This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
    Alright team -- the post background colors should be reset to the same shades of grey and off-white that they were on the forum previously.

Let me know if any still need de-whitening!

~Darren
    Now this is looking much better, thank you for the fast and nice work

Comment

My eyes thank you, Darren.
      sigpic

Comment

Masters of Gateworld, I have a question... (and the answer better not be 42)

I proposed a proper rewatch of stargate on the new Stargate Command app (but do not wish to start any discussions on the message feed cause it's too chaotic and it'll get lost -- I just spend 3 days trying to locate another message I promised to reply on). So, I proposed we move the episode discussions here for all those interested.

However, the rewatch will start at the beginning with the 1994 film Stargate, and I was wondering if there was ever a thread started for it, and where I might find it (I did a search for "stargate" but you can imagine that is a rather broad search field on a stargate forum )?

Thank you!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think this is the thread you've been looking for: Stargate Prewatch: Stargate the Movie!

Thought: Its a bit long and outdated now for newbies,especially if they want to post to and recieve replies from those participants who haven't swung by the forums in the last few years.That said,that thread's still open,but if you prefer,you could start a brand new full Rewatch thread in General Discussion?
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            I think this is the thread you've been looking for: Stargate Prewatch: Stargate the Movie!
            Nope, never would have been able to locate that one.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Thought: Its a bit long and outdated now for newbies,especially if they want to post to and recieve replies from those participants who haven't swung by the forums in the last few years.That said,that thread's still open,but if you prefer,you could start a brand new full Rewatch thread in General Discussion?
            Maybe that would be a better idea...

Still, it's fantastic your search-skills found the thread.
            I was definitely asking the wrong search-questions.

Comment

Would it be possible to change the order in which greens and infractions are shown in My Controls? My last infraction is from 2010 and I'm long past that, but it's still an uncomfortable reminder I'd rather not see every time I go there. I much preferred the reversed order in the previous version of the board software.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                Would it be possible to change the order in which greens and infractions are shown in My Controls? My last infraction is from 2010 and I'm long past that, but it's still an uncomfortable reminder I'd rather not see every time I go there. I much preferred the reversed order in the previous version of the board software.
                I could be remembering this wrong, but I thought infractions didn't show up at all before the update.

Sidenote: I was bad-ass in the day... ...not really, I cringe at my misschief.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Nope, never would have been able to locate that one.

Maybe that would be a better idea...

Still, it's fantastic your search-skills found the thread.
                  I was definitely asking the wrong search-questions.
                  Thankees,Falcon!
                  The search is a pain at times if there are too many returns on the keywords.Tags can be more useful,so I try to tag key threads when I get time.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    This is one for Darren's "to-recustomise" list.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I could be remembering this wrong, but I thought infractions didn't show up at all before the update.

Sidenote: I was bad-ass in the day... ...not really, I cringe at my misschief.
                    Maybe you didn't see them once Darren set them to fit under the reps piece of the panel.They'd have been even less obvious after vbulletin set us to see the reps given as well as the reps recieved.

Infractions in the Profile page don't show up to anyone except the Mods and the Infracted person.If they ever do become visible to others,have them take a cap or quote and let us/Darren know!

Comment

Hey Overladies/lords!

Remember that question about the Stargate 1994 thread... Yeah, I just wanted to give a head's up that I decided to keep the original thread after all. So if you should see an uptick in newbie activity in the coming days, don't worry too much -- most of them are probably real people coming in for some Stargate discussions.

Comment

Everything looks like it's going well,and any Probie posts are being cleared asap as usual.

Shameless rewatch plug: New Rewatch starting this weekend!

All welcome!

Comment

Merry Christmas /
                          Happy Holidays,
                          Moderators!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Happy
                            &
                            Healthy
                            New
                            Ye
                            ar
                            Everyone!!!!
                            All the best in 2018!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I've got a question for the mods here. I've been using Firefox for years now to get into the forums, but just tonight (Mon.), Firefox wouldn't let me in. It said,

"Your connection is not secure!

The owner of forum.gateworld.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

What does this all mean, and how can I fix it, if at all? I had to use IE to get in, and it even said there was trouble with security. Thanks in advance for helping!
                              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

I had the same problem but in Chrome. I had to update Chrome, went to about section and checked, to get it to be fixed. This did happen to me one other time, sometime last year, but it must have gotten fixed when Chrome automatically did its update.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X