Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Airman

Default Re: The First Ones (408)

Great ep. Daniel was great and I just love Chaka. I love the friendship that they have, its just so pure. Not that his other friendship aren't it's just that this one is special.
    "Dad, what's a muppet?"-Lisa
    "Well it's not quite a mop, and it's quite a puppet
    but maaan. So does that answer your question? I
    don't know."-Homer

Quote Originally Posted by rocket4477
    Major Coburn (played by Steve Bacic, who would later play Camulus) was in this episode, yes. It was actually a reccurring role.
    And after appearing in two episodes as Coburn, Coburn never came back.

At least it introduced Pierce who has appeared more in the last few years.

I like this episode more than Enemy Mine, this Chaka is better than the later one, I like O'Neills scene near the lake. "Anyone with a snake in their head , raise their hand"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarrior
    s.

I like this episode more than Enemy Mine, this Chaka is better than the later one, I like O'Neills scene near the lake. "Anyone with a snake in their head , raise their hand"
    Yes, this was classic Daniel.

I don't know if anyone else has even thought this as something to think about, But Chaka is a lizard person.. Unas. Yes? Isn't it funny In the old show Land Of The Lost, there was a monkey boy named Chaka... and correct me if I'm wrong but weren't there lizard people on that show? I just thought it was kinda funny.
    Still Smiling,
    ^_^,ll..

I found seeing the more primordial states of the unas and goa'uld fascinating. I was particularly interested in the fact that these goa'uld didn't have naquadah. I wish they had explored that aspect more -- how the goa'uld incorporated naquadah, was it natural or not, and to what end.

I love this spisode. love the friendship between Daniel and Chaka

Great episode, loved it. Nice background info on the goa'uld n the unas. shame about killing rothman, he was a nice partner for daneil.

especially liked: "Anyone with a snake in their head raise their hand'

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    especially liked: "Anyone with a snake in their head raise their hand'
    yeah that was great quote.
    Lord Zedd

I also liked it when tea'lc was tying everyone up in case they were goualded and Jack goes "what if Iam not O'Niell" and teal'cs response was "then I was not talking too you"
    "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Emperor Zurg
    I also liked it when tea'lc was tying everyone up in case they were goualded and Jack goes "what if Iam not O'Niell" and teal'cs response was "then I was not talking too you"
    I love that scene.

Yes it is too bad they killed off Rothman. If they didn't, then he could have just filled in during Season 6, when Michael Shanks was gone, and we wouldn't have needed Jonas. (I know about it, but have not seen Season 6 yet, watching Stargate in order, on DVD).

Daniel was brilliant in this one, his interaction with Chaka was one of his best yet! Jack and teal'c were funny and poor old rothman,was it me or did he just seem annoying in this episode, on previous occasions I was getting to like him. They would have needed a bit more work on him before he could replace daniel though.

I absolutely adore this episode! I would go so far as to say it's one of my top five favourite Daniel related episodes. I agree with you, Perriman about Daniel's interaction with Chaka. I love that they learn from each other. This episode also has some great lines!

this episode had Daniel which was nice and it introduced a new frien in the form of Chaka, it also introduced the now well known P90, S4 of Sg-1 really ha a different atmossphere

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Pasternak
    Major Coburn (played by Steve Bacic, who would later play Camulus) was in this episode, yes. It was actually a reccurring role.
    It was great seeing him. He was in "Maternal Instinct", too. He also played Telemachus Rahde, one of the main characters in seasons four and five of Andromeda - it would be great if he could come back for season 9 of SG-1 so he could be in an episode with Ben Browder. Then we'd have representatives from all of my favorite shows in one episode.

This kind of episode isn't really my "thing", but it was enjoyable nonetheless. The Unas look fantastic. I can't think of any more lifelike rubber-suit-creatures off the top of my head. The actor who played him was great, and they did a good job distorting the voices and adding growls and breathing and stuff. I also noticed that they must have put a little device in Chaka's muzzle that would allow him to snuffle. Because he looked so believable already I didn't even notice until the second time I watched it.

Some great bits of dialogue, too. I especially like the part when they're having the roast Goa'uld and they end up playing catch.

Daniel: Yes, let's play "toss the symbiote head". Very popular. All the kids are doing it. Oops, whoops, into the fire.
    Shaka: *gasp!*
    Daniel: But, don't worry, becaaaause... (produces a candy bar and holds it up) Naan!
    Shaka: ...ka!
    Daniel: Now now, don't say "ka" until you've tried it. (takes a bite) Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Shaka: (grabs it, takes a bite) grrrrrrrrrr....
    Daniel: Yes. Mmmmmmmmmm.
    Shaka: grrrrrrrrrrr...(takes another bite)
    Daniel: Funny, this is how I met my father-in-law.

Oh, and YAY! for the P-90's!
    Also AWWW because this is the last episode with long-haired Sam.

Second Lieutenant

I loved this episode! I am one of they very few who likes all Unas episodes(inluding Enemy Mine)...but i may be biased because they all focus on Daniel a lot, he is so awesome!

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

I realy like the unas and dr jackson making the missions involving the unas perfect for me. This mission the first mission to encounter the unas was defenitaly the most interesting. They live in a pack like dawgs, but are very smart it is a incredible species.

Smile Re: The First Ones (408)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Some great bits of dialogue, too. I especially like the part when they're having the roast Goa'uld and they end up playing catch.

Daniel: Yes, let's play "toss the symbiote head". Very popular. All the kids are doing it. Oops, whoops, into the fire.
    Shaka: *gasp!*
    Daniel: But, don't worry, becaaaause... (produces a candy bar and holds it up) Naan!
    Shaka: ...ka!
    Daniel: Now now, don't say "ka" until you've tried it. (takes a bite) Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Shaka: (grabs it, takes a bite) grrrrrrrrrr....
    Daniel: Yes. Mmmmmmmmmm.
    Shaka: grrrrrrrrrrr...(takes another bite)
    Daniel: Funny, this is how I met my father-in-law.

Oh, and YAY! for the P-90's!
    Also AWWW because this is the last episode with long-haired Sam.
    Oh yeah, this is my favorite part. I loved the friendship that was formed between Danial and Chaka. And I loved Sam's hair - I realise the Air Force stipulated that she either tie her hair up or cut it but it looked so nice and feminine. Damn the regulations!!
    Seriously though, I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

I agree the relationship between them is very genuine.

Chgaka nad Daniel were great in the episode and the scene with Tealc suspecting eeveryone of being a Goa'uld was funny too. One of the best eps of the season.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast