This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subject: Wraith Character Depth

This isn't a post about "what I don't like" as this is only the beginning of the 2nd season. This post is more or less a "where I hope the writers go with the characters" type of post.

I LIKE the Wraith..but right now we know next to nothing about them...sometimes mystery can make something more "scary" But let's face it..the wraith soldiers are just big, dumb tanks...not threatening. So the mystery part doesn't work.

What I hope to see later in the season is maybe allowing us to view more of the command structure of the Wraith onboard ships and on planets. They are far too quiet right now...so, it would be nice to see some of them talking.

It would also be nice to see them do more things other than just feeding...it makes them very one-dimensional as villians...the episode where they found a Wraith research facility was great...

I WOULD like to see them go more into that..maybe a split between the Wraith...those that prefer the "old ways" of just feeding...and those that prefer to go into experimentation...two very conflicting ideals.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

It says in the Gateworld spoilers that we'll learn a lot more about the Wraith in the mid-season two parter: The Lost Boys/The Hive.

For the record, two-parters i nthe middle or end of a season suck. I hate waiting. But I'm getting off topic. So, if this is true we should learn much about these Wraith and hopefully their society.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Be patient - it took a while to find out about the jaffa fully and for tptb to decide what they wanted them to be
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Yes..just have to wait. that can be hard sometimes.

I WOULD like to see a Wraith power-struggle..maybe one Wraith rises above the others and actually takes over...maybe a wraith with unique telepathic powers that draws all the wraith to him under his command...power-struggles are always fun.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

As the food shortages continue I believe the Wraith will become divided
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

For the longest time, the wraith were portrayed as nothing but primal villians bent on feeding and destroying. Yes, that is very one dimensional and uninteresting. Who wants to see the same thing over and over again? I'm glad the writers have taken the initiative to go into depths of the wraith and their history.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
            Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I just hope their history doesnt gross us out
              love Torri

Comment

I secretly hope it does.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well thats no longer a secret
                  love Torri

Comment

Yea we still have to wait for them show us what the wraith are really about etc....
                    I hope the Wraith are much more deadlier etc..
                    because currently there just "10 yr old kids with shapeships and superpowers"...

Comment

We had Steve who was a literary genius and was ready to surrender to sgc, spending the rest of his life in the Middle-West on a dedicated cable tv show, where he would sit in an armchair close to the fireplace, a big ancient book in his lap, introducing horror tales by a "Today my little friends" and ending by a "and remember, I am your death".

But he got killed.....
                      No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
                      I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                      Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Working...
                      X