Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else get the feeling that....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I also thought it was some kind of mechanism to prevent them from remembering too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
      That was exactly the feeling I got. Some peculiarity of the way the aliens reanimated them meant that they had to wipe their memories as well because if they remembered their own death their minds/bodies would reject the reanimation somehow and they'd die again.

Why else would they erase their memories as well.

It seemed like once the whole notion of some of them dropping dead started to get around they all probably started dwelling on it and thinking about their time on the planet excessively and this caused them to eventually remember their own deaths.

I'll admit though, I initially thought that they broke into the obelisk looking for food/shelter, pissed off the aliens and had kill switches put in their heads in case the mind wipe failed after they were forcibly evicted across two galaxies.

That woman's brain leaked out her ears the minute Eli mentioned the obelisk afterall.
      That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Maybe those that weren't questioned on camera were questioned by other members of the crew, or as you say they started dwelling on it too much and remembered on their own. OR maybe the aliens were watching and decided that things were to dangerous with the Eden-ites being questioned. Afterall all they really wanted was to get them of their planet and return them to the ship.
      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Okay so I know this was not the way the episode ended up, but did anyone else get the feeling throughout the episode that the deaths were being caused by them remembering 'too much'?

First you've got Eli chatting with the one woman, and the moment he asks her about the obelisk she starts gushing blood and dies. And then Camille is hypnotizing the one guy, and as he starts to remember everything, he dies.

They went completely the other direction with the subsequent deaths, but it was just something I found a bit too coincidental.
        Initiallyi i was thinking it had something to do with the remembering.. kind of like what happened to Oneill and co when danny "DIED" in fire and ice...

Comment

op: i thought that at first too, that when it came out that they were dying in the order that they actually died it was much more interesting.

as someone said on another thread, it would have been better if they all died from different things (instead of a massive freezing to death).
          sigpic

Comment

the first died of blunt trauma, the second of intense freezing, the rest of hypothermia.

how many ways do you need?

Comment

Well one of them got bonked on the head by a falling tree. How many unusual deaths do you want?

Comment

I dont think they are dead, i think this episode is a massive red herring.

Any being with the power to move a shuttle that far, instantaneously, with the people on board being reanimated versions of their dead selves and containing their original memories, thoughts - souls etc. Would have been able to fully restore them and not allow them to die, especially if they did indeed build that planet and star.

From the moment that Brody or Volker said "Caines more monotone than that" i got the distinct impression that we were being tested to see what would happen IF the real crew members reappeared right next to Destiny, throw into the mix the kino recording and the timed deaths and you have the potential to see us at our worst or our best.

Young could have just ordered everyone shot and dumped out the airlock as soon as the womans skull spontaneously bashed itself in, but he didnt, we showed compassion and all the good things, we saw it through to the end.

As the general consensus is, that 'Eden' was created by super aliens, i find it harder to believe they could create something of that magnitude and then not properly fix the people they sent to us, properly implant memories and personalities - because many of the people would have to be alive for reliable personality copies, but they were dead, the kino recording again no problem.

Hell, even SGC/Goa'uld could do those things properly, Goa'ulds living for thousands of years, the memory device found in SG-1 season 9.

I believe this episode was a test, to see if Destiny crew were ready to meet the super aliens and have their friends returned to them.

We will see.

N.C

Comment

The super aliens sent them not fully revived back with a purpose, to let them say goodbyes, to show they do not mess to a certain point with faith(kinda non-interfere, but slightly different), they just moved the moment, plus they may know Destiny's mission or want to know it and want to see them moving on and not stopping and settling on some planet. TJ also got to hear what she needed to move on and live life to the fullest and complete the mission.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    It was actually all Eli's fault. I bet this will be a major plot twist near the end of the episode. Eli has super powers and has killed Ginn and the lady from Eden. What you didn't see when Wray was hypnotising was Eli in the background staring at the guy evily. The same goes for all the other crew.

Eli is a murder and "WILL NEVER BE DONE!!!"

SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                    Spoiler:
                    *beep*
                    Young: "What the hell was that?"
                    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

So the first two die after trying to or actually remembering what happened to them on the planet. If they hadn't tried to remember, do you think they'd have died? Well, died again?

Rush's sarcastic argument about belief is that you don't have to explain it because it's faith and God. The minute they tried to remember, they all started croaking. Maybe the aliens would have let them live if they kept the faith and remained blissfully ignorant.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        So the first two die after trying to or actually remembering what happened to them on the planet. If they hadn't tried to remember, do you think they'd have died? Well, died again?

Rush's sarcastic argument about belief is that you don't have to explain it because it's faith and God. The minute they tried to remember, they all started croaking. Maybe the aliens would have let them live if they kept the faith and remained blissfully ignorant.
                        Well that's the thing. The ordering was correct, but the timing is interesting and definitely not correct. I think it may be something to do with trying to remember, but that may have just been to distract the audience.

This still leaves the question unanswered though, why? I think Wray said that she thought there was something that the aliens didn't want us to know, so I think this will play a role.
                        SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                        SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                        ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                        Spoiler:
                        *beep*
                        Young: "What the hell was that?"
                        Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

I think they all reanimated and send back to Destiny as a messenger to tell the story what happened to them and how they all ended dead.

It;s a lesson, news and a free new shuttle. As simple as that...

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                            I think they all reanimated and send back to Destiny as a messenger to tell the story what happened to them and how they all ended dead.
                            If that's the case, then these Planet Builders are even more cruel and twisted than the Ori. They're sadistic. Reanimating bodies only to have them die again and shock those watching, making them feel helpless and potentially in danger? All the power in the Stargate: Universe and you can't sent a text message detailing what happened? Bad God! Bad!
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              If that's the case, then these Planet Builders are even more cruel and twisted than the Ori. They're sadistic. Reanimating bodies only to have them die again and shock those watching, making them feel helpless and potentially in danger? All the power in the Stargate: Universe and you can't sent a text message detailing what happened? Bad God! Bad!
                              They already dead. Their soul can't be captured to continue in the new body. So, what is point to let them live too long without a soul? At least, by telling to the people they know how they died, their soul can move on and rest is peace. Wouldn't that how the human soul journey should be fulfilled?

Comment

Do humans have souls? Do humans in the Stargate universe have souls? Who knows?

I think it's cruel to temporarily reanimate a body that can feel pain just to deliver a message, or for any purpose, really.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X