No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes, etc. from 'Visitation'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn the mic back on - Winston Churchill.

I laughed out loud. I actually laughed quite a bit during this episode, until, y'know, people started dropping like flies. The Trojan Horse conversation was hilarious as well.

I really liked the Greer/Chloe scenes. I was like "hug her damnit!" Man, I hope Greer doesn't have to kill her... I was a little sad that we didn't get to see her goodbye to Eli, so I hope that comes up in another episode.

I always wanted to see Stargate do a horror episode, and this was probably as close as we'll get. I do think it was well done (if a little too religious for my taste).
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

"any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic", Arthur C Clarke"
      "turn the mic back on, Winston churchill"
      "really?"

Comment

Some things:

Greer and Park talking on the observation deck.

The Zombies.

The "new" shuttle, looked like it even had a new exterior paint, with some red I think. Makes me wonder again what Destiny looked like when it launched.

When Rush was showing Destiny's mission off at the still, got the feeling that Rush is still the only one who really cares about it. Not a lot of buy in yet.
        My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          repaired dome
          This too, yeah.

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
          I always wanted to see Stargate do a horror episode, and this was probably as close as we'll get. I do think it was well done (if a little too religious for my taste).
          I think SGA had horror(-ish?) episode "Whispers", but it's been ages since I last saw it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            I think SGA had horror(-ish?) episode "Whispers", but it's been ages since I last saw it.
            I probably should have said I always wanted to see SG1 do a horror episode. I never liked Atlantis, but it's still fun to know that they at least tried to do horror.
            Originally posted by Callista
            Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
            Originally posted by HPMom
            She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
              I probably should have said I always wanted to see SG1 do a horror episode. I never liked Atlantis, but it's still fun to know that they at least tried to do horror.
              In fact, SGA season 3 was full with horror and mystic eps. My favorite was when whales projected rather disturbing images of Ancients when they wanted that Atlantians protected planet from violent sun burst. It was truly frightening.
              Last edited by Pecisk; 24 November 2010, 11:27 PM. Reason: It was S3, not S4 :)

Comment

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post
                In fact, SGA season four was full with horror and mystic eps. My favorite was when whales projected rather disturbing images of Ancients when they wanted that Atlantians protected planet from violent sun burst. It was truly frightening.
                echoes and it was season 3 . and definetly a good episode. as was the one where Shepherd was in everyone's nightmares.

i liked the scene with eli and chloe, where she couldn't say goodbye to him. reminded me of when shephard couldn't say goodbye to mckay.

and of course the begining where they discover the shuttle.
                sigpic

Comment

Young to TJ: "Eli can't keep his mouth shut!"
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Wray's bit about people freaking her out, Greer and Park, Greer and Chloe, TJ in general...
                    and Caine's final scene accepting that he was already dead and all that, that really touched me.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

-I loved that I found Caine more tolerable and more sympathetic as a result of the doubts and fears he displayed.

-I found the scenic flashbacks to “Eden” perfectly creepy.

-I enjoyed Young and Camille’s friendly chat. I liked even better the discussion between TJ and Caine at the end of the episode.

-I enjoyed the mystery presented to us and I thought the tragic fate of those who had stayed behind on “Eden” was wonderfully realized.

-I enjoyed Greer’s talk with Scott. It kind of piggybacked off from the conversation they had in the Kino : “Drop the Sirs”.

-Speaking of kinos…the message recorded on the kino found in the shuttle gave me goose bumps.

-Unlike some folks on the world wide web I’m happy that the aliens of eden and their motives were not explained to us. For sci fi like this I prefer that there are mysteries that go unsolved. At least for a little while.

-I think this episode may have given the best use of Chloe’s character to date. I never hated the character so I’m happy over this development.

-The Greer and Chloe scene was superb; one of the best the series has provided. I’m still uncertain however if overall the moment was less powerful or more powerful because of the fact that Greer has rarely been in a scene with Chloe, let alone had an extended conversation with her. Anyway once again Jamil was amazing. Give the guy average dialogue and he makes it sound more interesting than it has any right to be. Give him great dialogue however and he will truly make something special of it. And Elyse gave some of her best work in that scene as well. Another plus is that twice she said the name “Ronald”. Its been a long time since a crew member has called him that.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        You know when she said I was thinking yeah over qualified an put there for a other reason. She never seemed all that interesting managing resources an people.
                        yep i thought that she hinting at something there.
                        ----------------------------
                        You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
                          When Rush was showing Destiny's mission off at the still, got the feeling that Rush is still the only one who really cares about it. Not a lot of buy in yet.
                          You could tell some were.. others were more like "ya, what ever'

Comment

Rush: I see the greatest mystery of all time.
                            James: Really?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, most of mine have been listed. Blah blah Chloe/Greer and Chloe's failed goodbye to Eli were win blah blah.

Now that thread title needs more than a simple "Moments/Quotes" thingie... Favourite Moments/Quotes/... Crunchy Muffins. No. Favourite Moments/Quotes/BAG Reference. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Greer Being Awesome. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Nonexistent Ginn Reference. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Hypnosis?!?
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                Yeah, most of mine have been listed. Blah blah Chloe/Greer and Chloe's failed goodbye to Eli were win blah blah.

Now that thread title needs more than a simple "Moments/Quotes" thingie... Favourite Moments/Quotes/... Crunchy Muffins. No. Favourite Moments/Quotes/BAG Reference. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Greer Being Awesome. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Nonexistent Ginn Reference. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Hypnosis?!?
                                yes, dad, will try to do better next time
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X