki and Alejandro.. BOTH i would love to be dead by the end of this season!
                                Niki cause i can't stand that she went back to the SAME company who was controlling her (via linderman). And Alejandro, cause he just seems to stupid.

Originally posted by Snord View Post
                                I thought that was a great episode. There were a few things that irritated me to no end. Peter is really gullible-to the point that I believe if someone asked him for his social security number, credit card number, date of birth, and used the phrase 'its to save the world' he would give it up in a heart beat. Why would he not use telepathy on Adam to find his intent after Victoria goes to that much trouble to kill Adam and label Peter so quickly for being around Adam?
                                It seems Peter's powers are not fully controllable by him. Some just seem to kick in on their own (such as when he shunted into the future), while others seem to kick in under duress. So maybe he couldn't read Andy's mind.

I understand that the plot must move on, but the dialogoe between Hiro and Peter was way too short-it can be summed like this: Peter: "OMG Hiro waz up!?" Hiro: "Not much, came to kill that blonde dude behind you for killing my father-" Peter: "Nu uh, I'm PRO-tecting him" Hiro: "Well instead of explaining why he's a bad dude, I'm going give a huge scream and run into you with a sword". Peter doesn't yell 'wait' or 'stop', suspend him in air with telekinesis, or even attempt to understand more about why his old friend would just go into kill mode without explaining himself more! Peter just puts up the lightning hand for epic win...
                                Agreed. That fight was lame.. AND i was dumbfounded that Hiro wouldn't even try to explain himself (or peter)..

One last thing: Sylar knows where Suresh lives because its the same apartment as last season when he invaded it and the same apartment that Mohinder's father lived in. Sylar + phonebook = No
                                Yea, that was Majorly dumb!

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                                Peter's becoming an obnoxious immortal who, with every new episode is resembling Keanu Reeves more and more ("I can do everything with bad emotion acting".). The attention has been given to the wrong Petrelli, in my opinion.
                                One thing i DO wonder though.. It seems his lip 'droops' to one side when he speaks.. Does he have some sort of disformity/nerve issue causing it??

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Hopefully claire will follow through with her threat and the world will know the big secrete next season presuming the writers do not leave their picket line or if they decide they have had enough fun making videos on youtube and start writing again.
                                I too would LOVE it if / when they do the big reveal.

Comment

Working...
                                X