Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if it's possible to have 2 active supergates in the same galaxy. Given that sam said is PP
    Spoiler:
    The supergate is designed to be dialed from another galaxy

This is very much like the fact that a normal stargate is designed to be dialed from a significantly distant point in space...i.e. you can't have 2 active stargates on 1 planet/ship/close region of space.

Soo extending what sam said and combining it with what we know about normal stargate operations, I don't think the Ori will be able to connect a second supergate to the Milky Way...

Comment

But they could create on nearby, like in Ina or Pegasus :O nooo, we have shot ourselfs in the foot with that one!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Xzyl
        It may not matter. If the Supergates are bound by the same rules as normal stargates except scaled up for size and intergalactic networking then it might not be possible to have two active Supergates in the same galexy at the same time.
        That would, of course, be extremely convenient.
        But considering the size of the supergate, I'd rather believe that, at best, it may block a quadrant.
        The supergate isn't that big after all, and technically, those zones of dialing are probably just programmed restrictions.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue_knight
          Ok, so the nearly impossible was done and a regular gate connected to a supergate. I have a question, wont the MW gate eventually be destroyed by the black hole?
          I don't think the gate will ever be destroyed as time slows down more and more the closer to the Black Hole you get, so would the gate ever get close enough. Say the gate was the number 32 and the black hole was the number 0. You now half the number 32 to 16, it's now half way to the Black Hole, but as time slows down it will take longer to travel half the distance again, it's now at 8 it's mover 3/4 of the way into the Black Hole but to travel half the distance remaining will take longer than the first 3/4. As the Gate gets closer it constantly slows down. The only way the Gate would be destoryed is if time stops once in the Hole it's self. But there is no way to no what happens in the middle as light cannot escape for use to see.

Comment

Working...
          X