No announcement yet.

Legacy (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you would think SG-1 would get used to weird things happening and not automatically assume they are crazy.
    Last edited by Selmak; 15 July 2004, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I just saw this episode last night (during the Stargate monday maratheon). It was the first time I'd see it.

It was a very good episode! Micheal Shanks was GREAT in it! He was VERY convincing. I really thought he'd gone crazy!!

My favorite part of the episode is probably:

When Dr. Jackson opens up his closet and the Stargate wormhole was there (reminded me of that commerical where the guy opens his fridge and the wormhole is in there! lol! ). Then, a creature comes out of the wormhole, grabs Jackson, and pulls him in!! Very cool!

Anyway, very good episode!!

I like these Stargate Mondays!

DF2506
      " Just recently got into Stargate alot. I have seen the first episode and a couple of other episodes (some from season 6), but I hadn't been into Stargate as much as I am now! Its a VERY good series! "

Comment

Those refrigerator/garage door commercials are cool.

Comment

Yeh they are. But there are so many other things that could have event horizons....TVs, Monitors....closet doors.....
          sigpic

Comment

That is a good point... a TV would be the BEST!

Comment

What? Would you try to jump into your tv then? I just hope it's not one of those little portable ones...shame to get stuck in the event horizon....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
              Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
              ~CELLO!~
              ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                Ok I just watched this episode again (coz it's such a goody), but this time around I've got a few issues with it.

It leaves a lot of unanswered questions, so if anyone can tell me the answers, I'll be very grateful.

1. Which of the Linvers used a Ribbon device to lock the secret chamber from the inside and why? It doesn't seem very goa'uld like to try to stop a 'plague', for want of a better word, from spreading to other Goa'uld. If you saw the goa'ulds around you dropping off like flies, the first reaction would probably be to get as far away as possible, not to lock yourself in with them. I've never thought of the goa'uld as a self-sacrificing race. If the person was already affected, again the reaction would be to go get help.

Not to mention that if you were a goa'uld host and some device killed your symbiot, you'd probably start jumping for joy and then get out of there ASAP.
                Perhaps the door was locked before the Goa'uld killers were released. Secret meetings and all that..
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

MS did a great job in this one, but I wished the whole ep focused on him going "crazy." He got back to normal pretty quickly. I guess it was because they wanted to have Jack, Sam, and Janet be infected as well. However, it didn't last too long since Sam figured out the solution with five minutes left in the ep, as usual.

I felt so sorry for Daniel, especially when he said "I'm sorry I'm such a head case." Also when Sam gets upset when the team's all visiting him. Now was the blurry vision of Daniel's a side effect of the meds or because he didn't have his glasses on? When Daniel's without his glasses that usually means he's crazy or evil. Well, except in Beneath the Surface and Upgrades.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Glad we got to revisist Machello some. Atleast his inventions. There is so many plot lines that the writers just leave empty after 1 show. I don't know if they do this is a future ep but if they could get another one of those reader thingys and use it to kill some Goa'uld would be cool. SPOILERS RECKONING
                    Spoiler:
                    But considering most of them are dead now after Ba'al and then RepliCarter finish off the system lords i don't think they will.

Comment

I think this episode was great althought i didn't understand sam explanation. Daniel gave a award winning perfermane IMO. He was great i wanted to hug him cause i wanted to let him know that everything was going to be fine. ok now i think i'm going crazy. Daniel was so great in the white room it was expectacular. if he's as good in Lifeboat as he was in this episode and as good as you guys said he was then he definetly deserved that Leo award.

Comment

This episode was a great part for michael shanks, they had me guessing right up to when we found out exactly what was happening. Although I was surprised they shoved him in the nuthouse straight away. Its a shame it was a throw-away episode, they never used any more info on michello's little blue friends (bit of a waste) and we never found out much about the 9 goa'uld who tried to take on the system lords. Still a good episode for building up the characters and we get to see the good Doctor in action.

Comment

Hey, folks. My first post here (heehee!)

I thought this was a cool episode too. Daniel is kinda my favorite character and I've always had a phobia of psychiactric wards. It seems like there was some unexploited potential here - it was so scary in the beginning, then the scary stuff gets explained, taking away all the scaryness. One of Daniel's theories from the beginning could have been right, and it could have been a "Gua'ould ghosts terrorizing the base" episode. Just thinking about it makes me want to turn the lights on in here.

Another direction that the episode could have gone would be to have Daniel actually go crazy, and eventually need to be on meds. Then we could feel all broken up for him like Sam seems to, without that layer of episodic-sci-fi-induced disbelief that acts as a buffer between us and the characters' emotions.

But it was neat seeing Dr. Frasier go all nutty. We don't usually get to see her emote much. And Machiello was cool. I didn't realize that he was also played by Michael Shanks until the credits for this episode. Good age makeup.

Comment

Great Episode MS has a knack for carrying it really well and he did it here!!!!! Great storyline from TPTB more like this please!

Comment

I used to love this episode. I still think it's very well done. I just got to realising that I hate seeing Daniel all crazy (It's wonderful when he gets back to normal), so I really can't watch it anymore.

Comment

Once again, Daniel gets the short end of the stick! Yeah, alright episode good acting by MS.

Comment

Working...
                                X