No announcement yet.

Telford Explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why everybody is making a big deal about him wanting to switch with himself. The line Wray said was "he wants to swap with somebody preferably himself".
    Isn't it obvious that it's purely a conveiniance thing? He obviously wants to swap so that he can talk to his Rush and find out what happened. Now if you had the option of swapping with some random person or an exact copy of yourself, wouldn't you ask to swap with yourself. That's all it is.

Comment

So the Destiny travel back in time 12 hrs before Telford went through?
      sigpic
      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

No, they both went back 12 hours at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          No, they both went back 12 hours at the same time.
          Thats speculation. All we know is that Telford made to Earth. Its unknown if time travel was involved for his journey
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

We might as well find out next episode whether or not he travelled back in time.

I like this sort of temporal paradox issue. And they solved the problem of having 2 Telfords and 2 Rushes (Rushi? XD) quite well. It would have been messy and awkward to have two of both or either XD

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Thats speculation. All we know is that Telford made to Earth. Its unknown if time travel was involved for his journey
              We do know that Telford went back in time. After Destiny had gone back 12 hours into the past, Rush used the stones to go to Earth and Telford was the one he swapped with. It would be impossible for Rush to have swapped with Telford unless Telford had also gone back in time 12 hours.

Comment

- also, there must be something going down between him and his Rush, because he cannot trust him enough also to switch with him
                -

or maybe telford remember what happened the last time he and rush switched.young almost murdered him.i think he's just trying to make sure that this time they don't ''play'' him.

Comment

i agree.So here's my theory.lets say he sgc was expecting them at say midnight, they dial the gate and telford makes it thru.about 5 seconds lata destiny went back in time due to solar flares ,but only rush knew.so now its 12 noon at the sgc so they ain't expecting anyone from destiny because eli hasn't contacted them yet.so everyone els step thru the gate and some were sent to other timelines while others got splattered all over sgc's iris.rush then managed to catch another solar flare so that alt destiny could jump again to catch the other destiny before they dial earth.it was while he jumped ahead of this destiny that he stoned to earth and found telford there. feel free to poke holes whereva necessary

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post

i agree.So here's my theory.lets say he sgc was expecting them at say midnight, they dial the gate and telford makes it thru.about 5 seconds lata destiny went back in time due to solar flares ,but only rush knew.so now its 12 noon at the sgc so they ain't expecting anyone from destiny because eli hasn't contacted them yet.so everyone els step thru the gate and some were sent to other timelines while others got splattered all over sgc's iris.rush then managed to catch another solar flare so that alt destiny could jump again to catch the other destiny before they dial earth.it was while he jumped ahead of this destiny that he stoned to earth and found telford there. feel free to poke holes whereva necessary
                    No, because Telford was at the SGC immediatly after Rush went back in time 12 hours. Telford went back in time as well.
                    I'm not sure what you are talking about with the whole "Rush jumped again to catch up with the second Destiny". There was no need to jump twice. Destiny went into the sun, went back 12 hours to the point that "our" Destiny was at, seems pretty simple to me.

Comment

As for the manner Telford was Questioning Rush, I was pretty sure that was the other Telford talking. He just felt to involved with the other Rush.

So, if Telford was still connected and he is still alive in the next Episode. I am asking myself if he is the first one who survived a stoned killing? It could be explained very easily since both minds that where switched where basically the same. So the one that disconnected had still his own conciousness, just a younger one.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        As for the manner Telford was Questioning Rush, I was pretty sure that was the other Telford talking. He just felt to involved with the other Rush.

So, if Telford was still connected and he is still alive in the next Episode. I am asking myself if he is the first one who survived a stoned killing? It could be explained very easily since both minds that where switched where basically the same. So the one that disconnected had still his own conciousness, just a younger one.
                        There is no way that Telford had swapped with himself using the stones. Our Telford was already onboard the damaged Destiny while Wray was talking to the future Telford back on Earth. When Wray came back and told Young that future Telford wanted to swap with himself, our Telford was already dead. The stone swap between Telford's did not happen.

Both Telford's would feel equally involved with Rush to be angry. The only thing separating them is 12 hours and neither of them actually experienced the power failure and only have Rush's word as to what happened, and in the past Rush has deliberatly faked the exact thing he now says genuinely happened.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          According to Rush the entire ship went back in time the moment they connected, the wormhole itself did not transport them in time.

if Telford and Rush weren't both back 12 hours in time but in different times then:
                          - Rush couldn't have connected to him with the stones to check how many made it through
                          - Wray couldn't have seen/spoken to him when she used the stones
                          - If the wormhole was responsible for timetravel, Rush wouldn't have been sent back in time because he didn't go through

the entire ship went back in time. This is the way the writers intended it anyway. I've made a summary of the timetravelling a page back which should make the order of events clear.

Comment

i think wen Rush switched with Telford and Telford found himself in the empty gateroom .....i think he saw something that Rush had done.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                              i think wen Rush switched with Telford and Telford found himself in the empty gateroom .....i think he saw something that Rush had done.
                              What's Telford going to see? It's not like any sabotage Rush could have done would be obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                                I think the writers sort of forgot about that one.

Most of the 'not-knowing-about-Telford' can be explained as the destiny crew not using the stones nor having anyone on stone duty. It could be that Eli switched with Dr Lee more than 12 hours before the "first" destiny attempted to dial.

I believe it's like this;

- hour 0: moment of dailing in the first timeline: Destiny A tries to dial

- 12+ hours before the moment when destiny A tried to dial: Eli and Dr Lee swap places. This happens a little more than 12 hours before Destiny A tried to dial. Noone is on stone duty after this. The SGC is expecting the Destiny to dial in anywhere within the next day or so.
                                - 12 hours before dial: Destiny A makes a connection to Earth and is sent back in time a little over 12 hours
                                - 12 hours before dial: Telford comes through the gate on Earth
                                - roughly 12-9 hours before dial: Rush waits on destiny A and then uses the stones to switch with Telford
                                - roughly 9-6 hours ( I'm just making up random hours, just to give an impression of a rough timescale ) before dial: Destiny B comes out of FTL, Rush goes to Destiny B
                                - 0 hours before the moment when destiny A tried to dial. Destiny B is in the star and crew B decides not to dial Earth.
                                - 1+ hours after the moment when destiny A tried to dial; Destiny B encounters Destiny A, which has left the star hours earlier and stopped nearby.

I can't say for sure but in the milky way gate, when there is a incoming dial, do all the chevron light up?
                                sigpic
                                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                                X