Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First Ones (408)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The First Ones (408)

    Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 408

    Dr. Jackson is taken captive by an Unas while on an archaeological dig. The S.G.C. mounts a rescue operation, but discovers a danger of their own.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; February 6, 2021, 09:22 PM.

    #2
    I was very upset that they killed off Rothman.

    This show tends to do things like that. They'll give you a likeable character, play him in a few episodes so the audience gets attached, then kill him off. It's upsetting.

    I suppose, though, that this is what sets the show apart from all the rest; they're realistic about casualties in an interstellar war.

    Comment


      #3
      There were some nice bits between Daniel and the Unas, esp. the dinner scenes. I half expected D to take a bite of bbq'd Goa'uld and say "Tastes like chicken!"

      I'm kind of glad they killed off Rothman, I never really liked him.
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        I also found it a pity, poor Rothman...he was even geekier than Daniel!
        I admit I have a soft spot for people like him - even if they are annoying.

        I found the whole "toss the dead Goa'uld" thing hilarious!

        "Don't play with your food, children!"

        Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

        Comment


          #5
          The Unas are very cool.

          Comment


            #6
            were the Goa'uld that lived in the lake the same as regular Goa'uld?

            Comment


              #7
              I think they were still somewhat primitive.

              Comment


                #8
                I thought the eye glowing thing required Naquada(h), how did these Goa'uld avoid detection by Sam, yet did the eye glowing thing?

                This was like that S6 episode, "NightWalkers"
                Secret LUELinks Agent!
                …………………………………………………. __ . __
                ……………………………………………….../’`: : `\,---`.„
                ………………………………………………../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_
                ………………„~*¯¯`”\,………... _„_………( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-,
                ……………../ : •: (“,.~;*’¯¯¯”\, (_,-- ``”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\
                ………….....| : • :,/`,-*~;~••-„,/ (‘` ``)/• ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : \
                …………….| : • / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` • • ): : : : : : : : : : : |
                ……………..) : µ’` .\ (c) `¯ . . •`), . ,-~`.. \ : : :| • • '”\, : : : : : : : : : : :/
                ……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `\: :\ • • • • `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘
                ……………`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, • • • • • • ¯”~---,--`
                …„„………__\, • ‘, • . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ • • • • • • • • „-“
                .( :•`\,-~*`¯ • • •`¯` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `1` / : | • • • ,---~*”`
                . \•:••:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`¯¯¯¯/ / • • • • • ‘\,) , / : :| • • • •\
                …`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`` . ( • • • ,.__| | • • • •, `\„„/ ,/`: : / • • • • •|

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yeah, but when was Rothman ever likeable?
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Xerxus
                    I thought the eye glowing thing required Naquada(h), how did these Goa'uld avoid detection by Sam, yet did the eye glowing thing?

                    This was like that S6 episode, "NightWalkers"
                    I believe that there was no Naquada in the Goa'uld on this planet. It was mention that it was probably later in their evolution.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Xerxus
                      I thought the eye glowing thing required Naquada(h), how did these Goa'uld avoid detection by Sam, yet did the eye glowing thing?

                      This was like that S6 episode, "NightWalkers"
                      Eye-glowing is not depandant on naquada. Point in case in this ep. goa'uld who have been stated to have no naqaduah eye-glowed.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Since the primative goa'uld on this planet don't have naquada in their system, they can't be detected by other goa'uld, nor, I asuume, can they detect other goa'uld. So what would happen if a goa'uld in a host walks up to the water, and a goa'uld in the water tries to take the host as well?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I thought it was a great Daniel episode.

                          And he looked really good in that camouflage bandanna, Really, really good.

                          Lisa Michelle

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                            Since the primative goa'uld on this planet don't have naquada in their system, they can't be detected by other goa'uld, nor, I asuume, can they detect other goa'uld. So what would happen if a goa'uld in a host walks up to the water, and a goa'uld in the water tries to take the host as well?
                            There would be the chance of a really cool but icky special effect, as the two fought under the skin of the host.

                            Either that, or the invader would get caught and eaten. Also icky!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by SeaBee
                              There would be the chance of a really cool but icky special effect, as the two fought under the skin of the host.

                              Either that, or the invader would get caught and eaten. Also icky!
                              Goa'uld don't have mouths...



                              They have sharp manidbles instead, to pierce the skin of a potential host.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X