Occupation/Precipice (301-302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wontgetfooledagain
    I'm quite curious as to what these uses might be.
    They're robots so they're probably the military protectors of the cylon homeworld. Also their human creations had better treat them well otherwise they might want to rebel against these new humans too
    (this supposes some sort of hierarchy on the cylon homeworld where the cylon humans rank higher than their creators which means the robots intended to create new humans masters - but as a safeguard they also programmed/conditionned these new humans so as to make them "nicer" than their previous masters)

Either that or they're used as toasters

Comment

Just a question, Has Head 6 ever appeared to Baltar when the Caprica 6 has been alive and with him? It seemed that Head 6 appeared after the Caprica 6 was shot in this episonde.

Comment

Or maybe the Cylons eventually decided they needed human masters, so they create BioCylons who eventually went out to destroy humans - their only competition.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
          They're robots so they're probably the military protectors of the cylon homeworld. Also their human creations had better treat them well otherwise they might want to rebel against these new humans too
          (this supposes some sort of hierarchy on the cylon homeworld where the cylon humans rank higher than their creators which means the robots intended to create new humans masters - but as a safeguard they also programmed/conditionned these new humans so as to make them "nicer" than their previous masters hehe...)

Either that or they're used as toasters
          I'm curious about the other robot models from TOS; are they still out there somewhere? The ones who directly served the Imperious Leader, I mean. And what about the IL? In TOS, Baltar ends up with the job - any speculation on that?

Spoiler:
          "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
          ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by otr89
            Just a question, Has Head 6 ever appeared to Baltar when the Caprica 6 has been alive and with him? It seemed that Head 6 appeared after the Caprica 6 was shot in this episonde.
            I asked myself the same question

can't remember actually

yes Head6 did appear only after Mini6 was shot. But I don't know how much time it would have taken for Mini-6 to upload & wake up again though (I think it's supposed to be instantaneous, not sure though)

Comment

Originally posted by Back40
              I'm curious about the other robot models from TOS; are they still out there somewhere? The ones who directly served the Imperious Leader, I mean. And what about the IL? In TOS, Baltar ends up with the job - any speculation on that?
              I dunno - never watched TOS, ain't tempted by it either (not just because of the SFX but also because the show is supposed to have been prematurely terminated...?)

Comment

Originally posted by otr89
                I've never seen them both together with him. Last time I saw Head 6 was just before Caprica 6 and company walked in at the end of LDYB2. Don't see Head 6 again until Caprica 6 gets capped - and his response seemed to indicate that she hadn't been around for a while.

Spoiler:
                "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                ---Bill Adama

Comment

He could have been in shock over seeing her in his head after she just got shot in the head. We don't actually know that she hasn't been in his head, they may not have had time to show us. If Baltar and Six have some sort of connection (not a hallucination and not a chip), would Helo have visions of Sharon if she were to get killed?

Comment

But I don't know how much time it would have taken for Mini-6 to upload & wake up again though (I think it's supposed to be instantaneous, not sure though)
                    Takes several hours - refer to how long it takes Leoben to come back after Kara sushis him. I thought it was rather polite of her to tell him to take his time......

Spoiler:
                    ---Bill Adama

Comment

and another question is: what have Baltar & Mini-6 been doing exactly since the occupation? even though the circumstances weren't the most propitious, nevertheless he must have missed her - physically speaking - yet the two didn't seem to be on intimate terms anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Back40
                        Takes several hours - refer to how long it takes Leoben to come back after Kara sushis him. I thought it was rather polite of her to tell him to take his time......
                        yeah but we don't know at what point he died - plus he may be taking his time to come back to her (for all we know the nearest human-growing factory must be far away, if on the planet at all)

Comment

He could have been in shock over seeing her in his head after she just got shot in the head. We don't actually know that she hasn't been in his head, they may not have had time to show us. If Baltar and Six have some sort of connection (not a hallucination and not a chip), would Helo have visions of Sharon if she were to get killed?
                          Very true, she could have ended up on the cutting room floor.

I'm not sure - Caprica 6 had "visions" of Baltar and HE wasn't dead.

Spoiler:
                          ---Bill Adama

Comment

perhaps there is some microscopic electronic s**t embedded within Baltar's head (Dr Cottle couldn't spot anything but then again human medicine in the show seems barely more advanced than ours, if at all)

Comment

{mod Snip} Unfortunately for my BSG experience I live in Australia. But it was worth the wait. Absolutely fantastic episodes and even though I love the Stargate series..it makes Stargate Atlantis/SG1 look mamby pamby.

Best part for me was the confrontation between Adama and Lee.."Now get your fat ass out of here" - Got to be the best line this year LOL.
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 October 2006, 07:33 AM.

Comment

yeah but we don't know at what point he died - plus he may be taking his time to come back to her (for all we know the nearest human-growing factory must be far away, if on the planet at all)
                                Yep, I agree. Still takes time though, so Caprica 6 reborn wouldn't be appearing instantaneously....

Spoiler:
                                ---Bill Adama

Comment

Working...
                                X