All new virtual series: Stargate: Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All new virtual series: Stargate: Vista

The Indomitable Vista was once the pride of the Ancient’s fleet. Used as a flagship during the time of the four great races, it stood as a symbol of their technological and social might…

Now, many millennia after they left this galaxy - in the wake of a horrific plague - it lies, a derelict, at the Ancient outpost on E’taoma, a lush jungle world rich with Naquadah.

But soon, a fledgling civilisation and an expanding empire will unearth its existence, leading to a pursuit across the known universe, and the discovery of an unimaginable foe.

If your interested in discussing Vista with me, and helping to come up with ideas... or would like to know about how to get on the creative team, please contact me via PM over this site, or at: [email protected]

Also, if you have MSN, feel free to add me at the above e-mail.

- Marcus...

Cool. So what would be the time frame for this? Goa'uld Era? Ori Era? Post series era? Anymore details you can reveal?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The first season... timeline wise, would start about now in the Stargate universe.

The Ori are moving inwards, sweeping over planet after planet, and this has made the major world of the series push forward in its exploration efforts.

This is how they find the Vista. The series itself wouldn't concern the Ori... they would be there, yes... and referenced... but they wouldn't be at the front of major events, far from it.

Right now the idea is that it deals far more with the worlds on the other side of the puddle... so to speak. Looking at the setting we got a glimpse of in "The Ties That Bind".

Also it will hopefully offer up some original developments on the Furlings and the Aschen... things that have been touched upon heavily in other virtual series, I know... but I'm hoping the way I want to look at them can be just as original and brilliant as those interprutations.

- Marcus

Comment

Well if you want to talk ideas and stuff I am willing to do that. Not really a writer or anything but I do like developing ideas and concepts and stuff. Though I dont really have MSN at this time so for now if you want we can talk by PM.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Another series with an ancient ship and an ancient secret that we find and do stuff with. head to SG-U and see if u can find some help there as well.

Comment

Marcus ive added you on MSN and ill talk more there, this series look very interesting and im looking to see it develop..FYI, Genesis is about the allience and an ancient ships that represents the military and technologyical might of the 4GR be intersting to see how we compare
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

So, from what race's perspective does this take place? It sounds like someone other than humans, of earth at least.

Anyway, if you need a beta reader, im up for it.
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Just a quick update for those that are interested…

Work on Stargate: Vista is continuing apace, with three of four people now working on the storyline. That includes setting, characters, villains etc…

Also, a website has just gone into production, that will serve has an HUB for all things Vista… right now it’s going to include a preview to Season One (this will be an exclusive mini-episode), a forum, downloads and a number of concept art pieces to help you visualise the universe being created. Whether all of the above will be available on the sites launch is another matter – but it is coming.

What were really aiming for now is to create a whole new universe for Stargate, that will hopefully run along side the series (both of them) and give readers a glimpse of what we believe life is like on the other side of the puddle. No SG teams, no central command… just a bunch of people, on a rusting ship, experiencing life during the Ori invasion… and fighting another incursion force. We want you to be immersed in this show just as much as you can be in the series and other Stargate related media.

Were still looking for people, both veteran talent and new blood for Season One, and were hoping that we can get a team together that is diverse, and large enough, to offer a cohesive, but imaginative and daring interpretation of the world our favourites series is based in.

- Marcus

Comment

Interesting. So is this going to be written in script format (like Horizon) or like Fan Fiction? I'm curious because I might be interested in getting involved with this series, one way or another.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Script format...

But for some of the major episodes we will probably look into writing it in prose aswell. Not only to offer more depth to the story… but also to allow people who want to read, but can’t immediately settle into the script format a way into the series. Although that will probably occur between seasons while the team is on hiatus and planning new episodes.

Also, if your interested in getting involved, then feel free to add me on msn at: [email protected] or send me a PM/e-mail.

We’d love to have you onboard and thanks for the interest.

- Marcus
                    Last edited by Marcus117; 28 August 2006, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Question for people; do you think a prose or script format is better? And what about a prose format to start a series off and then adopting a script format? Just wondering which would be easier and more 'enticing' for the readers to...well...read

Comment

Some people (including me) find the script format to be jarring and clumsy to read. I think its one of the reasons why some are turned off from these virtual series. Personally, I prefer prose over script. Thats just my two cents on the matter.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Well we are currently considering doing the majority in script format however the major episodes would be done in both prose and script format allowing people to read both, if possible. How does that sound to people?

Comment

Just letting people know that this virtual series is still going ahead. Anyone still interested in joining? Either as artists or writers or anything else you can suggest.

Comment

Well, Marcus called me a while ago and asked if I wanted to help out, and I said sure. I'm good at hammering out stories and details and some of the time good at filling them in (I'm a bit rusty, I haven't written too extensively recently).

Comment

Working...
                              X