X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewel Staite in 13-15 episodes of SGA Season 4

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...o_iatlan.shtml

"According to fan site SG1-Atlantis.com, Atlantis actor Joe Flanigan told fans at last weekend's London’s Expo event that Staite will appear in a whopping 13 to 15 episodes in Season Four."

"I can confirm that I will be coming on to Stargate Atlantis for a few episodes," Staite wrote on her site. "I still have no idea who I'm playing, but I do know it's female. I hope. Anyway, I'm really excited to be going back, and they're a great bunch of people and -- major plus! -- it shoots at home! So watch for that next season."

Pretty exciting stuff. I really enjoyed her on Firefly, and she portrayed the Wraith 'child' pretty nicely as well.

I'd imagine she'll be a human from Earth, but I wonder doing what :X

As much as I like Jewel, she isn't right for Atlantis

Spoiler:
    And the fact she'll most likely replace Beckett does not sit right with me...I'll only keep watching if Paul's left of his own free will, which I very much doubt.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Think they'll make her gain ten pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        As much as I like Jewel, she isn't right for Atlantis

Spoiler:
        And the fact she'll most likely replace Beckett does not sit right with me...I'll only keep watching if Paul's left of his own free will, which I very much doubt.
        Spoiler:
        Why would they have him leave in the first place? i just don't get it. He plays a well liked character and he just made it onto the credits as a member of the main cast. I don't think it would sit well with anyone if she's being brought in to replace Paul. I mean, she's a nice actress, but that's not the best way to join the cast of a show. There would always be people who hate her "just because".

In other words, I agree.
        *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
        Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

I don't know how to react to this until I know what's going on with the characters.
          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
          The Strongest Will Survive!
          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Wow, I think this is great news. It just gave me another reason to tune into season 4.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
            Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Well I'm excited. I just hope her coming doesn't mean Beckett is leaving

Comment

13 to 15 episodes is impressive, however it does give me fears that someone will take a bullet and she'll be the replacement, however I guess this really depends on the character she plays. Considering she's in that amount, should the show get to season 5, then I wouldn't be surprised if she's brought in a credited regular. Afterall, it's what happen to vala and she only did a something like 6 in season 9.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  The rumors about Carson are making me more nervous now.

The first time Sheppard drools around her, I'm off this show. He's already flirty with Weir and Teyla. He doesn't need another hot chick in his harem.
                  Last edited by Darren; 31 October 2006, 12:01 PM.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                    The rumors about Carson are making me more nervous now.

The first time Sheppard drools around her, I'm off this show. He's already flirty with Weir and Teyla. He doesn't need another hot chick in his harem.
                    Aww come on he's Kirk
                    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
                    - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I'm sorry. . . am I the only one here who doesn't care if Beckett goes or not?

I guess so.

Spoiler:
                      And isn't it a little soon to be calling Jewel his replacement? I mean, we haven't even seen Beckett's possible impending demise which is still just an internet rumor.

If someone has a link to some internal memo saying that Jewel's character will replace Beckett who will be getting killed off this year I'd really like to see it. Actually, I'd like to see the memo (or script) stating that Paul is being written off the show.

Futhermore, if Jewel plays her charcter similar to Kaylee (of course it should be toned down) it will replace what they lost when they decided to write Rainbow off the show.
                      Last edited by Bragi; 30 October 2006, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I think it's great! I feel that she'll bring a certain quality to the show that definitely wouldn't hurt it. I find it interesting, though, that this show is so fragile to some people that a semi-slight change of detail and they decide to "not watch anymore". Please folks, you don't have to like everything, but if we got to make it like we wanted, how could we ever anticipate what would happen next and talk about it on these nifty forums? The show isn't made for you, it's made for everyone, so let's be happy !
                        Last edited by any_gopher; 30 October 2006, 06:28 PM. Reason: typo/grammar

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                          I think it's great! I feel that she'll bring a certain quality to the show that definitely wouldn't hurt it. I find it interesting, though, that this show is so fragile to some people that a semi-slight change of detail and they decide to "not watch anymore". Please folks, you don't have to like everything, but if we got to make it like we wanted, how could we ever anticipate what would happen next and talk about it on these nifty forums? The show isn't made for you, it's made for everyone, so let's be happy !
                          What they need to do is bring more firefly characters in Atlantis and we have a crossover characters.
                          sigpic
                          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Whilst I am pleased Jewel Staite will be in future episodes of SGA - I liked her character in Firefly - but not to the deteriment of current, established & oft well-loved characters like (if the rumors surrounding his character are to believed).

Her character should enhance the over-all storyline & uplift the other characters & the episodes she may be appearing in - not be used as 'gap-filler' or a 'substitute' for any current characters (we still don't know 's ultimate fate after 'The Hive') - & i will say the same, IMVHO, of any character(s) of any show; whether it be my beloved STARGATE SG-1, STARGATE ATLANTIS, or otherwise.

To qoute the esteemed : That happens to be what I think. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                              What they need to do is bring more firefly characters in Atlantis and we have a crossover characters.
                              Sure, why not. Then we can have Fargate SG-1 and Firegate Atlantis.
                              My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Working...
                              X