Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the "eden" aliens already know the cosmic background radiation code???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Q&A Tygh Runyan did on Mallozzi blog leads me to believe that yes, they probably do.

Comment

they must at least know about it if they're that advanced
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
        Those aliens don't seem very powerful. Oma was able to save the Abydonians, rebuild Abydos, and bring Skaara back and she didn't pull a dick move like the eden aliens and let them die a second time.

My money is still on the aliens being the C'Tan/Necrons.
        We need the Emperor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
          they must at least know about it if they're that advanced
          Just cause they are advanced, does not ean they know that there is that code..

Comment

YES they do know. because we were told so.....in imagination land.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              Except she only rebuilt the pyramid and the gate as far as we know, ascended the Abydonians rather than restore them, then removed the pyramid and Stargate again.
              The unascended Ancients could have done what the eden aliens did too. They could have gone back in time to save Cain's entire group from death or made perfect clones of them and then use their wormhole drive to deliver them to Destiny.

Comment

When in 'imagination' land were we told?? Back in Intervention, when the 'baby incident happened with TJ' they hadn't even found out about the code...

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
                  Why would you possibly believe the planet builders are responsible for the code?

First off, Rush was pretty insistent that it wasnt necessarily a "code" at all, it was just an imprint, a structure, but not necessarily a message. A footprint is not a code, but it does tell you that someone was there.

Second off, just because there's a mysteriously powerful new alien race in this one galaxy out of billions in the universe, they must be responsible for something completely unrelated? Why couldnt the Ancients be responsible for the "code", for that matter? Or the Asgard, we know they had time-control technology?

All we know about them is they can build solar systems and apparently fold space. That's still a few big steps away from scratching your initials into the birth of time itself.

Third off, carbon dating only works on Earth They wouldn't have a C14 calibration curve for the Eden atmosphere. You'd have to do a telomere length analysis to see if their DNA is "new or used"...but I really doubt they have the equipment for either of those analyses with them anyway.
                  I'm sure others have said this, however the ancients were just a race of beings (Alterans) that ascended over thousands of years (watch SG-1 ); once they ascended supposedly they gained the knowledge of the universe, they didn't elaborate on whether or not they gained knowledge that the creator has. I'm assuming, once they ascended that they no longer cared about Destiny.

My guess would be the eden aliens are just very advanced more so than the Asgard. It's not hard to believe given the amount of depicted galaxies out there.

What I'm wondering is if the baby was supposedly on Eden according to he dream/experience she had, where is it?

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
                  Not if the Ancients that were responsible for the code came after Destiny. Its possible they created a structure in the Big Bang without realizing that its what their ancestors had seen. Maybe they themselves created the signal later, while trying to discover its nature, in a classic ontological paradox
                  Again, please don't take this for being rude, but the Ancients were just just a race (Alterans) that over time ascended. They are not the creator of this code. You should really watch SG-1/Atlantis if you haven't already.
                  Last edited by Mainer82; 30 November 2010, 05:43 AM.
                  z

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    When in 'imagination' land were we told?? Back in Intervention, when the 'baby incident happened with TJ' they hadn't even found out about the code...
                    here is my take on the whole TJ's baby is:

Caine and company died on eden planet (natural death)
                    Eden aliens came, and feels sorry for Caine and company.
                    cloned two group of caine and company
                    One group stayed on the planet while the other was sent to destiny
                    The group that stayed where given cabins and etc... to lived on (maybe the eden aliens wanted see some experiment/curios about humans)
                    TJ and baby was transported to eden planet (since the eden aliens found out about the baby thru Caine's memory)
                    maybe since the cloned humans keeps on dying, the Aliens wanted an untainted sample (the baby)
                    The eden aliens can create planets, suns, life BUT could not create souls (the missing ingreidient in becomming all GOD-like)

If you think about it, it does makes perfect sense, if you have all this power and can create just about anything, BUT can not create a soul, wouldn't you want a brand new sample (TJ's baby) to experiment on.

It makes you wonder on why the other clones in Stargate does not start dying??? Dr. Beckett anyone??

Comment

Rearranged quotes to make replying easier.

Originally posted by combiner1 View Post
                      The eden aliens can create planets, suns, life BUT could not create souls (the missing ingreidient in becomming all GOD-like)
                      What is a soul in the fictional Stargate universe?

Originally posted by combiner1 View Post
                      Caine and company died on eden planet (natural death)
                      Eden aliens came, and feels sorry for Caine and company.
                      cloned two group of caine and company

It makes you wonder on why the other clones in Stargate does not start dying??? Dr. Beckett anyone??
                      Going by what was said in the episode, the planet aliens reanimated the original bodies so no cloning was involved.
                      sigpic

Comment

well, they might know part of the code - either that or they are a he, Slartibartfast!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNtlS69HhU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t03Cj...eature=related

Comment

My theory is that they are several beings that first Ascended. They started ascension. They are a lot more powerful that the Ascended being we know of.

I'm sure they do.

Comment

Just because they are advanced, doesn't mean its them. I'm not sure how this is quantified in Stargate, but in our actual universe, its infinitely large. I'm saying that because its consantly expanding. If there are advanced aliens in one galaxy, the chances are high you will find equally advanced ones in another galaxy. The universe is so huge that there could be quite a few races out there even more advanced than the Ancients or the planet builders.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah you are right, most people that watch stargate series, consider the ancients being the most advanced. In SG-1 and SG-A, there are 2 advanced races, Asgard and Ancients (Alterrans and Ori), the Asgard which was only 100,000 years of civilization, are just as advanced or slightly below the ancients level of technology. For me at the end of SGA, the Asgards, were more advanced than the ancients during their prime. Just because they were the gatebuilders, and they were a million years of civilization doesnt mean, there arent other civilizations out there in other galaxy, that are equally, or much more advanced than the ancients. PLUS I THINK THIS ASCENSION THING KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNIVERSE IS OVERATTED, AND EXAGGERATED.

Comment

Working...
                              X