No announcement yet.

Cameron Mitchell & Carolyn Lam Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm just giving her props for attempting a CC vid Of course...now it makes me want to make one I've even picked out a song...and I'm attempting to "obtain" the remaining three Carolyn episodes. But I'm really going to have to dig deep to come up with some good material!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Yeah, I'm just giving her props for attempting a CC vid Of course...now it makes me want to make one I've even picked out a song...and I'm attempting to "obtain" the remaining three Carolyn episodes. But I'm really going to have to dig deep to come up with some good material!

-Stef
      Steal close up clips from Andromeda!!!!
      banner by Stef

Comment

Hey, I knew I had this thread saved in my favorites Just thought I'd let people know that I wrote a C/C tag for "The Powers That Be."

Title: Persistence
        Pairing: Cameron/Carolyn
        Rating: G
        Summary: Carolyn reflects on her growing connection to Cameron during "The Powers That Be."
        Word Count: 1,239

Also, I am pondering over a new video idea (yeah, not the last one I mentioned) and I was wondering if people knew of any Carolyn clips I could use? The ones I know the best are Av2-TPTB, TFH2, Talion, and Family Ties. Anybody know others to use? It's going to mostly be about Cam...and Carolyn kinda of "saving him." Here's a snippet of lyrics:

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing. With a broken heart that's still beating. In the pain there is healing. In your name I find meaning. So I'm holding on. I'm holding on. I'm holding on. I'm barely holding onto you.

It's going to be about Cam's struggles and then how Carolyn fits into that. The idea is still iffy at this point, but I'm excited about this song and think it's a lot more "do-able" than my last one. Hopefully I can do it! But any help from you fellow C/C fans would be of great help to me

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Cute story Stef I think I wrote a comment before sighs I don't think this ship has any chance of happening because I think I read Lexa nixed this idea but that's ok it will live on in my personal canon/AU where I am in control

in the charity auction at the michaelshanksonline both BB and LD signed a picture and they wrote some things about it

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/..._item106.shtml
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            Cute story Stef I think I wrote a comment before sighs I don't think this ship has any chance of happening because I think I read Lexa nixed this idea but that's ok it will live on in my personal canon/AU where I am in control

in the charity auction at the michaelshanksonline both BB and LD signed a picture and they wrote some things about it

Ha! Cute Found this one of MS/BB/LD as well: on eBay (with a description)

LD nixed the idea of C/C? When? And any idea why? Was it after TPTB decided not to go down that route and she was just saying it wouldn't happen...or did she actually object to the pairing?

-Stef

Comment

It was a awhile ago when I read it she said BB is my husband's Dopplenganger so she nixed the idea oh well. I don't hold a grudge like some fans do when an actor doesn't like the ship I can do anything I want in my AU. I am thinking about getting Andromeda when I have money and a job cause I want to see more of LD we really didn't get to see that much of her on SG-1

The reason I like this ship so much for both characters I could see Cam getting Carolyn to let her hair down and I think Cam likes smart women I could never see Cam and Amy working because I think he would get too bored with her. I don't think he would ever get bored with Carolyn.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

It was a awhile ago when I read it she said BB is my husband's Dopplenganger so she nixed the idea oh well. I don't hold a grudge like some fans do when an actor doesn't like the ship I can do anything I want in my AU. I am thinking about getting Andromeda when I have money and a job cause I want to see more of LD we really didn't get to see that much of her on SG-1

The reason I like this ship so much for both characters I could see Cam getting Carolyn to let her hair down and I think Cam likes smart women I could never see Cam and Amy working because I think he would get too bored with her. I don't think he would ever get bored with Carolyn.
                Huh, never heard that before. I always thought they played up the C/C stuff...cause most of the "looks" were of their doing not something in the script. Although if I recall, JM was a fan of C/C and tried to put subtle hints in episodes like RE (although I think the scene was cut).

Yeah, I totally agree with you on that one. I like seeing kind of opposite personality characters paired up (which is why I like D/V so much). I think Cam's easy-going nature and enthusiasm would really help Carolyn relax and enjoy things a little more. Pretty much all of my fic ideas for them revolve around that idea

-Stef

Comment

THAt was funny thanks for that Erika!

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Huh, never heard that before. I always thought they played up the C/C stuff...cause most of the "looks" were of their doing not something in the script. Although if I recall, JM was a fan of C/C and tried to put subtle hints in episodes like RE (although I think the scene was cut).

Yeah, I totally agree with you on that one. I like seeing kind of opposite personality characters paired up (which is why I like D/V so much). I think Cam's easy-going nature and enthusiasm would really help Carolyn relax and enjoy things a little more. Pretty much all of my fic ideas for them revolve around that idea

-Stef
                  There was a scene cut from Ripple effect??? Damn you PTB! I think C/C would ahve been an awesome ship pity that Lexa wasn't in heaps of episodes.

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post

There was a scene cut from Ripple effect??? Damn you PTB! I think C/C would ahve been an awesome ship pity that Lexa wasn't in heaps of episodes.
                    Yeah, according to JM (who wrote the episode), AU!Daniel was supposed to mention some restaurant and then say like "You know, where you went on your first date with..." and the implication was that it was supposed to be Carolyn. Personally, I love the idea if Cam with Carolyn, but I totally always thought that Sam/Cam was the implied AU relationship (and so did director Peter DeLuise - so that might explain something).

It sucks about the LD stuff I wish she had been in more episodes...I know they weren't planning on writing that story but I think there could have been little hints here and there. I mean, in "Talion" Cam touches Carolyn's arm - my little shippy heart was happy about that

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post

I believe the reason she wasn't in more eps was because she got pregnant with her and MS's second child and she wanted to be home which I understand

This moment Stef

I believe I snurched this from you
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh now that is pretty Erika!!!

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

So very sleepy....but thought people might be interested in this vid I made...

-Stef

Comment

I first started shipping this when I was watching my DVD's a few months ago.

I noticed this moment, and I watched a few more episodes she was in. She definitely seem more concerned about him, and they had these little lingering touches.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
                            Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

I found the article and quote

Here is a link

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...argate07.shtml

here's the quote

Is it true Carolyn is being groomed as a romantic interest for Ben Browder's Cameron Mitchell?

I don't think so. They had written we went out on a date. I think it was in Origin but it was cut because they were running over on the episodes and the mentality was, "We can revisit this or not, it doesn't do anything for the central story anyway." To be honest, it would be awkward anyway. Ben is a lovely man but he's kind of my hustand's doppelganger.

oh well I will keep it going in my AU wish we could have that deleted scene on the DVDs

sigpic

Comment

Ya-a-a-a-a-y! I'm very happy to see this thread. I thought I might be the only one who liked this couple. Glad to see I'm not!

I'm not sure when it started for me, but over the course of seasons 9 & 10 I started to see the possibility of Cam and Carolyn. I think it really got going in my head during one episode in particular (I'm so sorry, the name has escaped me -- it was the episode where Jack loaned Landry and Cam his cabin), and I just kept thinking "Wow, it's like General Landry is going on a vacation with his future son-in-law, just to check to make sure he's on the up-and-up." After that -- this ship really started looking like a real, true possibility in my mind. I would have adored seeing them become canon.

Thanks, poundpuppy29, for starting this thread!

*hugs*

~fyd~
                                My fanfic: ~fyd818 My vids: ~decatbastet SAWS: Spanky-a-Week Summer

Comment

Working...
                                X