No announcement yet.

Truth & Consequences (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, I still love the show, but the only characters that haven't been acting stupid lately are Noah, Ando, Nathan, Parkman, Adam, and Sylar. And to be honest, Adam and Sylar don't really need to be cunning to outsmart their opposition: Peter and Maya.

Noah has to put up with Mohinder's idiocy, Hiro was alright until he charged Peter and I think he should listen to Ando when he says slow down. I don't like how Hiro's disregarding Ando this season. They made James Kyson Lee a regular so Hiro could pop up and say "what's up" to him now and again? Nathan needs to come in and slap Peter upside the face, and we need some more Parkman/Nathan duo action. I really hope neither of them bite it, but I have a feeling one will (not sure which, if it has to be one of them I prefer keeping Nathan around over Parkman).

At least Alejandro's dead, raising the average IQ of the cast of characters a slight bit.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Blah set up. talk about wasting the momentum of the show before it. I know this is most likely needed for the next ep but the pacing was very much lacking.

Also the maya skyler storyline still isn't doing much for me and I don't think i'm alone in that.
      "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by sylaryuu View Post
        Does anyone know who played the young Victoria Pratt?

Here's her picture on the website
        Victoria Pratt

I thought it was Jaime Ray Newman (Lt. Cadman from SGA) but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
        I thought that too.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1 View Post
          Really, I still love the show, but the only characters that haven't been acting stupid lately are Noah, Ando, Nathan, Parkman, Adam, and Sylar. And to be honest, Adam and Sylar don't really need to be cunning to outsmart their opposition: Peter and Maya.

Noah has to put up with Mohinder's idiocy, Hiro was alright until he charged Peter and I think he should listen to Ando when he says slow down. I don't like how Hiro's disregarding Ando this season. They made James Kyson Lee a regular so Hiro could pop up and say "what's up" to him now and again? Nathan needs to come in and slap Peter upside the face, and we need some more Parkman/Nathan duo action. I really hope neither of them bite it, but I have a feeling one will (not sure which, if it has to be one of them I prefer keeping Nathan around over Parkman).

At least Alejandro's dead, raising the average IQ of the cast of characters a slight bit.
          I agree 100%. It is almost sin how they got rid of Nathan/Matt story when they both became so interesting in the beginning. But they prefered to let babble West annoying fly boy romantic nonsenses to Claire and kept Peter without memory and brain. Focusing on Maya yelling "Alejandroooo!" constantly, and then let him die.

I don't think the one dying is Nathan. Adrian Pasdar said that
          Spoiler:
          Nathan should develop some relationship with Claire in Volume 3.
          So I hope they didn't change it.
          Spoiler:
          And I also read that the hero who died wasn't too well recieved in S2.
          So my guess is Nikki or Maya.
          And I hope Matt stays, too. Him, Nathan and Noah seem as the only one who go behind some goals, ask questions and solve something.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

My tips for who dies would be Maya and Michas cousin (forgott her name )

Neither of these characters has managed to become popular and quite frankly their stories arent interesting at all.

As for this weeks episode I really liked it, things are finally in motion. I´ll admit that Peter is acting stupidly but then again the woman just shot Adam without warning (and Peter as well) and was the one who developed the virus so it´s understandable that Peter could believe her to be a bad person. I personally think that Peter wanted to hear Hiro out but Hiro didn´t even try to explain anything, just rushed forward so naturally Peter is going to defend Adam until he knows the truth (instead of maybe just suspecting it).

Syler continues to stay in character, I really hope he will kill Maya in the next episode. Mohinder would have to be a bloody moron to actually heal Syler, it would make a lot more sense to inject him with a poison rather then the cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
              My tips for who dies would be Maya and Michas cousin (forgott her name )

Neither of these characters has managed to become popular and quite frankly their stories arent interesting at all.

As for this weeks episode I really liked it, things are finally in motion. I´ll admit that Peter is acting stupidly but then again the woman just shot Adam without warning (and Peter as well) and was the one who developed the virus so it´s understandable that Peter could believe her to be a bad person. I personally think that Peter wanted to hear Hiro out but Hiro didn´t even try to explain anything, just rushed forward so naturally Peter is going to defend Adam until he knows the truth (instead of maybe just suspecting it).

Syler continues to stay in character, I really hope he will kill Maya in the next episode. Mohinder would have to be a bloody moron to actually heal Syler, it would make a lot more sense to inject him with a poison rather then the cure.
              i dunno i think maya may become more interesting now. I think sylar is leading her down a pretty dark path. I'm not sure he'll succeed in taking her power.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                I hate to say it, but from a writer's perspective Nathan's story is looking pretty stagnant to me right now. And Niki's is moving at a turtle's pace.
                Sad, but true. If I'd known all they were going to do was waste his character for the entire season then maybe I wouldn't have been as upset at the prospect of him getting killed off in the S1 finale. But to have him survive just for this? Maybe it's the very fact that they haven't turned him into an idiot that's the biggest sign of his impending doom.

I don't think it would be a loss to kill off Maya's character because her story has been pretty pointless and disconnected so far. The "killing everyone when I panic/get angry" thing could be a cool power in terms of seeing a "nice guy" character try to come to grips with an ability that's basically evil and can't be used for good purposes. Instead we get Maya, who gets all weepy and panicky over it... in nearly every episode. It's an understandable reaction- to a point, but we passed that point weeks ago. Will she start to become interesting now that she's in Sylar's grip? Maybe, but I still think it's too late and the fact that she is in his grip makes the whole thing unpalatable to me. Probably because of her blind devotion to someone who's inherently evil- she and Peter have a lot in common. I can't stand willfully stupid characters, which is why I've had so much trouble with this season: so many of them are acting stupid. *sigh* I hope it stops next season.

St. Joan would be a bold choice, but I think she's still enough of a kid to be safe, plus they only introduced her this season and unlike Maya she's actually coming to terms with her power and finding uses for it.

Frankly, I'm not sure how much I really care about who does or doesn't die. With the way the show has been going, killing someone off would almost be a mercy: at least it'd prevent the writers from (further) decimating the character.

Comment

I actually don't think Nikki is gonna bite it. There still seems be a few things the writer's want to do with her, for example: the Gina personality, we haven't seen a whole lot of her. I don't think it'll be Maya either unfortunately. Ironically those are the two I would like to see go. I have nothing against the Nikki character or Ali Larter, she's a great actor, its just that Nikki's story doesn't really seem to be going anywhere interesting. And as for Maya, well, that's pretty self-explanatory...
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I think it's going to be Niki who dies, all her ties have been neatly wrapped up. She claims her alternates are gone. Her husband is dead and her son has found a new maternal substitute more in line with his thinking. The man who plotted her life with D.L. is dead...she no longer has any connections to anyone.

I don't think Maya's going to die, unfortunately, and I'm really concerned it will be Nathan...though what the hell's the point of saving his life only to ignore him and kill him off. As much as I love him...that has no impact at all.

The only other candidates I can think of are Bob, Adam and Angela. They are all that remains of the original company but I can't see them wiping out the company all together so Bob may survive this one. Which leaves Adam and Angela... I don't think they'll kill Adam, he has too much potential. Angela however...is a possibility but Nathan still ranks higher on the easy to kill list.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Seriously, if they kill off Nathan, I quit watching. I hate to admit it but when I am watching new episodes every week, I can´t wait to see Nathan. And so far...nothing. It´s bad, bad and bad. He had so big potential from the beginning. His way to find a redemption, his change, all of that. His and Matt´s stories were the brightest in the beginning of the season. I don´t know whay they brought new characters when they are not interesting at all. Even Elle, who seemed to be main attraction. I don´t want Heroes to become second Lost, where they introduced tons of characters but barely two or three stayed interesting.
                      But as I wrote above,
                      Spoiler:
                      Adrian Pasdar said in one interview that he should develop a relationship with Claire in second half of S2
                      Whatever is second half of S2 or the S3, I think this might be intersting. And I don´t think they would kill any of Petrellis and I mean all, Peter, Nathan, Angela or Claire. They are kind of the main plot there. IMO.
                      Even that Peter became annoying that I want to see him die (or find his brain ) and they forget about Nathan.

ooops, sorry for this OT but I think I just tried to react to previous posts

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Like the episode but I hate the train wreck that is the Silar storyline. I really hope someone finally offs him.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                          Like the episode but I hate the train wreck that is the Silar storyline. I really hope someone finally offs him.
                          Sylar wears on me but only because of Maya. She is such a nitwit. She really awakens my violent side because I really really want to hit her. I would actually cheer if Sylar ate her brains.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Elle ... poor Kristen Bell really should have taken the Lost job instead!
                            lost job?? was she offered a role in lost
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                              Plot hole?? punching through glass, Would it really cutup your hand? In movies they show it all the time, but it's supposed to be safety glass which doesn't have sharp edges.
                              Have you ever punched safety glass? Its not made to break easily either. Claire doesn't have the ability or power to punch through that glass. It would have just been better if Elle shot her w/ lightning and Claire healed. At least I would have liked that more.

O and the more I think about the happier I am about this writers strike. At least Heroes can get an entire rewrite for volume 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                And I also read that the hero who died wasn't too well recieved in S2.
                                So my guess is Nikki or Maya.
                                And I hope Matt stays, too. Him, Nathan and Noah seem as the only one who go behind some goals, ask questions and solve something.
                                West anyone?

Also maybe the solution for Peter is to find a hero whose power is superintelligence, and have him stand near that hero.
                                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                                X