Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<From Hallways>>

< L10 Misc. Storage>

Looking up from his search and at the other officer, he retorted before he could stop himself. "Call me Bobby and I swear I will drop you so damn fast you won't know what hit you."

His eyes grew wide. There he went speaking without thinking again. His mouth worked furiously to correct the mistake that it had already made. "Uh, I, ah, so did not mean that. Can we, like, just forget I said anything?"

Nervously, he tugged at the black shirt's collar and hurriedly resumed the search. "Yeah, uh, moving on. And, hey! Here's your transformer."

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Valorin View Post
      Watching the creatures fly around the generator, Staff Sergeant Patrick was shocked. He'd imagined seeing maybe a dozen or so, but this was a LOT more than expected. It was no wonder the base was having power issues and most of the civilians were scared. Being so many he wondered how they were going to get rid of them all...

Shaun smiled, and replied: "No arguments from me. As fun as it is shooting them on their own, if they move in for an attack we'll have a problem!"

Having heard the radio message, Patrick looked at Foster: "I guess we can give it a try, I haven't seen any hostility from them yet..."

The Staff Sergeant purposely went back to the stairwell and opened all the doorways between there and the generator. Something told him that if they need to escape quickly, having open doorways would make things a lot quicker.

"So," the Sergeant started, his TER raised and pointing at the mass of creatures around the generators; "Any last words before all hell breaks lose?"
      Originally posted by Valorin View Post

*Radio* "If you feel comfortable with TER's, have at them Sergeant. But if they react negatively what*cracklecrackle*etreat to a less...electrically equipped area. And keep in mind that *Crackle* start to crowd you, we're not going to be able to get radio or video feed." *Radio*
      Tim fought an urge to roll his eyes and spoke in to the mike, “Thank you very much Emmanuel, I think we know what we’re doing down here.” Watching Patrick prepare for a tactical retreat if necessary, he once again clicked his radio, “Don’t worry, we’ve got the back doors open. Foster out.”

He retreated a bit from the generator door and shook his head, “No, nothing really. I guess it’s ‘fire at will’?” switched off the safety, took a deep breath and started to take out the pink furballs one by one…

((OOC: Any chance of interaction with the rest of you people at level 10? ))

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
        <<From Hallways>>

< L10 Misc. Storage>

Looking up from his search and at the other officer, he retorted before he could stop himself. "Call me Bobby and I swear I will drop you so damn fast you won't know what hit you."

His eyes grew wide. There he went speaking without thinking again. His mouth worked furiously to correct the mistake that it had already made. "Uh, I, ah, so did not mean that. Can we, like, just forget I said anything?"

Nervously, he tugged at the black shirt's collar and hurriedly resumed the search. "Yeah, uh, moving on. And, hey! Here's your transformer."

< L10 Misc. storage>

{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

"I'll let it pass....for now." There was a certain familarity with him, Cate reflected back to her own brother, lost somewhere out in the galaxy, she wondered if he were even still alive. That was afterall her primary reason for being here. Thinking about Ben, she thought of her mother and father. He was right here on the base, she'd seen him only once..."damn" she thought. If anyone knew how to fix this it would be him. She made a mental note to see him as soon as this was dealt with, there was more at stake here than just these purple critters, a Goa'uld was still out there with the base in their sights.

"Here's the converter." Cate found all that she needed now, all that was left was to set it up and go to the gate room. "Ok Rob, let's head for security and fill them in, I'll tell you along the way."

Comment

Over the radio:

"This is Dr. Shelder to whoever's about to cut the generators. I'm an engineer, so I know what I'm doing, now listen to me, there's a certain way to do it or you're going to get electrocuted, or fry the power grid. Over."
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
            “No, nothing really. I guess it’s ‘fire at will’?”
            Patrick laughed and replied; "An oldie, but a goodie."

Following the other Sergeants lead, he too raised his TER and opened fire at the mass of flying creatures. Patrick knew his aim wasn't fantastic, so rather than targeting lone creatures on the edges, he just pointed into the middle of the mass - he'd have a much better chance of hitting one (or even more than one) that way.

Over the noise of the TER's firing, the Staff Sergeant heard a voice come over his radio:

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
            "This is Dr. Shelder to whoever's about to cut the generators. I'm an engineer, so I know what I'm doing, now listen to me, there's a certain way to do it or you're going to get electrocuted, or fry the power grid. Over."
            Pausing his TER firing, and activating his radio, Patrick replied: "This is Staff Sergeant Patrick, we are at the generators now. It is covered in the creatures, so reaching it directly could be a problem if these TER's don't keep them away. Can you advise how to proceed? Over."

Valorin ~ Stephen
            http://valorin.net/

Comment

< L10 Misc. storage>

{Flt. Lt. Catherine Hayden}

Cate heard the coms chatter, it was rattling around in her head, she tapped Robert on the shoulder."Come on Robert we've got what we need, those numbskulls are going to try and cut the power and that is the last thing we need right now." She yelled into her own mic. "This is Flight Leiutenant Hayden. Do not cut the power, I repeat, do not cut the power. I need ten minutes....I'm going to the gate room now."

Comment

With a frown, Tim held his fire and tapped his fellow sergeant on the shoulder, “Hang on a minute,” then took a few steps back to get closer to the stairs.
                “Pardon me for speaking up Ma’am; But what is it that you know will work I thought you were a pilot? Not an engineer… Like Shelder actually is, ma’am.”

(OOC: Maybe this’ll get your attention then? ))

Comment

Over the Radio:
                  "Patrick, each level has a emer- throw switch to cut - power. Leave the levels Lieutenant Hayden needs po- and cut the others, they're a few feet aware from the generators themselves, so the crea- shouldn't be hovering, you know floating much and stuff. With the power cut, they'll go, that place, where's their power? Lieutenant, you're sheeping them out the gate, right? . . . Um, Over."
                  "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                  " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                  Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((NG, weren't you at the main generator before this? It's as far apart as you could be on Level 10. The chances of them running into each other at that point weren't very realistic.))

"Yup, right behind you, Cate." He'd trailed her into the hallway, and hoping to put his earlier foot in mouth situation behind him, he piped in with the smart@$$ again. "I presume you know how to get there, yes?"

Hughes rolled his eyes when the other man suddenly barred their way. Maybe, just maybe, but probably not, if he had had one less problem to deal with in his entire life now, he might have spared the man comment. But putting on a pseudo smile that clearly said, I don't feel like dealing with this ****, he replied through gritted teeth. "We can't all be geniuses with engineering degrees. Now can we, sergeant?"

But he remained rooted to the spot. He imagined Cate would have a few choice words for the man, before she decided to take off at a brisk jog again.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                      With a frown, Tim held his fire and tapped his fellow sergeant on the shoulder, “Hang on a minute,” then took a few steps back to get closer to the stairs.
                      “Pardon me for speaking up Ma’am; But what is it that you know will work I thought you were a pilot? Not an engineer… Like Shelder actually is, ma’am.”

(OOC: Maybe this’ll get your attention then? ))
                      {Flt Lieutenant Catherine Hayden}

The red head turned sharply, long platted tail flying around like a whip. If it wasn't so serious a situation as losing all base power eventually, it would be funny. "Excuse me Sergeant? I really don't have time to go over my history, but just so you know, would a degree in Electrochemistry and Physics be of much use to you?" Her ruby lipped parted, showing white teeth, but it wasn't exactly a smile. "Maybe we can talk about it over lunch some time but I can tell you this..." She lowered her arm that held the TER weapon. "These beings are drawn to low voltage power, coincidently around 120 volts and are tuned to cycles of approximately 60 hertz. Now this is our base power for secondry systems, which is all our appliances, computers, medical and diagnostic equipment." She sighed. "The only problem is, that they are adapting and heading for the generators to seek out more energy, if they start on our 3 phase circuits, we'll be screwed over for ages to repair the damage. What I am going to do is draw them to me with a small EM burst, isolated from base power, that means I will be the conduit and lead them through the gate." Cate made to move back to the stairs. "I have naquada in my blood that can protect me from an electrical discharge at over 160 hertz for a few seconds, with the aid of the TER and a little jerry rigging I will become a beacon for the little fellows, sort of like the Pied Piper."

Over the Radio:
                      "Patrick, each level has a emer- throw switch to cut - power. Leave the levels Lieutenant Hayden needs po- and cut the others, they're a few feet aware from the generators themselves, so the crea- shouldn't be hovering, you know floating much and stuff. With the power cut, they'll go, that place, where's their power? Lieutenant, you're sheeping them out the gate, right? . . . Um, Over."
                      "Yes I am, I need the power for the gate, but we should try and keep primary three phase systems running for as long as possible."

Comment

Activating his radio so everyone could hear him, Staff Sergeant Patrick yelled in frustration: "Oh for crying out loud!!"

Taking a few seconds before continuing: "We all agree that these things need to be shepherded out the Gate, right? So does anybody have any problems if I throw all the non-three-phase switches which aren't the gate room to get them up there?"

Looking around Patrick saw a row of big switches with descriptions above them for various parts of the base, a few of the creatures were around them, but a few TER shots took care of them clearing the path for Patrick to reach them.

Despite his frustration, Patrick still wanted to hear the command come from someone in authority who wasn't down here getting angry and emotional because other people won't listen to their ideas.

"Security, this is Patrick. I am at the power emergency switches now. Please advise if I am to switch all but the gateroom off. Over."

Valorin ~ Stephen
                        http://valorin.net/

Comment

Sub-Level 10 Speakers:

Originally posted by Speakers
                          "If you can here this, this is the security *Crackle* not pull the power, repeat, do not pull the power. We have full control here. Any further plans *crackle*ving any sort of power discharge or regulation needs to rendezvous here. Repeat, rendezvous here. Marshall out."
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Radio transmission:

"What's, um." "Any-?" "What's going on now? Over."

((Hee, that rendezvous will be a wee bit difficult for poor Greg. ))

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Hughes rolled his eyes when the other man suddenly barred their way. Maybe, just maybe, but probably not, if he had had one less problem to deal with in his entire life now, he might have spared the man comment. But putting on a pseudo smile that clearly said, I don't feel like dealing with this ****, he replied through gritted teeth. "We can't all be geniuses with engineering degrees. Now can we, sergeant?"

But he remained rooted to the spot. He imagined Cate would have a few choice words for the man, before she decided to take off at a brisk jog again.

Tim sucked in a deep breath and looked at the woman, “No sir, we can’t!”

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

The red head turned sharply, long platted tail flying around like a whip. If it wasn't so serious a situation as losing all base power eventually, it would be funny. "Excuse me Sergeant? I really don't have time to go over my history, but just so you know, would a degree in Electrochemistry and Physics be of much use to you?" Her ruby lipped parted, showing white teeth, but it wasn't exactly a smile. "Maybe we can talk about it over lunch some time but I can tell you this..." She lowered her arm that held the TER weapon. "These beings are drawn to low voltage power, coincidently around 120 volts and are tuned to cycles of approximately 60 hertz. Now this is our base power for secondry systems, which is all our appliances, computers, medical and diagnostic equipment." She sighed. "The only problem is, that they are adapting and heading for the generators to seek out more energy, if they start on our 3 phase circuits, we'll be screwed over for ages to repair the damage. What I am going to do is draw them to me with a small EM burst, isolated from base power, that means I will be the conduit and lead them through the gate." Cate made to move back to the stairs. "I have naquada in my blood that can protect me from an electrical discharge at over 160 hertz for a few seconds, with the aid of the TER and a little jerry rigging I will become a beacon for the little fellows, sort of like the Pied Piper."

"Yes I am, I need the power for the gate, but we should try and keep primary three phase systems running for as long as possible."

Tim let her explain in silence, no need to upset an officer more than necessary and inform her that he was very much aware of the problem, but why the heck did some of the officers around here think it was all necessary to play heroes at all cost? Including if it meant putting your life at stake! That was the last thing you did when you didn’t have any options left!
                              If there was something he’d learned over the years at the SGC; it was that things never ever turned out as planned, so why play out the best card they had at this point?
                              He sighed, “Well, they’re not really not that much of a threat now, are they?”

[radio]
                              "If you can here this, this is the security *Crackle* not pull the power, repeat, do not pull the power. We have full control here. Any further plans *crackle*ving any sort of power discharge or regulation needs to rendezvous here. Repeat, rendezvous here. Marshall out."[/radio]

Tim shrugged and looked over at Patrick’s way, “Looks like they made the decision for us…”

Radio transmission:

"What's, um." "Any-?" "What's going on now? Over."
                              Keying his radio, Tim replied with a grin, “Get back in the tub Shelder, looks like some people know what they’re doing after all. I’ll tell them you’ve got a good excuse not to attend the meeting.”

(OOC: Geez, I hate catching up posts ))

Comment

"Yup, right behind you, Cate." He'd trailed her into the hallway, and hoping to put his earlier foot in mouth situation behind him, he piped in with the smart@$$ again. "I presume you know how to get there, yes?"

"Good Robert, and thank you Sergeant. I guess then we should head for security and see just how well they're doing." Cate clipped her TER to her belt and tapped her coms. "Security, this is Catherine Hayden, we're heading your way now."

Comment

Working...
                                X