X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROMMIE KICKS ASS HANDS DOWN WHOOT

hehe not that i am biast in any way
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

No Sun explsions, beaming blocked by andromeda Jammers:

Androemda vs. Deadlus= the Deadlus would put up quite the fight but the Andromeda would pulll out the win with barley any damege.

Andromeda vs. Galatica= The Galatica can't even handle the Deadlus, the Andromeda weapons would take out the Galatica with barley a scratch on it but the Galatica Vipers would own the Slip fighters.

Andromeda vs. Star Wars= The Andromeda can handle these ships in a one-one confertation. But a fleet of Star Destroyers could probably wear down the Andromeda.
      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
      new enemy of the Ori
      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Vipers would stand no chance against Andromeda slip fighters

Slipfighters are faster better armed and better armoured and more manoeuvrable

Comment

Originally posted by Alterran1. View Post

As much as I love Vipers, and utterly, utterly despise Andromeda as a show, I would tend to agree.

Andromeda and her support vessels were designed with a mind towards a race at the pinnacle of development, commanding a vast reach. Far, far in advance of Earth's future development.

Galactica and her support vessels were designed for a race in firm(at the time) control of their own local system. Highly experienced, with limited (in some cases, intentionally) tech. Near to mid Earth future. Generally capable in the style of fighting employed by Andromeda, but utterly outclassed by technology and scale of combat.

Daedalus, et al. are representative of Earth's relative present, exposed to hypothetical advancements from external cultures. A sudden, massive leap in technology, understood by a select few, marginal experience held by those positioned to use it, and for the time being little more than a crutch. They're faced with a fundamentally new way of fighting, something they can't comprehend. They can't win, because they never realize there's a fight at hand.
          "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
            at blanc point range and focus on 1 piont it can

but andromeda guns and missils wont hurt the daedelus ether
            the AP guns need massa to react and hitting on the shield of a daedelus class
            wont do anything at all the same for the missile`s
            That's doubtful. Railguns in the SG universe only travel at less than 25% the speed of light. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them and they would have much greater range. Andromeda's armor is designed to take impacts at much higher energy levels than 1/4c. The level of technology in Andromeda greatly outpaces just about every other Sci-Fi show from Star Wars, BSG, Stargate, and StarTrek. ST:TNG comes closest as far as the level of technology goes, but still comes up well short.

Even with Asgard enhanced or even Ancient sheilds, I doubt anything can withstand the full might of the Andromeda. The shields in the SG universe block out mass (physical objects) and energy (beam weapons). However, in the Andromeda universe, they've harnessed the power of the graviton to manipulate mass and therefore black holes. Andromeda could easily shoot a few missiles that weighed as much as two dozen Ori motherships if not more. I wouldn't want that crashing onto my shields even if they were Ancient designed. Drones can be easily taken down by point defense lasers I think. They move relatively slow even compared to rail gun fire.

Like others have said, the mastery of relativistic speeds and manuverability of the Andromeda Ascendant puts it far beyond anything in other sci-fi shows. To be honest, I think that was one of the major weaknesses of the show. It's not very interesting when you're the baddest dog in the yard.

Actually, Andromeda's way of space combat is probably much more realistic than even Stargate. Think about the direction the USAF is going in terms of air superiority, and that extrapolates out pretty well to how Andromeda fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean Engineer View Post
              That's doubtful. Railguns in the SG universe only travel at less than 25% the speed of light. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them and they would have much greater range. Andromeda's armor is designed to take impacts at much higher energy levels than 1/4c. The level of technology in Andromeda greatly outpaces just about every other Sci-Fi show from Star Wars, BSG, Stargate, and StarTrek. ST:TNG comes closest as far as the level of technology goes, but still comes up well short.

Even with Asgard enhanced or even Ancient sheilds, I doubt anything can withstand the full might of the Andromeda. The shields in the SG universe block out mass (physical objects) and energy (beam weapons). However, in the Andromeda universe, they've harnessed the power of the graviton to manipulate mass and therefore black holes. Andromeda could easily shoot a few missiles that weighed as much as two dozen Ori motherships if not more. I wouldn't want that crashing onto my shields even if they were Ancient designed. Drones can be easily taken down by point defense lasers I think. They move relatively slow even compared to rail gun fire.

Like others have said, the mastery of relativistic speeds and manuverability of the Andromeda Ascendant puts it far beyond anything in other sci-fi shows. To be honest, I think that was one of the major weaknesses of the show. It's not very interesting when you're the baddest dog in the yard.

Actually, Andromeda's way of space combat is probably much more realistic than even Stargate. Think about the direction the USAF is going in terms of air superiority, and that extrapolates out pretty well to how Andromeda fights.
              I agree, TNG comes close but not that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Alterran1. View Post

I actually agree, I was trying to give Galactica something but oh well. I'll just give it credit for being a cheesy soap opera
                Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                new enemy of the Ori
                At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Star Trek doesn't come anywhere near the level of technology as Stargate.

Stargate deals with Wormholes, extremely fast FTL travel, advanced ships and weapons, Star Trek is a downgrade of all of those things.

The premise for Voyager itself was that we were trapped 60000 light years away, right?

Odyssey with the "upgrades" could cover that distance in almost no time.

The stargate universe simply was designed for all of its technology to be extremely advanced, having been designed by races that had millions of years to perfect their technology.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

thats wrong
                    the only advantage stargate ships have is speed

Comment

Hey not to destroy the bubble you are all in but its not real.haha. Nah im worse trust me. In Star Trek the typical phaser output is about 14 times more powerful than the output of even an Ori energy weapon. And also the Star Trek shields are a lot more powerful. But i do love the Stargate ships, they travel faster e.t.c and look better tbh.HAHA!!!

Also the daedalus could defeat Andromeda, Andromeda does not have defensiuve shields that match that of the Daedalus, also the daedalus weapon systems put out an equivalent power ouytput of 46*10 to thepower of indicie 9. Meaning if they were put into joules it would be about 40,000,000,000 J enough to power small cities. And blow a huge whole in any ship. Ancient drones can travel to high speeds, and can expenentially pass that of any of Andromedas weapons. Also they would dodge any anti weapon systems!!!

Also Andromeda is a cool ship, but no match for most other vessels. She might fair well in a battle with a tholian waste barge, but not a cruiser ship. Id love to see the Daedalus up against a Borg cube though just to see how much damage it would be able to do.LOL!!!

Comment

Daedalus weapans dont have the range to reach Andromeda in a fight

It can survive hits from black holes

nothing that stargate ships have can take it out without being completely destroyed by Andromeda

It has multiple weapans

Advanced point defence system Ie Daddelus missles would be shot down before they where even close

And the railguns wouldnt even dent the ship

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Archer View Post
                          Hey not to destroy the bubble you are all in but its not real.haha. Nah im worse trust me. In Star Trek the typical phaser output is about 14 times more powerful than the output of even an Ori energy weapon. And also the Star Trek shields are a lot more powerful. But i do love the Stargate ships, they travel faster e.t.c and look better tbh.HAHA!!!

Also the daedalus could defeat Andromeda, Andromeda does not have defensiuve shields that match that of the Daedalus, also the daedalus weapon systems put out an equivalent power ouytput of 46*10 to thepower of indicie 9. Meaning if they were put into joules it would be about 40,000,000,000 J enough to power small cities. And blow a huge whole in any ship. Ancient drones can travel to high speeds, and can expenentially pass that of any of Andromedas weapons. Also they would dodge any anti weapon systems!!!

Also Andromeda is a cool ship, but no match for most other vessels. She might fair well in a battle with a tholian waste barge, but not a cruiser ship. Id love to see the Daedalus up against a Borg cube though just to see how much damage it would be able to do.LOL!!!
                          Interesting statements, proof please?
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Andromeda has a huge advantage with having a conscious artificial intelligence. Not only that, she is a lot bigger, has a larger complement missiles, fighters & crew (approx 4,000). Plus with the GFGs is highly manoeuvrable.

Did anyone notice how they launch the slipfighters? Pretty similar to how they launch the the Vipers on Battlestar Galactica don't you think?
                            sigpic
                            "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                            Signature made by RJB

Comment

Andromeda weighs pretty much nothing therefore can out mananver any starship in any sci fi show

Comment

Umm, Ouroboros, why do you have an Andromeda Ep. name for your name if you hate Andromeda? (just curious, does it mean something else too?)

Anyway, here are the battle as I see it:

Andromeda Ascendant (in top condition; full crew, full armament, all repaired) vs. Daedelus (battle-ready; full power, extra arament, 12 F-302s)

Hours:Minutes: Seconds

00:00:0 Andromeda spots Daedelus from over 500 LM (light-minutes) away using sensors boosted by sensor drones.

00:00:1 Daedelus spots three objects (the sensor drones, but they don't know that) on the outer edge of its sensors.

00:01:0 Andromeda launches attack drones which reach Deadelus in around 10 minutes.

00:07:0 Deadelus spots the drones and detects what may be a weapons buildup, so Cauldwell raises shields.

00:11:0 The drones reach Daedelus and open fire with AP cannons.

00:12:0 Daedelus reports no damage to the shield (AP won't affect shields, only the ships hull

00:12:5 Hunt learns, to his amazement, that the AP cannons impacted on an energy field approximately 100 yds. from the hull.

00:13:0 Shepphard takes Dagger Squadron out of the ship and engages the drones

00:13:5 Andromeda orders the drones to break off Daedelus and target the fighers

00:14:0 Daggers-4 and 6 are instantly destroyed by AP fire from the drones, but Shep and Dg-2 manage to take out two drones each with their first pairs of missiles. Dg-3 and Dg-5 take out the remaining two drones.

00:15:0 The Andromeda Ascendant has closed to 100 LM and Hunt orders Valentine and Rhade to take out two squadrons of Slip-Fighters (36 fighters per Squadron, see 'Home Fires')

00:16:0 Shep takes Dgs 2, 3, &5 along with Blue Squadron (the other six F-302s) and engages the slip fighters.

00:16:1 Valentine takes out Dg-2, and Bl-1 and 3 are killed as well.

00:16:15 Shep takes down two Slp-Fgts with his first two shots, and takes out anouther comming around.

00:17:0 Hunt orders an Argosy-2 flight Pattern with a full missile spread targeting the Daedelus

00:17:05 Cauldwell orders the crew to open fire on the Andromeda Ascendant with the two main railguns and all missile batteries, and to target the slipfighters with the auxilliary railguins.

00:18:0 Andromeda sails right past Daedelus' first salvo, and PDLs (Point defense lasers) take out the railgun slugs. Andromeda's first salvo tears Daedelus' shields to pieces, and the second spread takes out half her railgun emplacements and missile launchers.

00:18:55 Cauldwell orders Hermiod to beam a nuke on board Andromeda, and a massive explosion rips through her nose, causing hull breaches in several sections.

00:18:6 Andromeda determines the beaming frequency and instantly begins jamming it.

00:19:0 Hermiod reports that he cannot beam any more nukes onto the enemy ship.

00:19:01 Andomeda locates Daedelus' bridge and blows the entire front section off.

00:19:04 Secondary eplosions envelope Daedelus, destroying it.

00:20:0 Shep and the other F-302s stand down and are taken on board the Andromeda Ascendant as prisoners of war

00:21:0 Andromeda leaves

There's my scenario. (of course, if this weren't a scenario, and instead an Atlantis Ep., Shepphard would win by some 'deus ex machina' victory)
                                Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 29 May 2007, 07:03 AM. Reason: 36 fighters, not 50 (Oops!)
                                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                                X