No announcement yet.

So, I guess he didn't...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we calling them god-aliens, when they can just as easily be ascended beings?

It's obvious these ascended beings have no contact with the network of ascended beings familiar to the Ancients, so they were really bored and decided to clone Cain and co. Some clones live in "Eden", some froze to death, and some died on Destiny. Think SG-1's "Gatekeeper", combined with Ba'al style cloning and some ascension flavor thrown in.

Comment

Well, for starters, we don't know that they're ascended. At least not by the same definition that the Ancients were.

They're an alien intelligence. That's all we know.

And honestly, I'd just prefer not to just assume that they're a form of life that we've already seen before, if we're on the opposite end of existence as we know it. I just would rather see something new than have them constantly bring back things we've known about for years.

Comment

I think he lives. The Kino clearly showed him still alive when the flash happened. Everyone else died the second time with symptoms the same as their first death. So what would his symptoms be on his second death if he never died the first time?

Comment

It may have been the flash that killed him (his soul moving on, that sort of thing) because he did say that the next time they drop out of FTL he'll be dead. I love that this ep left as much questions as Faith did.
          sigpic

Comment

i think he's dead. but not by natural causes.

i think that the shuttle was never transported. Caine clearly says he's reconstructed by the aliens. the shuttle is brand new. i think the Aliens destroyed the original shuttle, killing Caine quickly and painlessly, and then recreated one.

i'm not sure about the part "without a soul". i think the Aliens wanted to give them a last chance, and i think they wanted the Destiny Crew to know what had happened. their "second deaths" was just the Aliens reverting them to the state they were in.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              i think he's dead. but not by natural causes.

i think that the shuttle was never transported. Caine clearly says he's reconstructed by the aliens. the shuttle is brand new. i think the Aliens destroyed the original shuttle, killing Caine quickly and painlessly, and then recreated one.

Doesn't make sense since the Kino is there too, unless its recordings were copied too.

Comment

what i'm saying is that the Shuttle and all it's contents are newly created copies. INCLUDING the Kino and the Footage.

Comment

I trust Caine's assessment of himself-that he is merely a shadow. What was the purpose of their being re-animated though? To say goodbye? No one could even stand to be around them, and their deaths just happened too quickly for any goodbyes. Strange episode.
                  sigpic
                  Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                  O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                  Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                  O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                    Why are we calling them god-aliens, when they can just as easily be ascended beings?

It's obvious these ascended beings have no contact with the network of ascended beings familiar to the Ancients, so they were really bored and decided to clone Cain and co. Some clones live in "Eden", some froze to death, and some died on Destiny. Think SG-1's "Gatekeeper", combined with Ba'al style cloning and some ascension flavor thrown in.
                    They arent 'god' aliens or ascended, they are the Magratheans.
                    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I get the idea that when the flash occured that Caine wasnt dead yet, but he was beyond the point of them being able to save him, so his body (reanimated or cloned) will revert to the point it was at to when the flash occured, at which point he will be beyond saving and eventually succumb to his injuries (organ damage most likely).

Comment

They're definitely not *just* ascended, not the way we know the ancients to be. They can do things like manipulate nature, become invisible etc but as far as creating planets goes they just can't do that. Merlin had to de-ascend to the physical to research and create the anti-ori weapon. These beings are obviously much much more powerful. Possibly just a different type of life that has 'technologically' evolved.

I don't see how ascending any further unlocks the secrets to the universe but I would hazard a guess that they do indeed have something to do with this structure thing.

Comment

It could go either way, but there would be no point to the Episode if something wouldnt contribute to the main arc.

It is really done ambigously. All of them Died the same way they did on the Planet, and Caine was already Freezing to Death and he knew something was wrong with him. However he rememberd much more without dying than anyone else and there is also the Kino footage.

P.S: It seemed like Eli didnt leave a Kino or Remote behind since they couldnt really leave the Planet, so why is there a working Kino Recording right before the flash of light happens?
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I kind of think he died before the aliens could really do anything. I doubt Cain will be back among the crew.
                            From watching it only once, it looked to me like the alien/light appeard just as he passed (eyes didn't move from what i saw)..

I trust Caine's assessment of himself-that he is merely a shadow. What was the purpose of their being re-animated though? To say goodbye? No one could even stand to be around them, and their deaths just happened too quickly for any goodbyes. Strange episode.
                            More than likely.. They died on a forgotten planet in the middle of nowhere, with no way to say goodbye to the ones who they were close too... I don;t know if the 'planet builders' could send them back to earth, so it did the closest thing to me, which was send them back to the ship..

Comment

Here is my theory. When the aliens reanimate his body they can't do anything for the soul. So the soul moved on, but since he never died completely he will never revert to death. Only to the poor state he was in and then he can come back from that poor state by being on the ship in good ehalth. Still without a soul. But not dead either. Some where in the ether!
                              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

So, if everybody reverted back to their natural state... does that mean the shuttle will revert to be nonfunctional?

Comment

Working...
                                X