Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Super Duper Double Rush Awkwardness from 'Twin Destinies'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    What have I done?
    Created a monster. A big, scary monster. Still, it could be worse.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      Created a monster. A big, scary monster. Still, it could be worse.
      So, nothing unusual.
      sigpic

Comment

he probably improved

Comment

Feelin' the love.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Oh god, where to start?

Moments
            • Bill Lee cameo!
            • Rush's speech, especially when all the people who want to stay aboard Destiny stepped forward. It was heartwarming and Rush's face spoke for itself I was suprised about some of the people willing to stay, like Volker, Scott, Chloe and Eli.
            • The dialling of Earth. Love the background music
            • The salvage operation. That's how it's done!
            • Telford's death. Very powerful scene.
            • Future-Destiny being consumed by the star, without a cheesy, big explosion.
            • Every scene that showed the Lucian Alliance members. I like how they were incorporated into many episodes, even if it's just a small scene. Good to see that some of them actually want to be aboard Destiny and that they do everything they can to help (in this episode, helping with the salvage operation).

Quotes
            • Brody: "There's practically no redundancy"
              Volker: "Practically no redundancy..."
              Brody: "Was it funny the first three times?!"
              Volker: "... I am very tired"
            • Brody: "Don't tell him I said that, but he is arguably the smartest person I've ever met.
              (...)
              Eli: "Who was the smartest person you were just talking about?"
              Brody: "... Einstein?"
              Eli: "... Einstein?!"
              Brody: "Yeah, he was... pretty smart"
            • Rush: "Well. Isn't this an interesting turn of events?"
            • Chloe: "But you're joining Stargate Command?"
              Eli: "Like they're gonna ask me!"
              T.J.: "They'll ask you, Eli. You'll be right up there with the other SGC brainiacs like Doctor Jackson, Colonel Carter and... What was that guy's name who kept staring at your...?"
              James: "Ugh. McKay"
              (I laughed out loud at this one )
            • Future-Rush: "My friends." (Laughter) "Oh yes, perhaps that's an overstatement"
            • Brody (completely out of breath): "Spare parts, I had the same idea. I ran all the way to you, so..."
              Young: *holds up radio*
              Brody: *sighs loudly*
            • Telford: "It's the same gate, can it dial itself?!"
              Brody: "I don't see why not. Destiny's address isn't based on a fixed point in space. We'll have to input a distance calculation but you... (looks at Rush and Future-Rush) guys should be able to work that out, right?
              Rush: "Yeah, between me, Eli and... me"
            • Greer: "What do you call those things?"
              Brody: "I don't know. Things... that make it go"
              (...)
              Brody: "Number two, these things. And don't ask me what they're called, I'm not even sure how they work"
            • Varro (after narrowly avoiding being hit by flames shooting out of a door): "Guess we're not going in there"
            • Park: "So, this must be pretty weird for you two, huh?" (I just love her delivery of the line and the expression on her face )
              Future-Rush: "YES!"
            • Telford: "How are we doing?"
              Chloe: "We eat tonight!"
            Last edited by Rylor; 16 March 2011, 06:48 PM.
            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Another week, another thread. Yay capitalism! Or something.

And so... I'll just post a few to get the ball rolling and let everyone else fill in the blanks, and I might edit in some more after I do my rewatch.

Moments:
              - Brody rushing to the bridge, breathless: "I just had an idea. I ran all the way here to tell you..."

Young holds up a radio.

Brody sadfaces.

- Rush accidentally killing Telford. Another Carlyle classic acting awesomeness scene.

- Dr Lee cameo. In Eli's body. Good stuff.

Quotes:
              TJ: "You'll be among the best and brightest at Stargate Command, like Dr Jackson and Colonel Carter and..." (Turns to James) "Who was that guy who kept staring at your-"
              James: "Ugh. McKay."

Chloe: "We eat tonight!"

Varro: "We're supposed to be on Earth by now. What's happened?"
              Greer: "Some funky funky stuff man."

Super Duper Double Rush Awkwardness:
              - Park and the Rushes (Band name right there) in the Control Interface Room. "This must be pretty weird, huh?" says Park. I bet she was thinking of a good book... Dirty gal.
              I'd also add in the
              bridge scene,"sir.. we are getting called.. by Dr Rush..
              Can't be he is standing right by me"

I cried a little when people started stepping forward to stay and see the mission through.
              I got goose bumps to see how many were stepping up.. even ones i didn't figure would (GREER)

* Rush goes to the bridge *
              Rush: "stand aside sergeant"
              Greer: "I can't do that, colonel's orders"
              Rush: "Since when?"
              Greer: "Just now"
              Rush: "Did he say why?"
              Greer: "I didn't ask!" ( hahaha! )
              Rush: "... okay could you tell me where else I've been banned from, save me wasting my time?"
              Greer: "Pretty much any place that you can push buttons"
              Rush: "ah.."
              Greer: "And I've got people where all the buttons are.."
              Classic humor there.. Loved greer for it!

Wray: Someone should report to Homeworld Command. Explain what's been going on.
              Young: Go ahead and when you're back you can explain it to me.
              Was it me or did she crack a smirk at that remark??

Rush: I'll say a dozen.
              Young: Plus you and me?

I had pretty much the exact same reaction as Rush there. I love the dynamic these two have now.
              I was initially surprised that Young said that, but it makes sense especially with Rush saving his ass in greater good.

# Bill Lee cameo!
              I was surprised it was lee. I would have loved someone else, say felger, sam, daniel, mccay, zalenka..

Rush's speech, especially when all the people who want to stay aboard Destiny stepped forward. It was heartwarming and Rush's face spoke for itself I was suprised about some of the people willing to stay, like Volker, Scott, Chloe and Eli.
              I could have sworn it was Brody not volkar who stayed.

# Future-Destiny being consumed by the star, without a cheesy, big explosion.
              Reminded me of Arnie going into the moltent vat in T2.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                IReminded me of Arnie going into the moltent vat in T2.
                From this moment on, every time I watch that scene I'll imagine the Destiny saying "I'll be back.."

I rewatched ( again, 4th time or so? ) and I noticed that when the Alt-Rush had just arrived on the ship an explained what happened, that the other Rush jokingly suggests to repeat what they did a couple times so in the end they'd have a whole crew xD

Comment

I was surprised it was lee. I would have loved someone else, say felger, sam, daniel, mccay, zalenka..
                  I guess one of the main characters would have been too much for a small cameo. But it would have been great to see Zelenka again

I could have sworn it was Brody not volkar who stayed.
                  No, it was definitely Volker.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                    I guess one of the main characters would have been too much for a small cameo. But it would have been great to see Zelenka again

No, it was definitely Volker.
                    Yes, especially since we have already seen Lee what, twice now..

And thanks for the clarification on the Brody/Volkar mix-up.

Comment

Greer "What do you call those things?"
                      Brody "I don't know, things that make it go" lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Telford accusing Rush #2, followed by Telford being fried and Rush's reaction

The acting, oohh, the glorious acting! I really marvel at their acting this and last episode, just like Telfords response to the Ursini death in that one look..

This show so totally deserves more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                          Yeah, but we need to have a Sam cameo and a Walter cameo to keep up them appearing in every season of every Stargate show.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                            Yeah, but we need to have a Sam cameo and a Walter cameo to keep up them appearing in every season of every Stargate show.
                            I have no problem with that
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                              Rush: I'll say a dozen.
                              Young: Plus you and me?

I had pretty much the exact same reaction as Rush there. I love the dynamic these two have now.
                              Yes, I loved this scene.

The acting on the show is always good but Alt-Rush's reaction to Telfords death was superb.

The scene where they see damaged Alt-Destiny was also really moving - I've become really fond of the ship- she's a character in her own right.

This whole episode was brilliant and full of great moments and dialogue.

Comment

ATL!Rush: Shortly after we dropped out of F.T.L., Colonel, you asked me for a number. I told you ten plus two.
                                Volker: Twelve?
                                Rush: Yes, well calculated, Mr. Volker, but I think you're missing the point here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X