Occupation/Precipice (301-302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Yeah, me too.....that was a pretty harrowing scene. Very well acted, and makes a lot of sense considering her mind space during that time. Did RDM even mention this scene in the podcast? I can't remember.....
    i don't thinks so i think he was trying to cram in everything in the 2 hours
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

My wife and I began Season 3 this evening. She thought the season started off great, but can't believe how much things have changed. She can't wait to see what happens next.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just watched these episodes today. It was awesome...although Season 2 is still the state of the art. I understand that they had to change in order to keep the show alive... oh well.. the good old days.
        sigpic

Comment

Opening montage - beautiful as always. The music was perfect, and the emotions palpable. Loved it!

Suicide bombing - this was a gutsy move, and I liked it. Did I agree with it? No. Do I think it is ever sanctionable? No. But then, it's like Tigh said, "Maybe you'[d] feel different when you're in detention." The choice was wrong, but I can see why they made it. I think it was bold exploring that. I also enjoy the challenge I face as an audience member when my beloved protagonists engage in very antagonist-like behaviour.

The Laura/Baltar scene - these two have such a great dynamic, and MM and James Callis play it brilliantly.

Adama - EJO was excellent as always. His line in "Occupation": "It's gonna be okay"... you could just feel how he was trying to convince himself; how much he wanted to believe it. But Sharon Agathon was so right - he needs to absolve himself first. I have to mention the Adama/Lee dynamic too. EJO is so good at playing subtleties, right down to the adjusting of his glasses in that planning scene in Adama's quarters (when Lee was nay-saying). Lee has never been a character that captured me, but Adama's deep feelings for his son always make their scenes tug at my heartstrings. Lastly, Adama has some of the best lines in the series: "I don't. That's what trust is."

Tigh/Roslin scene - I wish I had something more substantive to say, but what I can say is that this scene was well written and well played. I loved it.

Baltar and the execution order - that scene was so hard to watch. It also made it hard to hate Baltar, in spite of all the self-serving things he's done. When we see him sitting alone in Colonial One afterwards, he looks like a shell of his former self. I can't say it enough - Callis is amazing at portraying all the complexities of this intricate character.

Season 3 really starts with a bang and just keeps going. The intensity is so high!! Love every minute.
          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
            Opening montage - beautiful as always. The music was perfect, and the emotions palpable. Loved it!
            Me too!!

Suicide bombing - this was a gutsy move, and I liked it. Did I agree with it? No. Do I think it is ever sanctionable? No. But then, it's like Tigh said, "Maybe you'[d] feel different when you're in detention." The choice was wrong, but I can see why they made it. I think it was bold exploring that. I also enjoy the challenge I face as an audience member when my beloved protagonists engage in very antagonist-like behaviour.
            The questionable actions is what makes me love the characters and this show so much.

Baltar and the execution order - that scene was so hard to watch. It also made it hard to hate Baltar, in spite of all the self-serving things he's done. When we see him sitting alone in Colonial One afterwards, he looks like a shell of his former self. I can't say it enough - Callis is amazing at portraying all the complexities of this intricate character.
            Awesome scene....yes Callis does it so well!

Season 3 really starts with a bang and just keeps going. The intensity is so high!! Love every minute.
            Yes, I agree, the only knock to the early part of season 3 I have, and it's extremely small, is that I wish they ran the New Caprica arc all the way to mid season 3. They could've fit all the resistance episodes in there for several episodes, because there was so much story to fit in there. But, with that said, It's still possibly the best arc of the series. Hard for me to pick between that and the Kobol/Caprica arc of the first half of season 2.
            sigpic
            Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
            Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Originally posted by chaddergate View Post
              <snip>
              Yes, I agree, the only knock to the early part of season 3 I have, and it's extremely small, is that I wish they ran the New Caprica arc all the way to mid season 3. They could've fit all the resistance episodes in there for several episodes, because there was so much story to fit in there. But, with that said, It's still possibly the best arc of the series. Hard for me to pick between that and the Kobol/Caprica arc of the first half of season 2.
              I know what you mean! There were so many potential stories to tell in the NC arc - it would have been brilliant and fascinating to see them play out. I'm not sure if I would've wanted it to carry through the main season, though, simply because that might have come at the expense of the story moving forward. That is to say, I wouldn't have wanted the main season to dwell in the past if it meant losing any of the eps we got after that. I wish they did a movie, like Razor, though, that went back and told some more stories about their experiences on NC. (But, if adding more to this arc during the season might've meant a season five... ) This is all very hypothetical, though.

I have such a hard time picking favourite eps/arcs in this show!! Kobol/Caprica, Pegasus, NC, just about the entire 4th season (lol).... brilliant stuff!
              "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
              ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Working...
              X