No announcement yet.

Glowing aliens...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as he is one of the religous types, the bright light was his way of dying. He said he knew he is a dead man, so we just saw how he died in the flashback.. Hope you guys won't be too mad about the sgu writers actually adding gods to an episode
    Any sufficiently advanced race is indistinguishable from god.

(..to any insufficiently advanced race)

Comment

Originally posted by coZma View Post
      What aliens? We only saw a bright light coming from the shuttles window which then envelops the whole inside of the ship. I saw no aliens and I watched this ep 2 times already
      So maybe it was their version of a kino...

Comment

Originally posted by lars View Post
        Well, as he is one of the religous types, the bright light was his way of dying. He said he knew he is a dead man, so we just saw how he died in the flashback.. Hope you guys won't be too mad about the sgu writers actually adding gods to an episode
        It wasn't a flashback, it was a kino feed

So maybe it was their version of a kino...
        To me it looked like like they were scanning them or something similar to an Asgard beam, but it could be anything
        "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

I think it's the Obelisk light.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
            I think it's the Obelisk light.
            Yes, it is the same what i was thinking.
            The obelisk is their way of controlling the worlds they build.

Comment

Maybe the obelisk has the power to fulfill prayers and all they ever had to do was pray for help.

On a more serious note, I believe these aliens are just the local ascended beings in that part of the universe. Ascended beings are described as having "all the knowledge and power of the universe" which explains how it was possible for them to do everything they did. Just imagine what ascended beings could do without all the rules and restrictions.
              sigpic

Comment

People tend to forgot, the big question here. We know that the Ancient went on this big project to find the leftovers from the design of the universe in CMB, but then we find out they abandoned the project shortly after, because they learned of ascension and began studying it.

What if they thought that by ascending they were going to get the answer to this question, who, how and why was the universe created. As Oma said ascending does not make you all powerful, it just gives you a better understanding, and this is what Destiny is searching for understanding of the purpose of the universe and how intelligent life existed prior to its creation.
                We know from Oma that there are different races that have ascended, some have formed groups of coalition like the *Others* what if these aliens that created the solar system are also part of another coalition or simply exist by themselves as ascended not unlike the Ori in their home galaxy. We know from Oma also that there are different levels of ascension some bellow and above there.

I find it strange that the crew gets so amazed and impressed by what this aliens can do, when the ancients re-created Abidos and brought the people back to life and ascended them when they worked together?

Tain

sigpic

Comment

Furlings.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Furlings.
                    Possible, after all we know they moved A LONG LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY....

Tain

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if they are actually furry. Cute little teddi bear creatures would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Furlings.
                        LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

maybe it (they) was (were) a (some) superascended(s). Like Landry said: "There has to be an order of being higher than them. [...] you have to fill in some of the lines with a little faith." (or something like that).

Comment

We saw energy beings before that were not ascended, why are these any different ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                              Had the ancienty feel to it imo...but i doubt they would do such a shi*ty job at reviving dead people.
                              What?!?! No one knew?

The Ancients made their presence known since the episode 'Air'. Since none of the crew have ever met them, they would not have known how the Ancients communicate with humanity. Jackson, Carter, Teal'c, and Jack were the only ones with first hand experiences.

Second, the Ancients wouldn't revive anyone for long. They were only giving them an opportunity to say goodbye. Remember, the Ancients have a very harsh non-interference code of ethics, so they wouldn't bring someone back from the dead permanently.

Third, did it ever occur to anyone that the end of "The Ark of Truth" may have persuaded the Ancients to show some compassion?

Fourth, TJ met the stranded crew members in her dream 'after they died'. How? The Ancients wanted to psychologically help her recover from being close to death. If she gave up due to the loss of her baby, she would have died along with her daughter. That is why none of the returning crew members knew about the baby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Ci...argate_SG-1%29

Back at SGC, SGC personnel attempt to dial back to Abydos, but they are unable to connect, and fear that Abydos may have been obliterated by Anubis's superweapon. SG-1 continue to brief General Hammond about the situation and everything that transpired on Abydos. Carter and Walter continue dialing Abydos, as Carter refuses to believe that the planet is gone. Suddenly, after dozens of attempts, the Stargate establishes a wormhole to Abydos. Hammond allows SG-1 to return to Abydos to find out what has happened. SG-1 goes through the gate and discovers Skaara and his people. Astonished and yet relieved, SG-1 ask Skaara what happened. Skaara tells them that Oma helped all the Abydonian people around the planet ascend and that the people and the Stargate are only an illusion. Skaara sadly informs them that he has not heard anything about Daniel’s fate. Suddenly, all the people disappear. Relieved that the Abydonians had not perished during Anubis's attack, SG-1 then returns back to Earth.
                              Last edited by Dr. Carter; 25 November 2010, 02:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                i think it wasn't the aliens. i think it was the Shuttle being destroyed. hence how Caine died.
                                Caine died?
                                SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                                SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                                ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                                Spoiler:
                                *beep*
                                Young: "What the hell was that?"
                                Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Working...
                                X