Telford Explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
    Umm, if nothing's different it would've been the same, therefore they wouldn't have mentioned it. If anyone can post the exact quote it would be helpful, I can't watch again until tomorrow sometime.
    By that quote, I took it just as them being surprised that the overload didn't wipe out everything useful.

Comment

I find it weird when Camille reported that Alt Telford wanted to switch with Main Telford using the stones. I think there's something a little off with the Alt universe personalities (Rush included), and Alt Telford may have some more sinister motives than Main Telford (who's dead now).

Comment

The Damage difference between the Twin Destinies is purely due to the overload caused by dialing Earth. Apart from that, both Destinies had the exact same damage reports.
        sigpic
        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I gotta tell you when I found out there was a second Telford alive and on Earth I thought to myself this is the most confusing episode of Stargate I have ever seen.

Comment

There's only a difference of 12 hours between the timelines. Everything up to the point of the ninth-chevron lock is exactly the same for the ship and everyone on board.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

agreed.

the damage to the ship was because it was never meant to dial inside a star

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                Not necessarily true. As seen in previous Stargate shows, alternate timelines while very similar can be drastically different. We know this wasn't an identical timeline as the damage on both the Destiny's from the space battle were different. Telford's outlook could be drastically different from what we know. (Even to the point that he may not have been 'cured' from the LA's brainwashing. We really don't know anything about this "new" Telford.)
                Which could explain why he wanted to switch with only his double. That would be an interesting twist.

Comment

Why was he the only one who ended up back on Earth?

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                  Which could explain why he wanted to switch with only his double. That would be an interesting twist.

Comment

Originally posted by Daralundy View Post
                    Why was he the only one who ended up back on Earth?
                    Because he went through first, before the wormhole became unstable.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

People keep speaking as if the Telford on earth is still alive. Aren't both killed if one is as well? Think of Ginny and Amanda Perry.

Comment

so if alt Telford switched with his main double and then was killed, how the hell one of Telfords is still alive? or I missed something?
                          If Telford didn`t used stones in the moment when he died, why did was mentioned that he switched with himself?.....

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                            If Telford didn`t used stones in the moment when he died, why did was mentioned that he switched with himself?.....
                            Wray mentioned that the Telford on Earth wanted to use the stones to switch with the Telford on the Destiny. Unfortunately that Telford was on the alternate Destiny at the time and was killed by the alternate Rush. The stone switch never took place.

Comment

It all made sense to me. I was thinking for a moment why don't they check back with earth because if there's a second rush then there's a second telford, but then they said they didn't dare to use the stones in a star. The only question left is whether Rush did something to sabotage the evacuation or not, although the chances of that should be very slim since he can't have had such a mastery of "time travel physics" especially on such short notice.
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

what about the fact that rush had sat in the chair before - and had chloe doing other calculations....perhaps for such a purpose? i admit its very unlikely but am still left wondering.

maybe the telford on earth knows a bit more about what happened on the alt-destiny.

awesome, awesome episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X