X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
    Spoiler:
    Tim sucked in a deep breath and looked at the man, “No sir, we can’t!”

((You might try correcting Rob's gender in your post. I took care of it in the quote. ))

Hughes smirked. "But some of us are. So maybe you should, like, ah, think before you blindly rush into snap judgments."

'Uh, really? Did you really just berate him for something you never do?' He shrugged; it was clearly just a need to impress his miserable feelings upon someone else. Still, he didn't appreciate being overlooked as a nobody by someone he didn't even know. Just because he was young...

'Either base me on my accomplishments -- like my engineering degree -- or my failings,' he narrowed his eyes, 'Or not at all. But that was probably too much to ask from this jack@$$.

With a shake of his head, and another roll of his eyes, he looked over to Cate. "Lead the way."

Last edited by Oranos; 25 October 2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

"Flight, this is Bonnie. Everything has gone quiet here, I'm headed for the canteen ok."

"Copy that Bonnie...save some for me and my new 'boyfriend'." She put a little curl on the end knowing Robert heard. Cate glanced at both men, she let out a long breath. "This will be fun, stairs again, Sergeant are you coming with us?" She asked Sgt Foster.

Comment

<Generator Room>

With his hand hovering over the emergency switches waiting for confirmation from the security office, Staff Sergeant Patrick thought to himself: This is why I prefer working with software... it's predictable, well, mostly predictable anyway.

His arm was getting a little tired when the announcement came through to not pull the power and to head up to the security office. Making a sigh of relief, he lowered his hand and raised his TER to monitor the creatures. They were still not making any aggressive moves, although he did notice that the lights on the roof were about to explode due to the stress the creatures were putting them through.

Not wanting to get involved in the conflict between the others, Patrick decided he'd rather stay out of their way, and picked up the radio: "Security, this is Patrick. Do you need a set of eyes to stay down here? Over.

Valorin ~ Stephen
        http://valorin.net/

Comment

*Sub-Level 10 speakers*

"Who ever just called in, if you are suggesting that one man stay behind, please do. If the situation get's dangerous, retreat immediately. Sit tight and wait for further orders. Marshall out."
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Tim sucked in a deep breath, but refrained to reply. Over the years he’d learned when not to pick an argument with an officer, and this was just one of those occasions, so he settled with a “Yes, sir!” and left it to that.
            He nodded towards the Aussie officer, “Yes ma’am. Stairs it is…”
            As he walked towards the door, he shouted back to Patrick, “You heard the man. Sit tight!” Just before the doors closed behind him, Tim looked back towards the other sergeant with a wide grin, “Be careful will you? We’re getting close to midnight and God only knows what theses critters turn in to then?”
            With a small chuckle he entered the stairs to climb the seven stairs up towards the security office.

>> To the Security Office >>

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
              As he walked towards the door, he shouted back to Patrick, “You heard the man. Sit tight!” Just before the doors closed behind him, Tim looked back towards the other sergeant with a wide grin, “Be careful will you? We’re getting close to midnight and God only knows what theses critters turn in to then?”
              With a small chuckle he entered the stairs to climb the seven stairs up towards the security office.
              Rolling his eyes as he watched the door close, Staff Sergeant Shaun Patrick checked the doors between him and the stairs to ensure that they were not locked or restricted. Having played enough computer games, he knew the benefits of having an easy escape route. 'The number of times the doors have been locked in those games...' he mumbled to himself as he found a chair to sit down on.

Watching the creatures as they circled around the generator, he slowly became mesmerised by their patterns and movements. The pops as they appeared and disappeared.

Patrick's mind started to drift off to thoughts of his software project, and his major problem. He still didn't know how to solve the issue with loading... suddenly one of the creatures appeared next to his foot, causing the sergeant to forget all thoughts of his system as he jumped backwards - the chair falling to the floor. His TER flying up as the creature just continued on its way across the floor.

"That was close..." he mumbled to himself, picking up the chair slowly.

Valorin ~ Stephen
              http://valorin.net/

Comment

Working...
              X