No announcement yet.

The shuttle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40.000 years. And that's not a whole lot more than how long it was abandoned before the expedition arrived. If ancients build stuff to last for hundreds of thousandsof years, or millions even, you can't really expect a lot to change in 50.000 years.

Comment

Aw man! The memories! The Last Man was one of my favorite episodes. Mostly because of McKay's sacrifice and love for his friend(s), and because the idea of what the earth will look like in 42.000 AD and what the heck has happened the last 40.000 years was so fascinating.

Too bad they didn't do anything further with it...

Comment

Since the crew of that shuttle eventually died from their original causes, wouldn't the shuttle eventually fall apart again?
        The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by JoseP927 View Post
          Since the crew of that shuttle eventually died from their original causes, wouldn't the shuttle eventually fall apart again?
          Technology is not the same as life. They could fix the ship. Life is harder.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            yeah, it would be interesting.

i liked seeing the inside of the shuttle, i wonder why the aliens fixed it up, just to send the people back to destiny. unless they wanted destiny to have a working shuttle for some reason.
            Final Season...forgot the ep name.... Sheppard goes like 75,000 years into the future and finds atlantis in similar shape.

Comment

Oh yes, that shuttle interior was just plain sexy. I especially loved how it looked in the Rush vs. Caine scene, with the cockpit all lit up and silvery and stuff.

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
              The whole idea is ridiculous... To be able to do that kinda stuff, takes almost godlike powers.

(At least when Goauld or ascended ancients pulled things like that, human bodies or familiar technology was within their frame of referece. These aliens are millions of years, AND lightyears away, and would have no idea what our bodies or machinery works)
              Except they've had months to study Caine et. al and the shuttle.

Humans are like ants compared to them. And if you happened to cross an anthill on the way to work, would you go through the time and trouble to make whatever little ant-thing they'd need down there?
              How is that relevant when an alien consciouness has no reason to be in any way similar to mine?

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
                I just have to make a comment here. The shuttle looks really nice on the inside. Gold and navy trimming on everything. It makes me wonder what Destiny would look like inside (and out) if it were brand new.

Right now, the ship looks like it has seen it's better days, but I bet it was beautiful when the Ancients launched it.
                i think the outside of destiny would look the same
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

If these aliens used time manipulation on the shuttle to restore it back to its former glory, then that Kino recording should have been erased. I'd say that could be a plot hole.

Comment

it would be neat if we got an episode that explores destiny getting built and launched we cold see the ship brand new in flashbacks.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

If these aliens used time manipulation on the shuttle to restore it back to its former glory, then that Kino recording should have been erased. I'd say that could be a plot hole.
                      they just fabricated a whole new one. just as they created new bodies and a new Kino

Comment

Anyone gots a picture of the new shuttle?

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
                          Anyone gots a picture of the new shuttle?

http://static1.travelandleisure.com/...axi-manila.jpg

The image files for the episode should be out in a day or so...

regards,
                          G.
                          Last edited by Gollumpus; 28 November 2010, 04:16 PM. Reason: typo
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                            http://static1.travelandleisure.com/...axi-manila.jpg

The image files for the episode should be out in a day or so...

regards,
                            G.
                            except that the last episode they released screen caps for was Cloverdale, which makes me VERY angry

Comment

Working...
                            X