Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was really cool how the Ori ship tried to fire its main weapon at Teal'c, but then the Kawoosh started destroying the ship, the energy beam just kind of petered out and the ship started breaking up. Still I didnt at all expect a enemy ship to be destroyed, I thought it was pretty cool. I wonder if knowing how the Ori ship was destroyed, we can figure out what kind of energy is required to affect a Ori mothership shield? Also they couldnt locate teal'c through his shield, so that would tell me they are not all knowing and that thier sensors are not capable of everything. Something we will use to our advantage later.

Comment

Well now al we have to do is to use stargates todestroy Ori ships. Maybe we could get a stargate close enough to an Ori ship to vaporize the ship
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
        Well now al we have to do is to use stargates todestroy Ori ships. Maybe we could get a stargate close enough to an Ori ship to vaporize the ship
        i been thinking that from the start... park a stargate on their shields n turn it on when it goes into a system

Comment

strap a sodan cloak to a stargate and then send it off to the ori with a dial up program.....then just send nuke after nuke through the gate...maybe we could do that with the Wraith!!!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by cbrseadude
            It was really cool how the Ori ship tried to fire its main weapon at Teal'c, but then the Kawoosh started destroying the ship, the energy beam just kind of petered out and the ship started breaking up. Still I didnt at all expect a enemy ship to be destroyed, I thought it was pretty cool. I wonder if knowing how the Ori ship was destroyed, we can figure out what kind of energy is required to affect a Ori mothership shield? Also they couldnt locate teal'c through his shield, so that would tell me they are not all knowing and that thier sensors are not capable of everything. Something we will use to our advantage later.
            Wasn't Anubis's motherships able to detect cloaked ships?

Comment

teal'c alkesh was prolly one of anubis' upgraded ones. ie newer cloak
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I have some questions just to clarrify for myself what happened:

What was the whole idea about the Blackhole (sorry, made a mistake by calling this Wormhole before)? Did it provide more power so that they can make a connection using normal gates between the Milky Way and the Pegasus Galaxy?

And how come sending a few bombs through the gates will help them to dail out with the Supergate!

Did the supergate open a wormhole between the Milky Way and the Ori Galaxy or to somewhere else? I mean it does not really matter to which Galaxy really because the Supergate is now inactive to be used from the Ori galaxy right?

So now they actually have a both-way connection between Pegasus and the Milky Way, using wormholes to charge both normal gates... except both gates are in Space...

Might be cool to send a puddle jumper to earth... so they can try and engineer the cloaking technology of the puddle jumper on a X-302

By the way, this was a great episode ... i just loved it and even watched it twice in a row... it was great!

Poor Teal'c just had to sit there for the whole episode...
                Last edited by pastence; 31 July 2006, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pastence
                  I have some questions just to clarrify for myself what happened:

What was the whole idea about the Wormhole? Did it provide more power so that they can make a connection using normal gates between the Milky Way and the Pegasus Galaxy?

And how come sending a few bombs through the gates will help them to dail out with the Supergate!

Did the supergate open a wormhole between the Milky Way and the Ori Galaxy or to somewhere else? I mean it does not really matter to which Galaxy really because the Supergate is now inactive to be used from the Ori galaxy right?

So now they actually have a both-way connection between Pegasus and the Milky Way, using wormholes to charge both normal gates... except both gates are in Space...

Might be cool to send a puddle jumper to earth... so they can try and engineer the cloaking technology of the puddle jumper on a X-302

By the way, this was a great episode ... i just loved it and even watched it twice in a row... it was great!

Poor Teal'c just had to sit there for the whole episode...
                  Do you mean the black hole, because all stargates use wormholes, that's what you travel through. If you mean the black hole, than yes they used it to power the stargate because it's the only thing that can keep a wormhole open indefinately.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

What was the whole idea about the Blackhole (sorry, made a mistake by calling this Wormhole before)? Did it provide more power so that they can make a connection using normal gates between the Milky Way and the Pegasus Galaxy?
                    Yes, it provides more power.

They dialled out from the Pegasus gate to the normal gate in the MW, then used the bombs to overload the normal gate, making the wormhole jump from the MW gate to the supergate.

It opened a wormhole between Pegasus and the Milky Way. And yes, the Ori can't dail the supergate while it is active.

No, it is still a one way connection from pegasus to the MW. The supergate was designed in such a way that it only accepts incomming wormholes from another galaxy, which is why they had to dial the supergate from the pegasus galaxy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lets just say a Wraith hive ship stumble upon the active stargate to the Milky way next to the black hole. They launch hundred of darts through with a couple of warriors beamed inside their ship, that could be a problem.
                      sigpic
                      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

I don't think that at this point anyone could get through the stargate without being affected by the black hole in such a way that any gate travel would be a non-issue.

As far as the kawoosh hitting the ori ship, the shields didn't do anything at all to protect the ship as the kawoosh simply vaporized the part of the ship that it came in contact with, leaving the rest to explode.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                          Not before the Ori just build another one somewhere else like when we destroyed their first one and they built this one.
                          It may not matter. If the Supergates are bound by the same rules as normal stargates except scaled up for size and intergalactic networking then it might not be possible to have two active Supergates in the same galexy at the same time.

Comment

That's what I've been thinking... But at the same time. We saw that's not the case.

The Pegasus Blackhole Gate was connected to the Milkyway Gate adjacent to the Supergate. Therefore there was a connection between Pegasus -> Milkyway.

Atlantis detected the Wraith Cruiser but could not warn the Oddessy due to the time dialation after the effort to block the supergate was in progress. What did they do? Dialed Earth. Therefore another parrallel connection from Atlantis -> Earth was active. AKA Pegasus -> Milkyway.

Definately think that an attempt to assemble another supergate anywhere near the first one is not possible. But the Milkyway is actually large supposedly, even for a galaxy. Hell, the Milkyway is currently in the process of colliding with and absorbing an entire smaller galaxy! So another Supergate might be possible on the far side of the Galaxy.

Also, it should be noted, even if the Supergate isn't blocked. It's still a major victory. Beachhead to Camelot quite possibly was 5-8 months of time. Which suggest that the Ori cannot simply begin replacing a supergate over night. They have to build another one which take the better part of half a year, and then send it through the stargates. So, the Milkyway is on a repreive atleast for the next 5 months atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
                              Lets just say a Wraith hive ship stumble upon the active stargate to the Milky way next to the black hole. They launch hundred of darts through with a couple of warriors beamed inside their ship, that could be a problem.
                              And do what? Darts are short range, all they would do is run out of life support and die, or run into some pissed off Ori ships. Unless all the wraith come in all their hiveships to the MW, they're not a threat.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Selin Peers
                                That's what I've been thinking... But at the same time. We saw that's not the case.

The Pegasus Blackhole Gate was connected to the Milkyway Gate adjacent to the Supergate. Therefore there was a connection between Pegasus -> Milkyway.

Atlantis detected the Wraith Cruiser but could not warn the Oddessy due to the time dialation after the effort to block the supergate was in progress. What did they do? Dialed Earth. Therefore another parrallel connection from Atlantis -> Earth was active. AKA Pegasus -> Milkyway.

Definately think that an attempt to assemble another supergate anywhere near the first one is not possible. But the Milkyway is actually large supposedly, even for a galaxy. Hell, the Milkyway is currently in the process of colliding with and absorbing an entire smaller galaxy! So another Supergate might be possible on the far side of the Galaxy.
                                Xzyl was saying is that if the Supergates are to Galaxys as Stargates are to planets then there could only be 1 Supergate per galaxy, just like 1 planet can onyl have one stargate.

Comment

Working...
                                X