Butter Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i guess i just don't understand the whole rank thing.
    It usually because the officers have some form of education while NCOs have can enlist out of high school. That said many military forum members have gone on a record to say a new lieutenant would be a fool not to listen to the Sgts. they command
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      i guess i just don't understand the whole rank thing.
      Part of it is that they go through various officer training schools which is pretty freakin' strenuous physically as well as mentally. They're trained to lead. Officers strategize and give the orders while the NCOs and other enlisted men get it done. However, that doesn't mean enlisted men are chumps. A Master Sergeant or higher would have so much experience and respect that officers usually trust them to handle their staff sergeants as they see fit. This definitely isn't always the case though. With Greer though, Scott would be an absolute idiot to not listen to his advice on any tactical situation.

Edit: Officer training schools are the equivalent of college-level training and above.
      sigpic

Comment

I personally had no idea of the slang's meaning so my first though was it had something to do with butter on your (man) bar. I'll let you imagine what that looks like. Anyway thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Well she does smack Greer into the wall in the next episode....im afraid to think what she can do if she realy wanted someone dead.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
            I personally had no idea of the slang's meaning so my first though was it had something to do with butter on your (man) bar. I'll let you imagine what that looks like. Anyway thanks for clearing that up.
            I didn't know what it meant either, I thought it was either a military slang (not thinking about the colour of the bar but "as weak as butter") or slang referring to his hair colour (sorta like "carrot top").
            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I always thought Lt Scott was a O2 (or as we say in the navy, Lt junior grade, not an O1, or an Ensign).

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I always thought Lt Scott was a O2 (or as we say in the navy, Lt junior grade, not an O1, or an Ensign).
                no, he is a First Lt.

Comment

Anyone else disappointed that this wasn't an actual reference to a butter bar of some kind? I thought it was a fat joke at first, to be honest, or some kind of weird military insult.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I watched South Park a couple of weeks ago about baking lemon bars, so I was like wtf is a butter bar?

Comment

my theory is that Greer was actually calling him fat.

Comment

Working...
                      X